Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: iPhones and hacking them with different firmwares

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @racerinlsl, Yes you can do that but i believe you can also just restore to 2.2 through itunes
    @real, Have you tried re-installing itunes and quickpwn? maybe that is the problem, itunes definetly should not be having any problems like that
    Mopar ftw!!! NYLX

Feedback Score
    I just ordered a 3G refurbished phone from ATT. Should my method (choice of weapon) of jailbreaking depend on the baseband / software version it came with?
    What is the most standard/ safest way of jailbreaking?
    How do I back up the software of the iphone? (in my research it seems like people are backing up their software ?)
    Thank you guys...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    For the iphone software, you can just download a copy from iphone-hacks.com you can use the latest version of quickpwn if your on 2.2 and want to jailbreak. But if you want to update to 2.2 but also want to preserve the baseband you can use pwnage tool. As of now quickpwn is the safest way to jailbreak

Feedback Score
    just for clarification - as I have been out of this scene for a long time.

I dont' want to unlock but just want to be able to use the iphone on my att plan with my current SIM card and current MEW1 (media works) plan.

With this in mind what I want is jailbreak or jailbreak + activation?

Thank you guys...

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You want to jailbreak and activate

Feedback Score
    i just got a brand new iphone 2g from the apple store that is version 2.2 and firmware 04.05.04_G. i exchanged my old iphone because it had a portion of the screen that wasnt working. i currently have the iphone 3g and i wanted to jailbreak and unlock this 2g iphone for my girlfriend so she could use it for tmobile. how would i go about doing this? i've read around and looked at different guides but it gets so confusing with all the different things and information on the site. i will be doing this on a mac osx. can anyone help?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G - 8GB - 3.x - JB, Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Here's the basic stuff (so you know what to search for):

-Download and run QuickPwn from the Dev Team blog to Jailbreak the iPhone (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/search/quickpwn+download) - instructions are also on the blog.
    -If you need the firmware, you can get that from here: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    -You might need the BootLoader files as well (you should be able to Google for those)

So basically, just run the program and follow the instructions.

NOTE: If you're Mac is running 10.5.6, you will need to connect your iPhone through a USB hub (rather than directly), because Apple has made it so that an iPhone in DFU mode cannot be recognized (it's part of the jailbreak process). Stay away from any of the kextcache hacks, they can mess up your computer.

After Jailbreaking, go to Cydia (it's the third party application program), add the source for yellowsn0w, and then run yellowsn0w. It is the program that will unlock your iPhone and allow it to be used on Tmobile (disable 3G before doing so though). Information on yellowsn0w, and all the instructions, are at http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    @edge He is unlocking his 2g iphone not 3g iphone
    @onenvdaznboi Forget about yellowsn0w, when you are in quickpwn, choose the option to unlock the phone as well, but do not replace the boot logos. Once quikpwn does its thing, it should be jailbroken and unlocked, then just pop the tmobile sim in and your are set. Yellowsn0w is only for 3g iphones but you clearly unlocking the 2g

Device(s)
    Nexus One - Google Phone
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hey pryncearif,

I have an ORIGINAL 1.0.2 firmware running on my iPhone (I know, I know) and installer has crapped out on me.

How do I go about upgrading to 1.1.4?
    Hardeep Sidhu - REALTOR

Skynet Realty Inc.
    905-455-0123
    www.skynetrealty.com

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYNET REALTY
    Hey pryncearif,

I have an ORIGINAL 1.0.2 firmware running on my iPhone (I know, I know) and installer has crapped out on me.

How do I go about upgrading to 1.1.4?
    You want to download the 1.1.4 firmware, you can google it, and once you have it connect your phone to itunes and when the phone menu comes up hold the shift button and click on restore and select the 1.1.4 firmware that you downloaded and let itunes do its thing then, download iliberty+ you can google that too and open it up and select the following options: install cydia, installer, and unlock iphone and then hit go for it and its should do it for you and you will be set, maybe you need check off bypass/fake activation if it still gives you the slide to emergency. If you have a hard time finding the stuff, go to iphone-hacks.com

Feedback Score
    I have an issue with a 2g 8gb iphone similar to edge...

I bought it locked, went to a guy that said he could do it... Luckily he only JB'd without bricking it, did not know what he was doing because he did not unlock it. When I put my sim card it goes into the connect to itunes mode.

It is firmware 2.2.1 (5H11) and modem firmware 04.05.04_G I need help on unlocking. Currently my laptop is in the shop...

Thanks

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    go into cydia and download bootneuter and use that to unlock the 2g

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G - 8GB - 3.x - JB, Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pryncearif
    @edge He is unlocking his 2g iphone not 3g iphone
    @onenvdaznboi Forget about yellowsn0w, when you are in quickpwn, choose the option to unlock the phone as well, but do not replace the boot logos. Once quikpwn does its thing, it should be jailbroken and unlocked, then just pop the tmobile sim in and your are set. Yellowsn0w is only for 3g iphones but you clearly unlocking the 2g
    Sorry for the weird answer - that response was for another question. I actually haven't responded to this thread, the mods must have merged other threads together. Good practice, but some confusion can be had (like for this one).

Feedback Score
    bootneuter, just search for it right?... I'll try it when I get home

I've tried to download something from cydia before but I get no "winterboard" to install...

any help on that would be appreciated...

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    Update,

I downloaded Bootneuter, tried to run it, first error message said "you must chande auto-lock feature in Settings>General. Did that then another message said:

Comm error message.

In both instances the phone has frozen... any ideas on what to do next?....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast