Thread: Nokia E71 Memory Full Error

Feedback Score

Nokia E71 Memory Full Error

Can someone help me!

My E71 will not let me change any of the settings in the "Settings" folder. As soon as I open the "Settings" folder a error message pops up saying "Memory full!". Here is the strange thing, I have 106 mb free of memory on the phone. What is happening I did a complete hard reset once and now the same problem has re-occured. The rest of the phone is working fine just can not access the "Settings" folder.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2 - next up Nokia N900!
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    I've had this problem a few weeks ago, but in my case a simple soft reset fixed the problem.

Maybe a bad application (or theme) is causing this problem with your E71?

Good luck!
    RayanMX

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    T-mo
    Feedback Score
    i got the same error once, i just turned it off and powered back up

Feedback Score
    I have soft and hard reset at least 3 times and still am having the same issue. I have restarted my phone countless times and still the same problem will not go away. How do I reinstall the operating system? Is this possible to do on my own?

Feedback Score
    How are you hard resetting? 3 finger method or the *# code?

Feedback Score

E71 Memory Full

I have tried *#7780# - Restore factory settings to reset all the settings to the default and *#7370# to Reformat my phone. I also did the "3 finger" method, hold down green key and 3 & * while powering on. (Is this the 3 finger salute people mean?) None of these have helped. Very frustrating. Any more ideas?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2 - next up Nokia N900!
    Carrier(s)
    Telcel
    Feedback Score
    Are you using an expansion card?

I use an 8 GB expansion card and oftentimes it causes problems.

I simply eject the card, soft reset and then re-insert the card again.

Or worst case scenario, work without the card and see if the phone works as it should. If it does then it's time to reformat the card and the phone and start over.

Cheers!
    RayanMX
    "You think you're cool because you buy a $500 phone with a picture of a fruit on it. Well guess what? They cost 8 bucks to make and I pee on every one!" - Bart Simpson dubbing Steve Mobs

Feedback Score

memory full on e71

Had the same problem, cleared cache, old texts, etc. to no avail. I then realized when it sync with my email account, I had 954 deleted emails still in trash-that is what filled up phone memory. Deleted trash from my email account, synced again, no more memory full. Yea!

Quote Originally Posted by TZS View Post
    Can someone help me!

My E71 will not let me change any of the settings in the "Settings" folder. As soon as I open the "Settings" folder a error message pops up saying "Memory full!". Here is the strange thing, I have 106 mb free of memory on the phone. What is happening I did a complete hard reset once and now the same problem has re-occured. The rest of the phone is working fine just can not access the "Settings" folder.

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Go to the main menu for messaging. Select options, choose settings, select other. Change the number of saved messages to 999 & change the memory in use to your microSD card.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Feedback Score
    Did you try removing your MicroSD card?? This might be referring to your RAM memory which is quite low already and if you are using any programs that consume high memory, you should turn them off.
    Alternatively, try upgrading your firmware by using Nokia Software Updater, I have had many issues on my N73 including Low Memory issues, but things worked well usually after a hard reset. A firmware upgrade made my phone a bit faster too. Keep trying, it shouldn't be a big issue.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I ran into this repeatedly on my Nokia E5 recently.

Not sure if it applies to your Nokia E71.

But found out online there is an email log that does not erase automatically & fills up your phone internal memory.
    The fix was to erase this log.
    On my E5:
    Menu
    Office
    File Manager
    Phone Memory
    logs
    Eng
    Ods
    Options
    Mark All
    Delete

NOTE: Best do this when you don't need your phone or emails.
    & have it plugged in or a fresh battery...as it took about 5 hours to delete it all.
    I had to delete about 20,000 files in my log.