Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Niagara Pre-release Thread

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    you're going about it the wrong way i think. it doesnt seem to be so much about the devices that are getting upgraded, but the entire product line for each underlying technology (GSM vs CDMA)

Bold is the upgrade of the current GSM qwerty Blackberrys (8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, blah blah blah) WITH 3G
    Javelin is the upgrade of the current GSM qwerty Blackberrys (8300, 8310, 8320, 8800, blah blah blah) WITHOUT 3G
    Niagara is the upgrade of the current CDMA qwerty Blackberrys (8330, 8830)

the 8800 series did not have a camera, but all of the next generation Blackberrys will

the next generation keyboard seems to be a hybrid of both the 8300 series and 8800 series keyboards

i wouldnt call either Javelin, Niagara, or Bold a specific upgrade to the 8800 series or 8300 series, its more of the entire product line

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here's the thing, those documents posted by BGR were fairly old. (The Storm was referred to as the Thunder) What exactly is the CDMA Bold going to be called, because rumor was that the Bold WAS eventually going to make it to Verizon in May of '09. If those documents are true, then it should be called the Meteor, but you say the Meteor is only GSM??

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Has this not been covered before? "Thunder" is RIM's codename for the touchscreen Blackberry. "Storm" is the codename used by Verizon and Vodafone.
    Similarly, "Meteor" is RIM's codename for the GSM 3G qwerty Blackberry, while "Bold" is the codename used by AT&T and other carriers.
    (wasn't "Indigo" RIM's codename for the 8830, while Verizon and Sprint have no standardized codename for it?? It's not like this is a new concept)

The next generation qwerty CDMA Blackberry is RIM codename "Niagara". As yet, no Verizon (or other carrier) codename has been leaked. It will be similar to the Bold/Meteor and/or Javelin

Why is this so hard to comprehend? Can I make it any simpler??

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I get the idea, but nothing has been confirmed, especially with the names (which is mostly why this is confusing). No offense, but I need some one with a little more credibility to prove it to me. I don't think those BGR documents really prove too much, they just have quick overviews of each device.

Device(s)
    IP4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Actually i think the niagra is a clone of the javelin just cdma

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE2674
    No that is incorrect. Once again, the Niagara has styling similar to the Storm. They will NOT look the same.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon-There is no other.
    Feedback Score
    PSN username=CYBORG_SMURF
    Google Talk: matrix.underworld

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    This will be my next device, I just got a Voyager, and while its ok.... Its not my favorite.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    jorGeorge, you're absolutely killing me here.

Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge
    From what I've read (mostly posts form CX)
    OK, so you say you go by what CX posts, that works for me. BUT THEN WHEN HE POSTS STUFF:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by macflauaus
    Those pictures make Niagara look like a CDMA-variant of the Javelin, not the bold. There are some major design differences between the two.
    This would be 100% CORRECT.
    YOU DISAGREE A MONTH AND A HALF LATER:
    Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge
    Quote Originally Posted by PETE2674
    No that is incorrect. Once again, the Niagara has styling similar to the Storm. They will NOT look the same.
    You're wrong. Wrong. Incorrect. False. Not right. How many ways does it need to be said?!
    JUST READ THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE POST AND STOP TALKING OUT OF YOUR REAR-END!

READ READ READ READ READ

Please just stop posting, its making my head hurt and confusing everybody else. Take whatever time you would have spent posting, and instead use it to read up.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    and this whole "Niagara is styled like the Storm" crap you keep spouting off is ridiculous.

If you have the Storm:

and add a keyboard

IT LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THE BOLD:

so saying "Niagara is styled like the Storm" MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.
    All that is saying is that it will be black with a silvery outline. Which is every new Blackberry. That's not something unique to the Storm. So great, the Niagara will be black with silver. Awesome. NOW PLEASE STOP SAYING "Niagara is styled like the Storm"! STOP IT!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    A few days ago over at crackberry.com, I asked CX the following:
    Wait so Crucial, can you confirm at least one of the following things for us:

1. There are two more Blackberries headed to Verizon aside from the Storm that should be landing in early 2009.
    2. There is the Niagara, with no 3G but has wi-fi, and takes its styling from the Storm; and there is the Meteor which has 3G and is pretty much the CDMA Bold.
    His response:
    That's the word. EVDO Rev-A is 3rd generation technology. BTW, the Niagara is one hel l of a device. Those that purchase it will be quite pleased.
    Now obviously I was wrong about the 3G, but CX confirmed everything else.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    im holding out for the bold or the Niagara... Cant wait.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    then let me repeat my question from yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by jrttman
    Quote Originally Posted by dZW
    let me clear this up. Niagra = CDMA Javelin. meteor = CDMA bold
    wtf? What would the difference be? There'd be a 9030 then like a 9035? One would have wifi and the other wouldnt? What would the differentiation be between a CDMA Bold and a CDMA Javelin??? (don't say 3G, because all CDMA blackberrys have 3G.)
    at this point, it makes no sense to have CDMA versions of both the Bold and Javelin

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrttman
    then let me repeat my question from yesterday:

at this point, it makes no sense to have CDMA versions of both the Bold and Javelin
    Well this is what CX has been saying, and he seems like a very credible source to me. Hopefully he will eventually lay his knowledge upon this thread and explain things more in depth.

EDIT: I believe dZW was correct in that quote you used. It might not make immediate sense to us, but we don't know as much about those devices and their differences.

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    speaking of things that CX says...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by KickAss
    Bold:
    Higher Internal Memory (1GB)
    3G
    Leather Back

Javelin:
    3.2 MegaPix Camera
    Metal back
    QWERTY spaced Keyboard

Size: Bold=8800 Javelin=8300? Not clear on this.
    Or are they Identical in size but above features etc are different?

I would go with the Javelin if its closer in size to the Curve...but then my pearl just crashed and i need a new phone...DAMN you RIM...why cant you launch both together?!?!
    Ok first, if you're going to make the topic, have the information correct.
    The ONLY thing the Bold has on the Javelin is net speed. Thats ALL! The Javelin has more usable memory for Apps, more internal memory overall, better camera, better screen, and a few others. The only bad thing about the Javelin is that it does not have 3G. Other than net speed, the Bold cannot touch the Javelin in any way shape or form.
    obviously Bold and Javelin are GSM, but you think there will be a CDMA sibling of each, specs looking something like:
    2MP camera VS 3.2MP camera
    512MB ram VS 1GB ram
    480x320 VS 480x360
    qwerty VS qwerty
    wifi = yes VS wifi = yes
    EVDO Rev A VS EVDO Rev A
    ???
    again, why would they even bother making the "lower" one? I can't imagine anybody would buy it

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast