Thread: W755 ( i need to back up my text messages)

Feedback Score

W755 ( i need to back up my text messages)

Hi,
    Im new to the forum, and i could really use some help.

I have searched and searched but cant find an answer to my question.

I have the motorola w755 and i want to back up my saved text messages to my pc.

I can access the folders on the phone with p2k commander and the msu.... but dont know where to look for the saved text.

Bitpim does not reconigze my phone... nor does phone tools.

Any help would be amazing

Thanks agian,

charles4308

Feedback Score
    I'm also interested in where the text message files are saved. I can access many files including ringtones, wallpapers, and so forth through P2KCommander with MSU as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alizais View Post
    I'm also interested in where the text message files are saved. I can access many files including ringtones, wallpapers, and so forth through P2KCommander with MSU as well.
    I am interested as well. I have a Motorola W755 and I can get my ringtones and pictures from A:\brew\mods\ .. ..

But nowhere can I find the SMS message database on the phone. I can access some, randomly, with Motorola Phone tools but the list is incomplete so I can not back them all up. Motorola Phone Tools does backup my calendar and phone book though.

Does anybody know how to fully back up my SMS inbox, drafts and sent folders?

PS: Contrary to what is shown below my username, I like big screens. That's why I have such an old cell phone + a nice big gaming laptop I take everywhere