Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I don't get it, why would HTC release the Diamond and Touch HD so soon in the US?

Device(s)
    Palm Treo 680
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I would say the HD won't be available at AT&T or any other carrier for that matter (subsidized) until Q1 or Q2 2009. That means the Diamond will have had 9 months to a year of selling time.

Device(s)
    Yo Momma's Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Best Compromise between Price & Service
    Feedback Score
    Well, first of all the Diamond has to be introduced on a carrier other than Sprint. We knew a looong time back that the Diamond was coming to Sprint, no such thing with the HD.

AT&T didn't carry the Touch, and they don't seem to be carrying the Diamond. What makes anyone think they'll carry the Touch HD? If the CDMA version of the HD does come out, it'll come out mid next year at the earliest.
    CDMA - a great technology, hobbled by greedy carriers and a closed business model. Its a pity, really.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Do you want to prevent your carrier from changing your plan on you even while you're in contract? Complain to the FCC about Sprint terminating contracts here: A short complaint form at the FCC: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=&id=d1e408

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    side note touch diamond 1 million sold in 6 weeks

Device(s)
    HTC Touch Diamond2 T5353, HTC HD2 8585
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Akuma
    HTC is a Taiwainese company though aren't they?

The iPhone is only seen as an awsome phone in the US from what I heard, its not considered such a great phone in other markets, especially ones in the east.
    The only disappointment so far for the iPhone has been Japan, where the estimate now is that a half-million will be sold before year's end instead of the expected million. According to the WSJ, the problem with the iPhone 3G in Japan is it's relatively high price, that high-tech 3G phones have been around for quite some time in Japan, and that even the iPhone 3G lacks features common in Japanese phones.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyFreeman
    side note touch diamond 1 million sold in 6 weeks
    That's nothing to sneeze about, but what counts in the business world is yearly sales, and in an iPhone 3G versus Diamond match up I think there can be no doubt whose Goliath and whose David. A fairer comparison would be total sales, since HTC makes many different phones, both under its brand and for others.

Finally, the specs are now official. The HD is 1.2cm (~.5") and 1.3cm (~.5") taller than the Diamond. For what you get, including that multimedia-playback friendly screen and audio jack, I don't think too many will complain about the small increase in size. The fact that the corners are ergonomically rounded, one has to wonder if the HD is more pocket friendly than the original Diamond and it's squared-off corners. Also, The HD will launch quad-band for voice, though only Euro/Asia for data. That's good news for me since I live in a WiFi saturated world and 3G isn't that important.

I noticed that Expanses has already got the HD up for pre-order though with no pricing information yet. I plan to import one as soon as possible.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My very first smartphone was the HTC 6800 from alltel. I loved that phone. I been a way from the net for a bit, and what do i see when i come back...Like 3 hot *** htc phones that i want. So im not with alltel anymore and im going to sprint. Well i see that they have the diamond. Then i find this phone thats going to rape the iphone. the touch hd!!! so i hope sprint gets it. if not.... I'm goin diamond. but i agree with bubbatex. Its just away to hit all markets and get all the money they can. Cuz one is goin to have to be cheaper than the other.

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 million in 6 weeks seeing as it hasnt been available anywhere in north america until telus launched it on august 14th

Device(s)
    IPhone X 256gb
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thobackkid
    My very first smartphone was the HTC 6800 from alltel. I loved that phone. I been a way from the net for a bit, and what do i see when i come back...Like 3 hot *** htc phones that i want. So im not with alltel anymore and im going to sprint. Well i see that they have the diamond. Then i find this phone thats going to rape the iphone. the touch hd!!! so i hope sprint gets it. if not.... I'm goin diamond. but i agree with bubbatex. Its just away to hit all markets and get all the money they can. Cuz one is goin to have to be cheaper than the other.

im surprised if u loved the 6800 im surprised u wouldnt go for the touch pro since thats the updated version of the 6800

Device(s)
    Now: Toshiba 904T 6th: Sharp 802SH 5th: Motorola V400 (2004-2005)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turley
    The only disappointment so far for the iPhone has been Japan, where the estimate now is that a half-million will be sold before year's end instead of the expected million. According to the WSJ, the problem with the iPhone 3G in Japan is it's relatively high price, that high-tech 3G phones have been around for quite some time in Japan, and that even the iPhone 3G lacks features common in Japanese phones.
    LOL that is so true I was laughing so hard when people were talking about all that the iPhone could do and how innovative it was and I tell them my Phone (802SH) did most of that and it was released in Japan in 2004!

Device(s)
    Samsung Moment
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    September 17th htc touch diamond releases with sprint and Oct 19th htc touch pro releses with sprint

Device(s)
    Att Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Hasen't it pretty much been confirmed that ATT will carry the Touch Pro as well? I think they were renaming it the ATT Fuse or something like that.

I noticed that HTC has three new models listed on their site now, the Viva, 3G, and Touch HD.

I am disappointed that none of these models have both a WVGA screen and a hardware keyboard.

A WVGA Touch Pro would be pretty much the perfect phone for me.

I seriously want the Touch Pro, but I can't afford to upgrade from it anytime soon if they do come out with a WVGA Touch Pro, but if there are no such plans I could be waiting for a long time... the no video drivers on my Att Tilt is killing me.
    "A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - ComradOtter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2