Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Could the storm be activated on alltel?

Device(s)
    RAZR ve20 (licorice)
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score

Could the storm be activated on alltel?

Would the upcoming storm, if I bought one at retail from Verizon, be able to activate on a smart choice alltel plan. I know that verizon phones can be activated on alltel but not sure about blackberrys.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone (Jailbroken of course)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddD81
    Would the upcoming storm, if I bought one at retail from Verizon, be able to activate on a smart choice alltel plan. I know that verizon phones can be activated on alltel but not sure about blackberrys.
    I am not an expert and may be wrong, but I doubt it. The Storm will be exclusive to Verizon for at least a year (I believe).

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No.

Do you have any idea how difficult (Impossible?) it is to re-program a BlackBerry for another (CDMA) carrier?

Device(s)
    BB 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Alltel)
    Feedback Score
    But, alas, we may be Verizon in just a few short months....
    DM 5.0.1
    BB 9630 OS 4.7.1.61

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moto-nebraska
    But, alas, we may be Verizon in just a few short months....
    I do wonder how that would work though. Still doubt that would allow the storm to work with Alltel.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i imagine that you would be able to use it for calling and texting with no problem. personally, i would disable the data function of the blackberry but everything else (read: texting and calling) should work contrary to what everyone else is saying

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i got a non alltel curve fully working on the alltel network so i imagine the storm wouldn't be much different difficult perhaps but possible.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q9c
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by milldog
    i got a non alltel curve fully working on the alltel network so i imagine the storm wouldn't be much different difficult perhaps but possible.
    can you explain how you did this

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The merger may change this but I see two unique differences with your curve and the storm. First off Alltel does not carry the phone at all where they do carry the curve. Second is the exclusive ageement with Verizon. Possible to get phone service but I really doubt full storm activation will slip through the cracks otherwise there goes all exclusive ageements. At some point Alltel would catch on or be told that they better catch on. I am hoping the merger fixes all this

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs31
    I am hoping the merger fixes all this
    Or better yet, how bout some legislation to end the lock-down of equipment to certain providers. That would fix it.
    If I say something stupid, I'm

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'll tell you pretty much how i did it i got the spc changed it, flashed alltel prl, changed some settings in the programming menu to reflect what my pearl had sid etc.. then called alltel and had them activate it as a "alltel" curve i bought off ebay...the main problem was that the blackberry number wasn't in their database but the tech figured out a way around it by adding it and they pushed service books and everything all the alltel data stuff works and everything. I think the storm could possibly be done the same way just tell them its a curve, they have no way of knowing becuase theyll activate any esn and as long as the blackberry ID # isnt locked i think it could be done. I'm no expert or anything i just believe it to be possible.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm2 9550
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel (Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    So anybody figured this out yet?

Device(s)
    Current:Bold 9650
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I'll tell you pretty much how i did it i got the spc changed it, flashed alltel prl, changed some settings in the programming menu to reflect what my pearl had sid etc.. then called alltel and had them activate it as a "alltel" curve i bought off ebay...the main problem was that the blackberry number wasn't in their database but the tech figured out a way around it by adding it and they pushed service books and everything all the alltel data stuff works and everything. I think the storm could possibly be done the same way just tell them its a curve, they have no way of knowing becuase theyll activate any esn and as long as the blackberry ID # isnt locked i think it could be done. I'm no expert or anything i just believe it to be possible.

The service books are the key. If you can get them either pushed or downloaded OTA it should work. There are a few people over in the RIM forum that have unlocked Storms and are using them on AT&T and T-Mo. Same thing for them--they used the service books from their carrier's Curve and everything works(according to the poster, anyway).
    This confusion can easily be avoided if you pronounce the word intended aloud. If it has a voiced Z sound, then it’s “lose.” If it has a hissy S sound, then it’s “loose.” Here are examples of correct usage: “He tends to lose his keys.” “She lets her dog run loose.”

Loose
    not rigidly fastened or securely attached

Lose
    to miss from one's possession or from a customary or supposed place

Also, just because a word has an "s" at the end, doesn't mean it needs an apostrophe.

Device(s)
    curve
    Carrier(s)
    alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mick662
    There are a few people over in the RIM forum that have unlocked Storms and are using them on AT&T and T-Mo. Same thing for them--they used the service books from their carrier's Curve and everything works(according to the poster, anyway).
    I'm no phone expert at all, but I thought the difference between CDMA and GSM was hardware(radios) not software. How are they using a CDMA Storm on a GSM network?

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistereduse
    I'm no phone expert at all, but I thought the difference between CDMA and GSM was hardware(radios) not software. How are they using a CDMA Storm on a GSM network?
    The Storm has both CDMA and GSM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast