Thread: Verizon V3m question(s)

Feedback Score

Verizon V3m question(s)

Help..I fried my V3m from Verizon, a clueless tech in the store replaced the phone w/another V3m. As I was playing around w/ it it paired w/ my bluetooth dongle I opened the device in the bluetooth window on the PC and OBEX was there. Very excitedly I tried to transfer music and rigtones, didn’t work,, supposedly the OBEX is for exchanging business cards or PIM info.

1.Is there a seem edit to enable full OBEX capability? Or what is this and how can I use it
    2. Do seem edits work on all V3m's no matter the age, do I need to find edits for this version of SW.FW

new at this ……thanks Mark

Under the battery…Model V3m H/W rev 0

Device(s)
    v3m NEWC_01.09.02
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    you need to figure out what the firmware is. better yet, when it comes to hacking the verizon Razr v3m, your best bet is to look at www.hacktherazr.com

its a helluva lot easier to find stuff there than to search old threads here. im not a BT user myself since i see no need to have it, but im sure if you made a thread over there, it would get a quick response.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgener
    Help..I fried my V3m from Verizon, a clueless tech in the store replaced the phone w/another V3m. As I was playing around w/ it it paired w/ my bluetooth dongle I opened the device in the bluetooth window on the PC and OBEX was there. Very excitedly I tried to transfer music and rigtones, didn’t work,, supposedly the OBEX is for exchanging business cards or PIM info.

1.Is there a seem edit to enable full OBEX capability? Or what is this and how can I use it
    2. Do seem edits work on all V3m's no matter the age, do I need to find edits for this version of SW.FW

new at this ……thanks Mark

Under the battery…Model V3m H/W rev 0
    First there is a difference between OBEX File Transfer Protocol, and OBEX Object Push Profile (OPP). (see -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/FTPOPP.htm )

Most of the newer Verizon V3M firmwares do have OBEX OPP for vCard, but do NOT not recall any Verizon V3M firmware including OBEX FTP.

For the Verizon firmwares, while they mayinclude OBEX OPP for vCard, they actually lack the profile support needed for FTP, its not disabled, so a Seem Edit can't turn it back on.

These firmwares are also limited to OPP for vCard only. This usually means no OPP for pictures, calendar entries, sounds, etc.

What S/W version does this new phone have?

There has been a leaked Vzw V3c firmware that does include OPP Vcard, and OBEX FTP -> GATW_X_01.18.05P Verizon with OBEX (on humpa.com/vzw), BUT I haven't seen the same leak for the V3M.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for getting back to me ...........

SW Version 24.1_01.19.09
    thanks again......Mark

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgener
    SW Version 24.1_01.19.09
    That firmware does not have OBEX FTP.. Only OPP for vCard...

Most likely, that phone uses an pESN/MEID rather than a traditional ESN. If that is the case, then you do NOT want to flash it with any other firmware.

Device(s)
    v3m NEWC_01.09.02
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ill second that. if the label on your battery reads something other than DEC/HEX arrangement, you dont have a flashable phone.