Thread: "262 Update Error" when installing any ROM on CDMA HTC Diamond

Device(s)
    Rogers Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

"262 Update Error" when installing any ROM on CDMA HTC Diamond

Hello all,

I'm looking for any help at all here. I appear to be the only one having issues upgrading/customizing to a new ROM. I have the CDMA version of the Diamond and just did a hard reset (hoping it would resolve my problem). I have downloaded the Juicy 2.1 Telus ROM and once I get passed all the steps and see the percentage bar it just stays at 0% then pops up ERROR [262]: UPDATE ERROR which I've learned already is a communication error. Now I've researched this error to death, tried different usb ports, a different computer, reset my Diamond dozens of times, tried 5 different ROMS and still same message every time.

Is there anything else I can do OR any other way to install a ROM other that with the ROM Update Utility.exe??

Thanks for any help offered!

Feedback Score
    Did you CID unlock your phone?

PS. there's a whole sub forum for flashing and unlocking....

Device(s)
    Rogers Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I assumed if I have the CDMA version of the Diamond I don't have to go through the unlocking.

Or am I wrong??

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    you're wrong... you have to unlock it, period. unlocking also minimizes the risk of bricking your phone from a bad install. go to the Diamond forum at www.ppcgeeks.com for instructions on unlocking...
    cortez