Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tmo 3G goes live in Vegas...

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, Moto Edge 5G, and Moto G Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + 2x Plus Up
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

Quote Originally Posted by reyes2007
    Well surfing the internet and talking on the phone works! Now I just need to get that tethering working.
    congrats
    you got 3G!
    this is the key feature, talk and surf at the same time
    no more missed calls

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile Post-Pay
    Feedback Score
    Well, Im glad to see things happening. Im looking forward to Houston Launching. They actually built a new 3G tower near my house for Tmobile. It went up very quick and im looking forward to using 3G. I only hope they can get an android device out soon, the SE phone also looks nice. I just pray for a 3G Bold with AWS but I think thats probably a longshot. Since I still need my Blackberry Ill probably keep that and use some sort of 3G PDA as my other phone to satisfy my 3G cravings.
    “The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

― George Orwell

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Sounds exciting. I just ordered a Sammy T-639 and I'm hoping I'll be able to tell if LA gets lit up through BT tethering to my notebook before they formally announce it.

If anyone in Vegas has the T-639, please tell me if you can tether @ 3G speeds reliably. Thanks.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danny.boi
    Sounds exciting. I just ordered a Sammy T-639 and I'm hoping I'll be able to tell if LA gets lit up through BT tethering to my notebook before they formally announce it.

If anyone in Vegas has the T-639, please tell me if you can tether @ 3G speeds reliably. Thanks.
    I ordered a Nokia 6263 for $51.xx after tax and upgrade fee (no rebate) with a 2-year contract. I don't know how it showed up in my phone upgrade page for only $29.99 with no rebate ($170 instant saving) so I jumped on it right away. I am going to flash the firmware to 5.20 so I could get 3rd party Java apps working.

I'm going to Vegas at the end of August and will definitely test the T-Mobile LV 3G network.
    Phone History: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | HTC Sensation 4G | Google Nexus One | HTC HD2 | Nokia 5230 Nuron | Nokia N900 | BB Curve 8900 | iPhone 3G | Google Ion | Nokia 5800XM | Nokia E71-2 | T-Mobile G1 | iPhone 2G

My Feedbacks: eBay | Heatware | HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I did something similar. I just used my 2 year extension (don't plan on leaving anytime soon) and got the Sammy T-639 online for $ 9.99. I think it's awesome that we can take advantage of a subsidy discount so often with the Boyz in Pink. I've done it three times already in less than 6 months time.

Of course, after the upgrade fee, tax and express shipping, it came out to $ 46.32.

I'm hoping T-Mobile and Samsung won't make it too difficult for me to get the SW that allows for the 3G icon to appear assuming that it might be an issue.

Device(s)
    Galaxy nexus
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    how often are u eligible for an upgrade?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2
    how often are u eligible for an upgrade?

When you do an upgrade online, you are blocked until a full billing cycle has passed before you can do another one. You do get charged for the tax and upgrade fee if applicable.

AFAIK, there are no limits but you do have to extend your contract each time if you accept the discount.

The discount is not much when applied to the high end devices, but for the low priced phones you can practically get them for close to nothing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

I wouldn't recommend T639, nokia 3555 is better.....
    because
    except you have very good 3G signal, it keeps bouncing between 2G and 3G at home (put it near the window), very annoying
    3555 is better, it can keep on 3G mode till I bring it to basement (only 2G is available due to indoor repeater)
    however, 3555 has another problem, and nokia should read (maybe it's just mine)
    after using awhile, the external display acts up, even displays nothing, even I turn sleep mode off and use standby clock
    danny, I'd recommend to get SE TM506 if Los Angeles won't have 3G active in this month
    tmonews posted it'll come Sept 3
    the phone supports HSDPA 3.6, by FCC doc

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB 3.1.2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Check out my sig! Thanks Thor!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    D A M N!!!!!

yours is a lot better than I got
    but latency.....

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's pretty fast for a basic UMTS phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB 3.1.2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    The average is about 400kbs but that was my first one so I just posted it before I took too long.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    T-Mobile does have a smaller customer base than AT&T and a much smaller amount of customers who have 3G capable handsets.............. and an even smaller amount of those users who use their devices for data purposes.

I'm hoping I'll be the only one who knows and cares about the capabilities of T-Mobile's 3G network in my area at least for a while.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bachviet
    it's pretty like the speedtest result I posted on May 1, with 6263 tethered
    a quickie to bring laptop up to kitchen to setup, while making/eating breakfast
    the speed was 424kbps

btw, the post has sent to BGR, and see what'll happen

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile does have a smaller customer base than AT&T and a much smaller amount of customers who have 3G capable handsets.............. and an even smaller amount of those users who use their devices for data purposes.

I'm hoping I'll be the only one who knows and cares about the capabilities of T-Mobile's 3G network in my area at least for a while.
    now 3G is slow down a bit after 3 months
    probably a lot of data players migrated to basic UMTS, while HSDPA is still looking good, and EDGE is more doable recently (at least now I can watch zoovision on 3555 in the basement, where has only 2G available, without interruption)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast