Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Thread: 3G for Ft Walton/Destin/Niceville

Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macintuxman
    I know this mostly covers the coast, but I bought an Air card from AT&T 2 years ago anticipating 3G in the area, and we still don't have it. Does anyone know if they are even working on North Walton County at all? When I got the Air card, I was told they were making their way down Rt 10 from Tallahassee. My 2 year contract is up in a few weeks and I'm not sure whether to hold out, or go with someone else. Other than not having 3G, the phone service has always been pretty good.
    Mac I would move along If I were you.. At&t is notoriously slow on its rollouts for 3g and Defuniak springs is not a densely populated enough area to warrant them to add 3g service their quickly.. Its just not financially feasible..

Do i think you will get it one day? Yes.. but maybe not for 5 years.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm in Defuniak as well. Seriously thinking of going to Verizon when my contract runs out because of 3g.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6, mc7455
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toneman54
    So is hspda activated? Because as I understand it's a software upgrade to get those relative speeds?
    There must be additional steps to provide us the HSDPA 7.2 bandwidth, hardlines maybe...dunno....will hit them up again in a few weeks.

Device(s)
    AT&T Tilt2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Cingular 8125: HTC-ST7377/1.59.502.3 (67150) Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I know this mostly covers the coast, but I bought an Air card from AT&T 2 years ago anticipating 3G in the area, and we still don't have it. Does anyone know if they are even working on North Walton County at all? When I got the Air card, I was told they were making their way down Rt 10 from Tallahassee. My 2 year contract is up in a few weeks and I'm not sure whether to hold out, or go with someone else. Other than not having 3G, the phone service has always been pretty good.
    Call 611 and ask AT&T, or better yet, post to AT&T's Facebook page. On Facebook, they seem to really try to give you the straight scoop (probably because it is aon open forum). Also, ask for some money back; many folks are getting data refunded due to slower than expected launch. Some guys post here with opinions when facts might be available.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone experiencing dropped calls. I don't know if they are still tweaking around. I have dropped a few calls lately. Yes I reported them with the iPhone app too. Just wondering what y'all are experiencing. But data is fantastic. I already said suck it to my verizon friends.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6555
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cool Does anyone have the AT&T Facebook URL?

I clicked on a link earlier in this feed thinking it would take me there, but it didn't work. I know DeFuniak Springs is not very populated, but I was told they were going down the major highways, and Hwy 10 goes right through DeFuniak. Thanks for the feedback though.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6, mc7455
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I clicked on a link earlier in this feed thinking it would take me there, but it didn't work. I know DeFuniak Springs is not very populated, but I was told they were going down the major highways, and Hwy 10 goes right through DeFuniak. Thanks for the feedback though.

was it this link: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...1798#topic_top

this is the one for the AT&T facebook discussions page for our area.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6555
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Cool AT&T Facebook Page

Thanks. I was able to get out there this time. I was really trying to avoid ever getting a Facebook account, but it seems like you can't get by without one any more. Hopefully I will get a straight and honest answer out there.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    What kind of speeds is everyone getting now? I have been getting horrible speeds on speedtest.

Device(s)
    Apple Iphone 6, mc7455
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toneman54
    What kind of speeds is everyone getting now? I have been getting horrible speeds on speedtest.
    This is what I just got from Bluewater area.

Last edited by cspot78; 02-22-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Device(s)
    Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well thought I would give an update on this,,,, I've had 3g for the last few days here in Defuniak Springs. Wanted to wait a bit to make sure it was on before I said anything. Decent speeds so far. Will be watching it closely.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25