Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: LG Dare ESN MEID Repair file?

Feedback Score

Exclamation LG Dare ESN MEID Repair file?

I have a Dare that's showing an ESN, but the MEID is "not available" I'm guessing the MEID nvm file must have been corrupted or deleted. The pESN still shows up within the phone. Does anyone know the location of the sys.meid or nvm file that contains the MEID?? I want to repair it as the phone shows SERVICE REQUIRED. Any help or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Feedback Score

Hello

You Can Write Prl File Should Bee Alright

Feedback Score
    I wish that were true, but the same symptoms, I tried reading the MEID with CDMA workshop, something about unable to read/open MEID file, but the ESN HEX reads fine. If I recall correctly, they're stored in separate locations.
    Last edited by tonycortes; 11-04-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: sp

Feedback Score
    Corporate stores can replace this device under a manufacturer's warranty. Act dumb and say you don't know what happened.

Feedback Score
    I'm considering suggesting that option to the owner, but I don't think that will go well =\

I did make progress today, SERVICE REQUIRED is gone, reception is back, but ESN is ZERO, I tried writing ESN through memory in CDMA Workshop but it says read only, did the nv edit, typed the unlock code, same result, can't write to it, can read with memory read.

Feedback Score
    I think the MEID information is stored in the EEPROM. You can't access that without the proper equipment. (Usually VERY expensive and only LG can do that in their phones). Bringing it back to the Verizon store is the only option.

Feedback Score
    I placed the phone in FTM mode, did it a master clear, reboot, wrote prl, went to zero's, there has to be a software method. I worked on another DARE that had a modified ESN (pESN) using CDMA Workshop

Feedback Score
    You COULD use CDMA Workshop, but I'm not sure if it would work.. doesn't hurt to try though. Can help other people if you post your results. Did you set the MEID/ESN write mode to LG? I think the default is Universal.

EDIT: Just found out that v3.2.6 of CDMA Workshop may be required to write ESN/MEID's to newer model phones.

Feedback Score
    GREAT NEWS!!! after countless hours on this phone, I have an MEID/ESN solution... CDMA Workshop is not required

Feedback Score
    Would you care to explain? (Or you can tell me via PM) =]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ParthG
    Would you care to explain? (Or you can tell me via PM) =]
    i'll PM you when i get my notes together =)

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3c
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Please PM me the results too. My LG Dare just randomly displayed "Service Required" today too and would like to be able to fix it without having to go to a verizon store.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Please check the Cricket forum and post your solution there also.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Feedback Score
    Technically he can't post it publicly because modifying the ESN/MEID in anyway is illegal. (Despite it being a totally valid reason).

Device(s)
    LG 9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tonycortes
    i'll PM you when i get my notes together =)
    I was replacing the LCD screen and had my envy 9900 apart. Now the phone says service required and my esn went to all zeros. Can you PM me the imfo about resetting the esn thanks.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast