Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Customer Action of the Day Part III

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    heres a good one

big ol lady comes in with about 6 kids ..

customer- i need to see when i can get another phone

store manager- ok no problem mam whats your number

customer- xxx-xxx-xxxx

store manager- ok great .. are you authorized?

customer- YES!! OF COURSE (getting attitude of course)

store manager- ok mam may i see your id

customer- I AM AUTHORIZED!!! .. *shows id*

store manager- mam you are not authorized on this account .. i am sorry ...

customer- YES I AM!!!!

store manager- mam I do not see your name on this acct ... (asks me if i see this ladies name and i say NO)

customer- i need your managers number because you are being rude

store manager- I AM the store manager ...

customer leaves

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonnebrc
    I explained that we would be glad to take her payment however b/c we are not a COR store she would still need to contact customer service and set up a payment arrangement to see if $200 would allow her phone to be cut back on.
    thats a funny story...but this is why i hate all dealer stores. that customer prob ended up going to a COR store, because you said "im not a cor store" and ranted and raved at us, because another store sent them to COR. im probably just mis-understanding your post, but ive had dealer stores do this to me... and its my first chance to jump on it without having to worry about being fired :-P

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yvonnebrc
    I did give her the 800 number and I think you missed the point. She was calling me from a phone. So obviously she had access to another phone. But yet she still couldn't put two and two together that she just might be able to use that phone to call AT&T
    No offense intended. Just wanted to offer a suggestion, didn't realize you did offer the customer the toll free #.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    iphone 1.1.4
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    We have a guy who comes in on average about twice a week saying his phone is defective because it won't turn on. All we do is tell him the phone is not turned on and turn it on. We have shown him how to turn it on for the last three months and he still can't get it right!
    "Chuck Norris sneezes without blinking!"
    You just mad cause you suck at life...!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ijstahri
    We have a guy who comes in on average about twice a week saying his phone is defective because it won't turn on. All we do is tell him the phone is not turned on and turn it on. We have shown him how to turn it on for the last three months and he still can't get it right!

It always makes me cry a little on the inside for all of humanity when people come in with that problem. I see it wayyyy to much at my store.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-duh
    Feedback Score
    Love this--we get these entitled jerk offs all the time:

Guy comes in all upset because he broke his phone and wants us to get him another one. He says the typical "I broke my phone and I need to get another one," not realizing that the phones are expensive and you don't just get a replacement because you WANT one. It usually goes like this next: "Sir, you realize that you will have to buy the phone outright?" "Yeah, no problem...what do they cost...$20-$30?" "Uh, no sir...more like $200." "Whu-hut?!?" Well, this example today was no different, and the guy becomes infuriated because we won't just replace his broken phone with a new one at little to no cost to him. He can't get it through his pea brain that he is not going to just be handed a new phone. We tell him that he just upgraded 3 months ago, and he got a subsidized phone then, and because he did not opt for the handset insurance he will not be able to get one through that avenue either. He then asks the monumentally stupid universal follow-up question--"Isn't it under warranty?" I mean, really...what do people think a warranty is? Do they really think that running your phone over, or dropping it in a bucket of paint is covered by a manufacturer's warranty? I think they do...and I blame the school system for letting these pinheads graduate from high school without a working knowledge of the English language. Look up warranty in the dictionary--no where does it say that stupid actions which cause physical damage are part of any warranty.

Needless to say, after countless tries at explaining his predicament to him, he finally got it and purchased a PP phone outright.
    I got a rock!
    "Those who can...do. Those who can't...teach. Those who can't spell...go to HoFo"
    "That doesn't make any sense."--Ron Burgundy

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingman66
    Love this--we get these entitled jerk offs all the time:

Guy comes in all upset because he broke his phone and wants us to get him another one. He says the typical "I broke my phone and I need to get another one," not realizing that the phones are expensive and you don't just get a replacement because you WANT one. It usually goes like this next: "Sir, you realize that you will have to buy the phone outright?" "Yeah, no problem...what do they cost...$20-$30?" "Uh, no sir...more like $200." "Whu-hut?!?" Well, this example today was no different, and the guy becomes infuriated because we won't just replace his broken phone with a new one at little to no cost to him. He can't get it through his pea brain that he is not going to just be handed a new phone. We tell him that he just upgraded 3 months ago, and he got a subsidized phone then, and because he did not opt for the handset insurance he will not be able to get one through that avenue either. He then asks the monumentally stupid universal follow-up question--"Isn't it under warranty?" I mean, really...what do people think a warranty is? Do they really think that running your phone over, or dropping it in a bucket of paint is covered by a manufacturer's warranty? I think they do...and I blame the school system for letting these pinheads graduate from high school without a working knowledge of the English language. Look up warranty in the dictionary--no where does it say that stupid actions which cause physical damage are part of any warranty.

Needless to say, after countless tries at explaining his predicament to him, he finally got it and purchased a PP phone outright.
    I had the same situation the other day with a customer. He's sitting on the curb in front of the store before I open and just waiting for me to open. I only get to the store about 5-10 min early so I let him in and started helping him. First he tells me he needs a new phone because he broke his and ATT sent him a POS phone originally. I look up the 2 line account and he got his last phone in May and September so just recently. Doesn't understand why he has to pay $200 for a decent phone and gets angry. Here's the key part, he then gets a phone call on his phone, tells me to hold on and takes the call for about 30 sec. Now I can tell from the account it's not the original that he was sold but he has one. After a few minutes of explaining how 2 ETF's is more expensive than getting a free phone from somewhere else and with his account there is nothing I can do but he may want to call customer care and see if they have another option, basically to get him out of the store at this point. He then tells me that I have to call care for him because he doesn't have a phone. "You just answered one about 5 minutes ago." He storms out, comes back and shows me the POS Verizon free phone they gave him and tells me how ATT I lost $3000 from his account. He's on a $69.99 Family plan with blocks on everything, ok.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-duh
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terhett
    He storms out, comes back and shows me the POS Verizon free phone they gave him and tells me how ATT I lost $3000 from his account.
    And he probably lost thousands of dollars of business, too, while his POS phone from AT&T was "not working" properly...LMFAO

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile ~ previously used:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cingman66
    I blame the school system for letting these pinheads graduate from high school without a working knowledge of the English language.
    Right on!!

Feedback Score
    Customer comes in:
    Custy: My screen shuts off!
    Me: Ok let me see what I can do for you ( I take the phone, flip it open and the screen is working fine)
    Me: Sir it appears to be working fine right now, does it shut off often?
    Custy: Sure let me show you! ( He takes the phone and starts continuously slamming it closed until the screen goes black)
    Me: Wow... Uhm, sir of course the screen goes black if you keep pummeling it. Phones aren't meant to withstand being battered repeatedly.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by terhett
    I had the same situation the other day with a customer. He's sitting on the curb in front of the store before I open and just waiting for me to open. I only get to the store about 5-10 min early so I let him in and started helping him. First he tells me he needs a new phone because he broke his and ATT sent him a POS phone originally. I look up the 2 line account and he got his last phone in May and September so just recently. Doesn't understand why he has to pay $200 for a decent phone and gets angry. Here's the key part, he then gets a phone call on his phone, tells me to hold on and takes the call for about 30 sec. Now I can tell from the account it's not the original that he was sold but he has one. After a few minutes of explaining how 2 ETF's is more expensive than getting a free phone from somewhere else and with his account there is nothing I can do but he may want to call customer care and see if they have another option, basically to get him out of the store at this point. He then tells me that I have to call care for him because he doesn't have a phone. "You just answered one about 5 minutes ago." He storms out, comes back and shows me the POS Verizon free phone they gave him and tells me how ATT I lost $3000 from his account. He's on a $69.99 Family plan with blocks on everything, ok.
    I sympathize man. Even though I work for VZW and should be happy of the outcome, the truth is AT&T and VZW trade customers like this every damn day. It happens to me all the time, physically damaged phones with no insurance and the cust calls us crooks and threatens to go to AT&T (or other carrier, usually AT&T where I live). I try to explain that the cust of their ETF with us plus the activation fee they will incur joining another carrier actually costs MORE than the full retail price of their phone, and not only that but if the same thing happens with that carrier, they will give you the EXACT same options we are giving you today... they still don't listen half the time... sad sad wold we live in

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    At&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LUNDiS
    thats a funny story...but this is why i hate all dealer stores. that customer prob ended up going to a COR store, because you said "im not a cor store" and ranted and raved at us, because another store sent them to COR. im probably just mis-understanding your post, but ive had dealer stores do this to me... and its my first chance to jump on it without having to worry about being fired :-P
    Dont hate us, hate the company you are employed by for not giving us the proper authority to fix such issues.

Anywho....

I love those ***clowns that think warranty covers broken screens

We get those customers quite often that expect that we can just give them a phone because they broke theirs. Then when we give them the options and they always respond with: "Well, I'll just goto Verizon then." and of course I reply with, what do you think they'll do for you if you break your phone before you're eligible to upgrade? THE SAME ****. and of course they'll fell like the morons they are and buy a PP or ebay phone.

On another note
    I'm semi-glad we don't sell the ipiece, cause I imagine you COR guys feel like order takers. "I would like to get an iPhone please." Must be nice.

It's fun to try and sell against the iphone, until these sheep don't want to listen to anything I say because they're so brain washed by the Apple marketing team. I gotta hand it to Apple, they know how to get an overpriced, underpowered product sold.

Talk About a stupid customer action.
    Bold: Data, Text
    V60i (Hell yeah I rock vintage phones!): Voice Only

Next on the list: The next Blackberry?

Steve Jobs is a price fixin', money grubbin' ***hat. I wish I could be that capitalist.
    The iPad is an overpriced iPod touch with the giant screen feature
    How'd That Go?

Feedback Score
    Holy ****ing ****! I am sorry but I have to rant for a min before I go off on this guy on the phone here. BUT A NOKIA 2600 IS NOT A RADICALLY DIFFERENT PHONE FROM A NOKIA 2610! I sold a customer a nokia 2600 yesterday bc he had a 2610 and wanted a basic phone now he is on the phone with me *****ing because apparently is it so differnt his high tecvh wife and kid cannot figure out how to put a contact in in the new phone. Seriously i am about to scream and he refuses to come in the store but insead wants me to walk him though it but I seriously have to tell him to hit the select button each time and explain which one it is each time!

Edit: No lie he wants to know how to use the camera so I told him that I was not sure and I have him getting his instrustion book out and reading me the directions and repeating them for him

Device(s)
    HTC Fuze
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by neodamonkey
    wants me to walk him though it but I seriously have to tell him to hit the select button each time and explain which one it is each time!
    Welcome to my hell.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it was pretty rediculous espically since its not like he was an old guy or anything couldn't have been more than 40 and seemed semi compentent when he came into the store. I just cant stand it when people say i want something close to my old one and you sell them something like 2610->2600 and they are like OMG its not the same! Um duh but its pretty damn close and they are like no way its way different when its just a differnt colored screen and the buttons are a little different. I mean come on if you can't stand a little change keep your broke *** phone and dont complain.

I have a guy who was comming in every day for about 2 weeks after another rep sold him a samsung 417 from a samsung 497 (or whatever the older ones were) and he just wanted to ***** that it was soooo different and he could figure it out. Is it just me or is that one almost exactly the same? I finially told him that I guess he couldnt learn so bring in all the stuff and I need to return it. lol. He then decied to pull his head out of his *** and listen when I explain that the green button on the new one did the same as the green on the old one. LOL

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast