Thread: Dropped my Tilt in the Toilet

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Dropped my Tilt in the Toilet

Useless thread but I am pissed and don't know where else to post it. I dropped my Tilt in the toilet while taking a piss (luckily there was no ****). I dryed it down right away and and am leaving it out to dry. I don't think there is any hope because it has been 2 days now and it still won't turn on. What a waste.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.4 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, at least the Tilt was in it's rightful place for a moment until you retrieved it!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    Useless thread but I am pissed and don't know where else to post it. I dropped my Tilt in the toilet while taking a piss (luckily there was no ****). I dryed it down right away and and am leaving it out to dry. I don't think there is any hope because it has been 2 days now and it still won't turn on. What a waste.
    Man, sorry to hear Camp. That sucks. I lost my Qtek S200 to the washer and dryer a few years ago so I know exactly how you feel. FWIW, since that day I have always kept my top two phones added to my Personal Articles Policy with my insurance agent for very little money. For example, I now have my Diamond and Treo Pro fully covered for $15/year total.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by f1restarter
    Well, at least the Tilt was in it's rightful place for a moment until you retrieved it!
    LOL .

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nextel1996
    Man, sorry to hear Camp. That sucks. I lost my Qtek S200 to the washer and dryer a few years ago so I know exactly how you feel. FWIW, since that day I have always kept my top two phones added to my Personal Articles Policy with my insurance agent for very little money. For example, I now have my Diamond and Treo Pro fully covered for $15/year total.
    That's a good idea actually, thanks. I will definitely do that from now on.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp
    The EXACT thign happened to my Tilt. It gave me an excuse to upgrade to the TyTn II
    From the HTC Magician to the One X, I'm one of the HTC OG's.

Device(s)
    ATT Skyrocket
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This happend to my first Motorolo text pager I got from IBM in 1996. My belt dropped down, and the holster and everying went sliding down the belt and right on in.

I called into the provider for a replacement...
    "What happened to your pager?"
    "It got wet"
    "Was it just dropped in water?"
    "It got wet"
    "What did you drop it into?"
    "It got wet"

... and so on for a few more rounds...

Eventually they got it. Eventually a replacement showed up and interestingly enough, they did not want me to return the original....

When I got my first cell phone, and every phone since, I made sure I got a clip or case that had a "death grip" clip. It ends up marking the belts up, but belts seem to be cheaper than a Tilt.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My wife actually FLUSHED a phone about 2 years ago. We had to pull the toilet up and get in from the back to get it out.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The worst I lost in the crapper was a Stylus. It was a Kjam and their notorious weak stylus silo, so it was going to happen sooner or later....

Thank goodness you get two styli with purchase.

cheers//dom
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Please click on a sponsor to keep the forums alive...

Device(s)
    ★☎₪ Blackberry PRIV™ ₪☎★
    Carrier(s)
    ¤º«★ Bell Mobility ★»º¤
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Not sure if this thread would have helped HOW TO: Fixing Cell phones Dropped Into Water
    氣功