Thread: activation without itunes

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score

activation without itunes

hey i just picked up an iphone 3g from someone on craigslist and wanna use it on T mobile the phone is not activated it shows the connect to itunes on the screen I think there is a way to skip itunes activation and use the phone with tmobile how would i go about this? any help would b great

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    ?? bump ?? anyone

Device(s)
    IFONE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    u cant u need atleast a at&t account to activate it then u could use turbo sim after but without activation is useless

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    so basically the phone i have is useless?? I have a friend with att service can i pop his sim in to activate the phone then take it out and then use turbo sim?

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    OK what I plan on doing with the phone is having a friend who is on an att contract with an iphone 3g come by pop his sim out of his phone and put in mine, activate my phone on itunes with his sim in my phone then take his sim out and giive it back to him so he can use in his phone and my phone will be active and I will be able to use my iphone 3g on t mobile by way of sim unlock does this seem in order?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Won't that make your friend extend his contract for 2 years and put him on an iphone data plan?

I think if you just jailbreak the phone, it'll allow you to activate the phone. Then you'd need a turbosim to unlock it fot T-mo.

Please correct me if I"m wrong guys.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3g 16 GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just unlock it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 16gig 3.0 Jailbroken/unlocked.
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile unlimited everything.
    Feedback Score
    Use quickpwn to jailbreak/activate the phone then us a turbo-sim to "unlock". There is no software unlock for the iPhone 3g.
    Better to use a Mac and be thought a fool than to use Windoze and remove all doubt.

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderMac
    Use quickpwn to jailbreak/activate the phone then us a turbo-sim to "unlock". There is no software unlock for the iPhone 3g.
    i tried a few times and no luck so i figured i could just use my friends sim to get the phone activated then pop in my turbo sim

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelde96st
    u cant u need atleast a at&t account to activate it then u could use turbo sim after but without activation is useless
    You are wrong you do not need to activate it on itunes with at&t, people already posted that you just need to jailbreak and activate the phone using a hacking program like winpwn or quickpwn
    Mopar ftw!!! NYLX

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    tmobile
    Feedback Score
    can anyone let me know how to activate and jailbreak?? I have pwnage tools but im not sure how to use them it makes me place the phone in DFU mode and restore in itunes but then nothing happens the screen remains the same any help would be apreciated

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    use quickpwn and download the latest version along with the 2.1 firmware for the 3g iPhone. Trust me there is a difference between the 2g and 3g iPhone firmware. Quickpwn tells you how to put the phone in dfu mode. It's not too hard to jailbreak the phone.