View Poll Results: What do you think of The Hacker Manual?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its what we needed man!

5 50.00%
  • Good - Over joyed!

3 30.00%
  • Bad - it Sucks!

1 10.00%
  • Don't Know Just yet?

1 10.00%
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Thread: SCH-R450 - Samsunng (R450m)

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by rashou812 View Post
    What is it that your trying to do? Just about everything for this phone is in this area.
    Note that this phone is out dated now and metro doesn’t have it anymore (almost a year now)
    If all your trying to do is change over the numbers and stuff its in The Hackers Manual.. other then that I found no program that word with this phone real well. Dont try to rediscover the wheel here.
    Not rediscovering anything here, bub.. just trying to properly flash this thing with the .bin files I have for Cricket.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    PLEASE,,, NEED HELP ASAP
    Wow! Y'all really know what you are talking about! This is very interesting information and I have been reading for a couple hours now. I have a big problem though and I am sure you can fix it for me. I have a samsung phone, the one you are talking about with the flip out messaging board, and I need to activate the bar code. The status shows as invalid and I don't know what I can do. Straight talk will not do anything for me and either will Wal-Mart. I don't have a receipt for the phone. I got it from a friend and expected it to work which has become virtually impossible. Is there a code I can enter or a way that will make the MEID# valid???? I really want the phone but can't afford 100$. Please help. Thanks so much, Jodi

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi701 View Post
    PLEASE,,, NEED HELP ASAP
    Wow! Y'all really know what you are talking about! This is very interesting information and I have been reading for a couple hours now. I have a big problem though and I am sure you can fix it for me. I have a samsung phone, the one you are talking about with the flip out messaging board, and I need to activate the bar code. The status shows as invalid and I don't know what I can do. Straight talk will not do anything for me and either will Wal-Mart. I don't have a receipt for the phone. I got it from a friend and expected it to work which has become virtually impossible. Is there a code I can enter or a way that will make the MEID# valid???? I really want the phone but can't afford 100$. Please help. Thanks so much, Jodi
    Easy fix...

Take the phone to lets say? MetroPCS or who ever your provider is and have them enter it in.

The information your asking for comes from the factory and is put into the phone to keep people from taking some ones phone and hacking it to make it there own.

The reason you will have to have them enter the number (if they can) is they will get your personal info so when that phone comes up as being HOT they can come pick you up.

There is NO way to enter that information legally without being the factory.

I'd go spend the $100 bucks and bye a new one, but I don’t know of anyone that is selling this phone anymore. Its been discontinued from Samsung about a year ago.
    Author of "Inside the Samsung R450"
    The Hackers Manual
    DOWNLOAD V3.0

Carrier(s)
    PREPAYD Wireless (Sprint MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    rashou812 - I have an R451C, which is essentially an r450, and I have succeeded in getting to the various hidden & service menus, but I can't find the option I am looking for, which is to turn off EVDO and other data protocols and make the phone go into 1X only mode, as I don't use it for data, web, etc. -- all I do on the phone is talk & text. - Putting a phone into 1X mode on most phones using the VZW network will allow the battery to last at least twice as long between charges, I have the hardware manual you put together, can you tell where in the menu hierarchy is the 1X only option?

Device(s)
    Samsung r450
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Reminder that this phone is no longer in production and any help has ended. I no longer have needed information for this phone and The hacker manual is all there is..

Simple if you dont see it.. this phone dont have it or we cant get to it.. So stop looking for it.

Chuck this old phone and upgrade to something better. best of luck to you all....

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24