Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Sway U650 Release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    its alright so far, but im having a problem with texting. its REALLYYY slow. it will be words behind me sometimes. it might have to go back..
    My Feedback!
    1000 posts on July 4th 2007 at 3:06am est

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopeke
    its REALLYYY slow. it will be words behind me sometimes. it might have to go back..
    My, my, my. Is it for real? How fast do you TXT?

Also, can anybody comment on the MP# player part (and stereo bluetooth)?
    This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.

Device(s)
    Samsung U650
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mgreensc
    I have two questions - actually three!
    1. Hows the speaker phone feature?
    I'm not really a power speaker phone user. I typically break out in a fit of turrets when I realized someone has me on speaker. ; )

I did a little test though while one of the kids was in the tub. I had the exhaust fan on and made a call or two and the speaker was loud enough that I didn't have any trouble understanding what was being said.

2. Hows the voice dialing feature? Easy to use? Quick connect? Or is it like other Samsung's you have to jump through hoops and go around the world to get the job done?
    I've never owned another samsung so I can't really say. Voice dialing was simple enough with no programming needed. Just state call <person> <which number> ie: "Call Joe Mobile" and it would confirm and then dial. I found it to be pretty close to Microsoft's Voice Command that I have on my xv6700. I did find it to function better than my wife's Motorola w755.

3. Guess you will need to try this one at night. How bright is the display? Not to be able to read it - to use it as a flashlight? That sounds strange - but I use my current Moto E815 as a "light" to see how to get into my house at night and how to navigate the hall and bedroom when everyone is asleep. It does quite nicely. So I am wanting one just as good to light my way! LoL

Thanks!
    LOL, not strange at all as I do the same thing at night when locking up the house and heading to bed or when I have to head out to the PC when I'm on call. The phone is pretty bright and works well as a flashlight. It was as bright as the HTC 8125 that I have to carry from time to time at work.

I'll add that it paired up well with my Jawbone and appears to function better than it did with my xv6700. Much louder in my ear and I'll have to give it the crowd or open car windows test this week.

Hope that helped.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexio
    My, my, my. Is it for real? How fast do you TXT?

Also, can anybody comment on the MP# player part (and stereo bluetooth)?
    pretty fast. with t9. i ended up returning the phone because it would be so far behind and miss words and stuff.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    this is really sad to hear. I was looking forward to this phone. It seemed like it could've been a great replacement option for my glyde (if they let me finally exchange it for a different phone). But the texting thing would bug me to no end. I'm a relatively fast texter with T9 also, and I haven't that problem since my first cell phone (an old pre-sony Ericsson phone).

If that's the case, I guess i'll have to look elsewhere for a possible replacement, even though I love the design & form factor of the Sway. I am waiting to see one in a store to play with though. How fast the texting is on a phone is always something I test out first (usually, how easy/difficult it is to text on a given phone's keypad).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a random question for the couple people who already have this phone:

Can you send yourself a message with an mp3 attached and save it as a ringtone? Or does it really ONLY support polyphonic ringtones?

I love this ability with my phone (and numerous other verizon phones).

Device(s)
    Motorola Z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question Sway in any stores yet?

My wife & I stopped by our Verizon store today to check out the phones ... I've been looking at Moto VU30 and the Samsung Sway reviews, and wanted to see the actual phones. The rep told me that they didn't have either of them in stock yet, but did have a demo of each unit. He brought them out so that I could actually hold them. Based on the reviews, I was leaning more toward the VU30, but after seeing them "in person," I'm more inclined to go with the Sway. Has the Sway made it into any of your stores? If so have any of you actually purchased the phone yet? I have heard a few good comments, but would like to hear from those of you who have the phone and can share your experiences with it. (The rep reminded me that I could order the phone online, but I told him I'd rather buy it at the store, so that if I had to return it for any reason, it would be less trouble.)

Device(s)
    Moto V325, LG VX5200
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexio
    Somewhat of a general question. I'd like to get this one to use on my ancient AC plan. I have a Web 2.0 add-on on top of my plan. Does anybody knows if e-mail can be used on this phone (this type of phones) with no additional fees/subscriptions (i.e. just by using airtime?). All thoughts are appreciated.
    mobile gmail can be accessed through the internal wap browser.... i have pop3 accounts that don't support WAP webmail but i forward and send mail through gmail so it works great.

for what it's worth on the text messages, it wasn't so laggy for me that it would drop letters, even on multitap. for anyone that remember the razr maxx ve or the early v325 firmwares... now *those* were laggy

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Can anyone else confirm this phone has a texting delay? Cause I'm pretty fast and that would drive me nuts. But I was looking to purchase this phone

Device(s)
    Moto Z6C (his)
    Feedback Score
    I can confirm this phone has a texting delay. It's most noticeable when erasing one or more letters, but still shows up when typing. It's not enough for me to send back the phone (I'm not a power texter), but I'm hoping a future software release fixes this. Otherwise, my review of this phone is totally positive. Decent selection of ringers, good feel in the hand, great call quality. I'm having issues getting the battery to hold a charge though. Might be because it's new and has to go through a few charge cycles? I hope to check the music playback out this week, as I use my phones for MP3 playback at the gym, etc. The screen is also amazingly crisp and bright, with a couple different color settings. The default one is most appealing to me though.

Device(s)
    Motorola Z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation SAR ratings for the Sway

From the Phone Details section of Verizon's description of the Sway:

SAR: Head – 1.28 w/kg, Body – 1.19 w/kg

It may not be a real issue, but do these figures seem high, especially compared to some of the other phones available?

Device(s)
    Palm Prē
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon
    I can confirm this phone has a texting delay. It's most noticeable when erasing one or more letters, but still shows up when typing. It's not enough for me to send back the phone (I'm not a power texter), but I'm hoping a future software release fixes this. Otherwise, my review of this phone is totally positive. Decent selection of ringers, good feel in the hand, great call quality. I'm having issues getting the battery to hold a charge though. Might be because it's new and has to go through a few charge cycles? I hope to check the music playback out this week, as I use my phones for MP3 playback at the gym, etc. The screen is also amazingly crisp and bright, with a couple different color settings. The default one is most appealing to me though.
    I just picked up this phone today. Works well! I can also confirm the texting is a bit slow, but not unusably so. This phone has a builtin firmware update function so I'm hoping that Verizon and Samsung will make good use of this feature to fix this issue.

MP3 playback works for me if I drop standard MP3 files into the MY_MUSIC folder on a MiniSD card. Unfortunetly these files can't be used as ringtones limiting the use of this function for me.

I've also yet to get BT serial to work with my computer or Samsung PC Studio. I might have to get a USB cable to try instead.

So far I've found that I do like this phone and I really hope I can get the ringtone stuff figured out!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DittoBox
    I just picked up this phone today. Works well! I can also confirm the texting is a bit slow, but not unusably so. This phone has a builtin firmware update function so I'm hoping that Verizon and Samsung will make good use of this feature to fix this issue.

MP3 playback works for me if I drop standard MP3 files into the MY_MUSIC folder on a MiniSD card. Unfortunetly these files can't be used as ringtones limiting the use of this function for me.

I've also yet to get BT serial to work with my computer or Samsung PC Studio. I might have to get a USB cable to try instead.

So far I've found that I do like this phone and I really hope I can get the ringtone stuff figured out!!
    Did you get it from a store? I'd really like to be able to check it out in person somewhere. Also, once you figure it out, can you confirm if you can email youself an mp3 (via <your number>@vzwpix.com) and save it as a ringtone? I love that feature on my current phone and it would be a bummer to lose it.

Device(s)
    Palm Prē
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drocpsu
    Did you get it from a store? I'd really like to be able to check it out in person somewhere. Also, once you figure it out, can you confirm if you can email youself an mp3 (via <your number>@vzwpix.com) and save it as a ringtone? I love that feature on my current phone and it would be a bummer to lose it.
    Does it recompress the mp3 though? I can certainly give it a try if you'd like.

Device(s)
    Moto Z6C (his)
    Feedback Score
    I was able to send myself an MP3 file to myn[email protected] and save it as a ringtone no problem.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast