Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How To Unbrand Nokia 5310 XM Blue from Rogers

Feedback Score

Cool How To Unbrand Nokia 5310 XM Blue from Rogers

I just got a new phone from Rogers and I really want to unbrand it , i already got it unlocked but still i need to unbrand it so i can avoid this stupid restriction on my ring tones ..

mine is RM-304 , I was able to change the product code on the phone using NSS, but still i can't get the NSU to update my firmware to the 5.81 version :-(

Can someone please help me with this ... am really disappointed ....

Feedback Score

Toronto same boat!

we're on the same boat dude! I'm just waiting for some help so I can unbrand nokia 5310 blue rm 304 myself! I want my ringtones so bad! somebody please help us! so I can use my ring tone in front of Rogers' sales rep! hahaha... restrict my *** Rogers!!!

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by damiri
    mine is RM-304 , I was able to change the product code on the phone using NSS, but still i can't get the NSU to update my firmware to the 5.81 version :-(

Can someone please help me with this ... am really disappointed ....
    What's the FW on your phone right now?
    My Feedback

Condoms, Rose! Condoms! Condoms! Condoms! - Dorothy Zbornak

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dckl
    What's the FW on your phone right now?
    Yes, what's the Rogers' firmware version on your phone right now? If it is later than the generic version provided by Noka based on your product code, you won't be able to unbrand it through the conventional/standard way.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Feedback Score
    What ringtone restriction? If you are talking about the mp3 restriction, just convert your mp3 to wma.

BTW, where did you get it unlocked? How much? Can unlocking also add languages too?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo
    Yes, what's the Rogers' firmware version on your phone right now? If it is later than the generic version provided by Noka based on your product code, you won't be able to unbrand it through the conventional/standard way.
    How do I know what' my Roger's firmware and also how do I know if mine's a later generic version? Thank you so much!

Can you also give me the instructions or a link on how to unbrand the conventional/standard way.

Here's my phone info if it helps, but I don't know how to check Roger's Firmware:

Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    24-10-07
    RM-304
    (c) Nokia
    Variant: 00.00

Language:
    V 03.63
    07-03-08
    RM-303
    (c) Nokia
    NR0

Feedback Score
    Same here .... someone please help

The Firmware Version is 3.63 RM-304 Why that can't be upgraded ?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I just debranded my Rogers Nokia 5310 yesterday.
    There was an awesome tutorial on how to do it here on Hofo, but I can't seem to find it again.
    Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.
    Download and install NSU (nokia software updater) and NSS (Nemesis something something) then follow what nemesis tells you to do to install the proper USB drivers for your phone. I had to do this because it had problems being able to detect/scan my phone.
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (it's in the menu, save the settings and contacts and whatever else you want)
    Once you have both installed open up the NSS client and scan the phone.
    There should be an option to read and see the product code. Check off the write enable box and then change the product code accordingly to the colour you have.
    Mine was blue, I found the code through Hofo, but don't remember it off the top of my head.
    Once you've changed the product number, close out of NSS completely.
    Launch NSU and scan your phone. Mine was at FW 3.63, it prompted me to update to 7.something. I agreed. This erases everything off of your phone and installs the new FW and Nokia OS.
    After it's done (which will take like 20 minutes) restore from the backup you made on your memory card.
    My texting took a few minutes to initialize, but works flawlessly now, and the menu is SO much faster, and I can set personalized ringtones and any mp3 song as my ringtone or alarm sound.
    I know this isn't extremely detailed, and if you don't understand any part of it, contact me or find the original tutorial. But trust me, unbranding this phone is so worth it it's not even funny.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WesleyThomas
    There was an awesome tutorial on how to do it here on Hofo, but I can't seem to find it again.
    Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.
    Download and install NSU (nokia software updater) and NSS (Nemesis something something) then follow what nemesis tells you to do to install the proper USB drivers for your phone. I had to do this because it had problems being able to detect/scan my phone.
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING (it's in the menu, save the settings and contacts and whatever else you want)
    There should be an option to read and see the product code. Check off the write enable box and then change the product code accordingly to the colour you have.
    Mine was blue, I found the code through Hofo, but don't remember it off the top of my head.
    Launch NSU and scan your phone. Mine was at FW 3.63, it prompted me to update to 7.something. I agreed. This erases everything off of your phone and installs the new FW and Nokia OS.
    After it's done (which will take like 20 minutes) restore from the backup you made on your memory card.
    My texting took a few minutes to initialize, but works flawlessly now, and the menu is SO much faster, and I can set personalized ringtones and any mp3 song as my ringtone or alarm sound.
    I know this isn't extremely detailed, and if you don't understand any part of it, contact me or find the original tutorial. But trust me, unbranding this phone is so worth it it's not even funny.
    Thank you so much dude!!! even tho u don't have the instructions yet, that was a wicked news for all of us 5310 xpressmusic user!!! anyways, I'll be checking up this forum regularly for any instructions!! so guys please please, post that instruction!!!

Feedback Score
    Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.

I have tried that procedure but it didn't work , I still have the FW RM-304 V. 3.63. and NSU doesn't help .

Can someone Please post what are the Product codes for Blue Phones that can make this NSU work ?

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hey, I have the product code that I used for my Blue rogers nokia 5310.
    Are you scanning and properly reading the device? you have to be able to see all the product information to change it. I had the problem of it not scanning properly and I had to re-install NSS to get the proper USB drivers.

Feedback Score
    hi..i just got this phone yesterday, and i am having a difficult time personalizing my ringtones. anyway, do you know where i can download this NSS and NSU?

Nokia 5310 Xpress Music
    V 3.83
    RM-304
    These same specs.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5310
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    NSS is Nemesis Service Suite, it's a free dl, just google it.
    And NSU is the Nokia Software updater, it's just on the nokia site.
    You can't personalize your ringtones with the branded version. It just ALWAYS says "unable to set as ringtone" or something along those lines.
    Now I have a full weezer mp3 as my ringtone.

Feedback Score
    thanks wes.
    i figured that out..but noticed that my backlight on my keypad is not working anymore. argh, i'm so tempted to restore back to the factory settings.

Feedback Score

Exclamation instructions please

guys the step by step instructions please... if there's pictures of the steps, that would be perfect! please post the instructions please please!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast