Thread: EDGE no longer working for T-Mobile on iPhone??

Feedback Score

EDGE no longer working for T-Mobile on iPhone??

My internet has been down for the last few days when I'm using EDGE on T-mobile with my unlocked iPhone. It won't connect to websites or download my email. My phone settings have not changed and I still have the $19.99 Internet service with T-Mobile. Anyone else having the same issue? Is there something wrong with my phone? Do I need to do some sort of reset? I have also noticed my "E" is no longer indicated on my phone. I have the EDGE network setting to wap.voicestream.com. I'm in SoCal.
    Last edited by mrtrance; 10-06-2008 at 10:22 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700, 9000
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    try internet2.voicestream.com atleast i think thats the other one, thats what i used when i used tmo.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    With the total internet plan you have to enter the "internet2.voicestream.com" apn the wap one won't work. I have not had any issues with that on mine.

Feedback Score
    Funny in that for the last year or so I had it on wap.voicestream.com with no problems. I tried the "internet2.voicestream.com" already, but it did not work either. Also, how come the "E" no longer shows up at the top of my iPhone? Any other suggestions?

Device(s)
    Luna
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    try epc.tmobile.com

Its working for me on my iphone. I am using the 5.99 tzones plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by incubus5848
    try epc.tmobile.com

It worked. I wonder why the wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com no longer work for my $19.99 account. Thanks for your help.

Device(s)
    Luna
    Carrier(s)
    TMO
    Feedback Score
    yea i had that setting too but edge was pretty slow then..i think this one works well. Glad i could help!

Feedback Score
    yea i had that setting too but edge was pretty slow then..i think this one works well. Glad i could help!
    Do you think this setting is faster? I'm noticing it to be a bit slower than wap setting. Maybe it's just where I am now. I will test it out at other spots to get a feel for the speed with this APN.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    try epc.tmobile.com

Replied for tracking purposes. Looks like sexy information!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtrance
    It worked. I wonder why the wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com no longer work for my $19.99 account. Thanks for your help.

Well it looks like the solution was short lived. I got home and EDGe is not working again even with epc.tmobile.com. It was working fine at work, but now nothing connects again. I tried changing the APN again, but didn't work. Is there something wrong on TMobiles end or what since all this time the wap.voicestream.com worked perfectly. Now the E is gone again. Anyone else having this issue in SoCal?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well I'm fully ported and internet ready on my iphone. Using the epc.tmobile.com w/the $19.99 plan. All is good in the hood!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L Bo
    Well I'm fully ported and internet ready on my iphone. Using the epc.tmobile.com w/the $19.99 plan. All is good in the hood!
    Well I had removed my sim card and then changed the APN to "internet2.voicestream.com" and it worked for a few minutes before crapping out. So I switched it back to "epc.tmobile.com" and nothing changed plus the "E" icon disappeared. But like after a few minutes it started to work again and I received email using the "epc.tmobile.com." It just seem to work for a few and then go down. I wonder if it has anything to do with the hack on the iphone or the something wrong with my sim card (i.e. too old maybe).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtrance
    Well I had removed my sim card and then changed the APN to "internet2.voicestream.com" and it worked for a few minutes before crapping out. So I switched it back to "epc.tmobile.com" and nothing changed plus the "E" icon disappeared. But like after a few minutes it started to work again and I received email using the "epc.tmobile.com." It just seem to work for a few and then go down. I wonder if it has anything to do with the hack on the iphone or the something wrong with my sim card (i.e. too old maybe).
    Maybe your iPhone doesnt like you anymore.

Sounds like the begininng of a nasty breakup. Dont let it get the kids!!

Device(s)
    Motorola v600
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    this is my first post from my freshly unlocked iPhone

Wanted to suggest whoever is having a hard time getting the apn to work should make sure they power the phone off and on

Device(s)
    Motorola v600
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Update:

I ended up with the same problem as everyone else... Rebooting wouldn't help...

Go to 'Settings' > 'General' > 'Reset' > 'Reset Network Settings'

This will Shut it down and restart it with a blank APN settings.

Put in internet2.voicestream.com (leave username & password blank)

Try the internet....

If that doesn't work, repeat process and try internet3.voicestream.com (this one can solve VPN issues)