Thread: Java Loader - Possible to run java programs from a java app?

Feedback Score

Java Loader - Possible to run java programs from a java app?

Hey,

I am able to install java apps on my phone (LG9100 Keybo) using BitPim. This phone uses Brew, so I can replace one of the included apps (Music player or Navigator) with whatever java app I want to use. This works perfectly, but it only allows me to put on two apps. I could modify the content info file, but this is a pain when adding/removing programs.

Has anyone ever seen a java app loader program for a phone that lets you run other java apps from within it? I have found lots of file explorer apps, but nothing that actually lets you open a jar or jad file. The file explorers let a person edit, compress, copy, move, etc files, but not actually open them.

What I'd really like to be able to do is install a java app loader on the phone, then put games, apps, etc on the sd card, and load them using the app. I just can't find a java app loader anywhere.

Has anyone seen one, know if they exist or know if it's possible?

Thanks,

Luke
    Last edited by hlukeh; 11-14-2008 at 11:39 PM. Reason: More info

Feedback Score

Loader Doesn't Exist

It must not be possible to run java files from within java. I haven't even been able to find java documentation on this in the JDK... Sad

Feedback Score
    hlukeh,

I was wondering how you were able to get the Keybo recognized my BitPim?
    Can you let your trick out please

I'm trying to load my own ringtones on the phone and so far it's not working.

Thanks!

Feedback Score

Keybo recognition

Plug the phone into computer via USB cable.

When phone shows message about being used as a USB device select NO.

Go into Bitpim and choose VX9100 (I think)... I don't have the phone here, but I'm pretty sure that the phone is in the list. I think it says (env2) as well.

Luke

Device(s)
    lg env2 vx9100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Basically you are talking about a J2ME emulator? Sounds cool, I'd like to find some way to do that too!

Feedback Score

J2ME Emulator

Yeah, that sounds perfect. I've never thought of searching for a J2ME emulator, so hopefully I'll have some luck!

Device(s)
    lg env2 vx9100
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hlukeh
    Yeah, that sounds perfect. I've never thought of searching for a J2ME emulator, so hopefully I'll have some luck!
    Any luck with this? Sounded like a great idea as long as the phone has the processor power to handle it.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it is possible and you can run the java program with app. http://www.webdevelopmentseo.com/web...-forum-f6.html