Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Some nifty Storm info that deserves its own thread ('cause I say so)

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Some nifty Storm info that deserves its own thread ('cause I say so)

DISCLAIMER ***Nothing is official until Bell says it is. Everything mentioned on this website should be taken into consideration with this in mind***DISCLAIMER

Now, I did some snooping around the system at work today, and found some interesting info that wasn't there two weeks ago. (I get bored easily at work, so I snoop around a lot.)

Take a gander....

The above pics are snapshots from our database, showing all the make/models currently available on our network. Past, present, and future apparently. (As you can see, it's a long list)

Prices are also associated with them as well. There are multiple versions for the same make/models. First screen shot shows what seems to be the retail price of the Storm if/when we release it, and the second pic I imagine is the price on a 3 year term.

Purely speculation on my end, and both prices are subject to change upon release. And again, this doesn't confirm anything. We might get it before Telus, we might not. We might not get it at all. But this favours heavily towards Bell getting this device at least at some point.

What you see is all the relevant info I could find. I obviously cropped out what didn't need to be there (System info, my employee info ) So don't ask about a release date or anything that isn't listed in the pics.

Work _________________________________Blackberry 9700

Twitter: @BBMacD-Where I will tweet new info when i'm too lazy to post it! (often)
    Former Bell Dealer
    Former Bell Mobility Employee

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8830 (broken!)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

If you're right, i wanna take you out for dinner, fly you out to Vegas, i'll marry you over there and dump you the next morning. Why the dumping? Because it's Vegas.

No but seriously, thank you very much.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MacD
    Now, I did some snooping around the system at work today, and found some interesting info that wasn't there two weeks ago. (I get bored easily at work, so I snoop around a lot.)
    I thought I was the only one who did that, lol.

I found a Ontario and Quebec wide CO [Central Office] and RDSLAM [Remote DSL Access Multiplexor] roll out schedule and map in InfoNet last week.

Summary: All the residential last mile upgrade schedule.

I wonder if the Thunder can beat my impression of the 8220 I was playing with last month. That phone is mint.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy740
    I wonder if the Thunder can beat my impression of the 8220 I was playing with last month. That phone is mint.
    Not to go off topic but how's the built quality on the 8220? Solid enough? That phone is definitely going to penetrate the market. Amazing price for it's spec.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by louisxiii
    Not to go off topic but how's the built quality on the 8220? Solid enough? That phone is definitely going to penetrate the market. Amazing price for it's spec.
    I didn't have a problem with it.

It's not like my Sanyo 7050 where if someone pulls a glock out on me I'll beat the guy down the my 7050.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by louisxiii

If you're right, i wanna take you out for dinner, fly you out to Vegas, i'll marry you over there and dump you the next morning. Why the dumping? Because it's Vegas.
    That's cool man. As long as we hit the Blackjack table before we leave.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Good stuff guys, good stuff.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Carrier(s)
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MacD
    That's cool man. As long as we hit the Blackjack table before we leave.
    Start betting Sabia's severance package. He can afford it.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    yes the storm is also in telus' inventory system as well so this does not say a lot.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Not trying to compete bro.

This simply gives us (or me at least) hope that we will get the device soon. Where as up until now, all we had to go on was rumours. Like I said, this doesn't make anything official, but it's a lot better than internet rumours.

I don't care if Telus gets it before or after Bell. I just want this device.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    F***en Telus, always pissing on my parade If you want it to be a "competition", then show us some pictures, fillourenco. I'm sure some Telus subscribers on the forum want to get this bit of news anyway.

MacD was at least kind enough to provide some proof for us Bell subscribers. And take my offer for Vegas

I'm just pulling your leg, it's all in good fun.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Quote Originally Posted by fillourenco
    yes the storm is also in telus' inventory system as well so this does not say a lot.
    Careful: Your fanboy is showing.

Device(s)
    Nokia 5230
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Check out the bottom.. a 1980 PCS for $1200.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast