Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How To Unbrand Nokia 5310 XM Blue from Rogers

Feedback Score

I followed WesleyThomas posting and it WORKED !!!!

I did exactly what he said, using the number he posted further down ( 0558988 ) and it worked like a charm.

I had to play around a bit until it recognized my phone. I don't know whether you have to have Nokia PC suite running or not, I can't remember, try it with and without. I hit the "scan for new device" the "phone Info" then "Scan". The first few time it didn't come up with a product code or anything but I kept trying ( it didn't take too long ) and then it worked. I changed the Product Code to 0558988, checked enable right beside it NOTHING ELSE !!! and then hit "Write"... it was done right away. I then ran the updater and like he said it says that there is an update ( unlike before ) and would you like to update. I answered yes and it took about 15 min. and there it was !!! MP3's as ringtones no problems !!! and now I can sent a flash text message too, I sent a flash text to a friend's phone and he can read it, but only once, it doesn't go into his inbox !!! Nice feature !!! a couple of new games too !!!

My nokia 5310 is blue and had V03.63 24-10-07 RM-304
    Now it's.. still blue... and has V07.01 23-04-08 RM-304
    I'm running vista 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyThomas
    Hey guys, I just debranded my Rogers Nokia 5310 yesterday.
    There was an awesome tutorial on how to do it here on Hofo, but I can't seem to find it again.
    Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.
    Download and install NSU (nokia software updater) and NSS (Nemesis something something) then follow what nemesis tells you to do to install the proper USB drivers for your phone. I had to do this because it had problems being able to detect/scan my phone.
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (it's in the menu, save the settings and contacts and whatever else you want)
    Once you have both installed open up the NSS client and scan the phone.
    There should be an option to read and see the product code. Check off the write enable box and then change the product code accordingly to the colour you have.
    Mine was blue, I found the code through Hofo, but don't remember it off the top of my head.
    Once you've changed the product number, close out of NSS completely.
    Launch NSU and scan your phone. Mine was at FW 3.63, it prompted me to update to 7.something. I agreed. This erases everything off of your phone and installs the new FW and Nokia OS.
    After it's done (which will take like 20 minutes) restore from the backup you made on your memory card.
    My texting took a few minutes to initialize, but works flawlessly now, and the menu is SO much faster, and I can set personalized ringtones and any mp3 song as my ringtone or alarm sound.
    I know this isn't extremely detailed, and if you don't understand any part of it, contact me or find the original tutorial. But trust me, unbranding this phone is so worth it it's not even funny.

Thanks WesleyThomas

PS I download NSS from demoniod...

Feedback Score
    Hey, I have the product code that I used for my Blue rogers nokia 5310.
    Are you scanning and properly reading the device? you have to be able to see all the product information to change it. I had the problem of it not scanning properly and I had to re-install NSS to get the proper USB drivers.

Hey , Thanks for the product code , it worked !! I have successfully debranded and updated my phone and I can now say GOOD BYE ROGERS RESTRICTIONS , and WELCOME NOKIA FREEDOM.

Feedback Score
    I followed WesleyThomas instructions, and they worked like a charm.... MP3's as ringtones, some new games, and Flash text messages... ( text messages that can only be read once )

Thanks WesleyThomas

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Nokia 3210, 6160
    Feedback Score
    I Followed your instruction carefully and voila! my blue 5310 is now debranded - thanks to you WesleyThomas!

Hey guys, I just debranded my Rogers Nokia 5310 yesterday.
    There was an awesome tutorial on how to do it here on Hofo, but I can't seem to find it again.
    Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.
    Download and install NSU (nokia software updater) and NSS (Nemesis something something) then follow what nemesis tells you to do to install the proper USB drivers for your phone. I had to do this because it had problems being able to detect/scan my phone.
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (it's in the menu, save the settings and contacts and whatever else you want)
    Once you have both installed open up the NSS client and scan the phone.
    There should be an option to read and see the product code. Check off the write enable box and then change the product code accordingly to the colour you have.
    Mine was blue, I found the code through Hofo, but don't remember it off the top of my head.
    Once you've changed the product number, close out of NSS completely.
    Launch NSU and scan your phone. Mine was at FW 3.63, it prompted me to update to 7.something. I agreed. This erases everything off of your phone and installs the new FW and Nokia OS.
    After it's done (which will take like 20 minutes) restore from the backup you made on your memory card.
    My texting took a few minutes to initialize, but works flawlessly now, and the menu is SO much faster, and I can set personalized ringtones and any mp3 song as my ringtone or alarm sound.
    I know this isn't extremely detailed, and if you don't understand any part of it, contact me or find the original tutorial. But trust me, unbranding this phone is so worth it it's not even funny.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8900, Pearl 8120
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner
    I followed WesleyThomas instructions, and they worked like a charm.... MP3's as ringtones, some new games, and Flash text messages... ( text messages that can only be read once )

Thanks WesleyThomas
    I've been following this thread for several day, but had to stop due to the arrival or hurricane Ike. I live in Houston. Anyway, now that I'm back online I'm wondering if the steps taken to unbrand a blue 5310 XM from Rogers will work on a silver 5310 XM on T-Mobile. Also, does the phone have to be unlocked before it's unbranded? Perhaps these are dumb questions, but I'm new to all this. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, glad to hear everything is working out for you who have tried my not so detailed tutorial. My phone is still working flawlessly, I get woken up by weezer every morning instead of an annoying nokia alert.
    Rgr1856, i read something about there being different product codes for the different versions of the phone. I'm not entirely sure if the U.S. got the same series of phones as we did in Canada. The steps to debrand the phone should be the same for your phone as it was for mine, even if it's a different series. You just have to make sure that you have the right product code.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandra1tym
    thanks wes.
    i figured that out..but noticed that my backlight on my keypad is not working anymore. argh, i'm so tempted to restore back to the factory settings.
    double post..
    I haven't had the same problem, has anyone else?
    I just checked mine, it's kinda dark in this room right now but the lights came on in full glory as soon as I pressed a button.
    Sorry to ask but, did you just try a simple soft reset?

Feedback Score
    This is great news.

Are there different versions of the 5310 that this might not work with? I got mine right when they came out.

And what can really go wrong? I mean, it's a brand new phone and I'm a little nervous about flashing it's firmware. I've seen other devices get really messed up with ppl flashing it with faulty firmware and get screwed.

For warantee, can't we just reflash it before sending it to Rogers? Also, will all txt msg's only appear once or are those only "flash" msgs, as in .swf files? The word flash is potentially "punning" me on this one.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Excellent tutorial I got rid of my crippled Robbers software tonight thanks to this thread

Feedback Score
    hey guys, thanks to all the great help in this thread!!!

having a slight problem though.. I updated to V07.01 successfully and am having no problems, but it has no chinese language which is a slight problem for me since friends from HK and China send me text messages which I can't read now ... I searched, and found chinese/english product code "0548870" and used NSS to update but when I use NSUpdater, it tells me there no updates for my phone...

Is there any way I can load english AND chinese on my phone? Thanks so much to anybody that can help me!!

Feedback Score

Step By Step On How To Unbrand A Rogers Nokia 5310 Xm Blue!

hello, i just upgraded my phone to the firmware v08.32 from 3.6(the rogers version). This will only work with Nokia 5310 XM BLUE Rogers. I do not know about others tho.
    My spec of my phone is:
    Nokia 5310 Express Music
    v8.32
    23-07-08
    (c) Nokia
    Variant:00.00

Language V 08.32
    V 08.32
    23 - 07 -08
    Rm-303
    (c) Nokia
    N

First you have to download http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163 from the Nokia website.
    Second you will have to download http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page_2

After you download both, go into the Nemesis Service Suite and connect your phone. On the right corner there is a magnify glasses. CLick on that and it will check your spec.
    Then go to PHONE INFO>
    in the right hand side. you will see "Product Code"
    In the bottom you will see the option "Read"
    Click on read first and then check off "ENABLE" beside the Product Code.
    Erase the product code that you have right now and put in "0558988" in the product code box and then click Write.
    In the bottem you will see (...... Done)
    Close the Nemesis Service Suite and then open the Nokia Software updater
    Again you must connect the phone to the USB. Then follow the instruction and you will see the 8.32 firmware ready to update! SO you click update or what ever it is and then wait for a few minutes to update.
    THEN YOU ARE DONE> ENJOY THE EXTREME LOUD SPEAKERS AND THE NEW FIRMWARE DESIGN!

Hope this help

Feedback Score
    this site is ****, i posted a step by step instructions and ended up that they did not post it here. anyways, i got my nokia 5310 rogers blue unbranded

Feedback Score
    I have changed the product code to 0558988 that I used for my Blue rogers nokia 5310.
    I can update F/W to 8.32.
    However, I still cannot use Fido sim.

Please help.
    Cheers!
    King

Device(s)
    HTC touch T630 E1000 SGH-A706 Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    does any one have the stock 3.63 rogers? i would like to install another language on the phone but already have 8.32FW therefore when installing the language pack i can not update FW and can not see the additional language.
    Any ideas i did not see a reinstall option.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310 Music Express
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada)
    Feedback Score

Update version is now 9.**

I followed the plans here (thank you all VERY much). However, the update listed in Nokia Updater is version 9.** (I think it was 9.36??) not the version 8 that others have used so far. I cancelled the update, fearing to go where possibly noone has gone before...

Has anyone flashed the version 9 update on their blue 5310 MusicXpress? Or does anyone have any info on how this update compares to the version 8 that's been used so far?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast