Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Prepaid numbers show how dumb Telus is

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Prepaid numbers show how dumb Telus is

Prepaid customers are the most fickle and the easiest to lose due to low switching costs. In the last quarter they had a net loss of 18,000 customers with no "explanation".

Whoever is doing the pricing and product marketing strategy must be quite dumb.

Oh yeah - they must be - ha ha ha - charging prepaid customers for incoming SMS.

What a bunch of dummies

Feedback Score
    ^ Not necessarily lost to MVNOs or others. How many of those turn into postpaid though? I know quite a few.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    and how many switched over to koodo which is owned by telus

so you number is alot lower than it really is.
    - BYOD $60 10GB -

Feedback Score
    and at the same time.. with the offers out there with prepaid if you need a new phone.. it was much easier to just buy a new w385 and get a new number and get a 50$ startup credit.. than to bother with keeping the same number and using "my rewards"

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    im gonna throw this out there
    Who cares about prepaid?

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by killer_jb99
    Who cares about prepaid?
    alot of people. helps people with no/bad credit get a cell. low monthly charge like $10 (but their per min rate is higher so telus makes alittle extra money off them).

Feedback Score
    a little? hmm.. before the unlimited 45 came out.. im sure telus was making a KILLING on prepaid..

prepaid is a cashcow.. !

Device(s)
    Pixel 2 XL
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikieCGY
    a little? hmm.. before the unlimited 45 came out.. im sure telus was making a KILLING on prepaid..

prepaid is a cashcow.. !
    ya i love when people say "you pay that much a month!!?" cuz they buy those $10 refills but end up buying 2 or 3 a month but if they text its even more lol

they just look at the $10 they don't see all the other numbers floating around it.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (Pay & Talk)
    Feedback Score
    Who cares about prepaid?

-People like me who don't spend every minute of the day on the phone.
    -Needs to save money to pay for house. Heating bill is insane!
    -Enjoys spending money on a Buick GN instead of showing off with a crap plastic phone.

I grew up frugal so I don't live the big lifestyle like most young people these days who have to have an acura/audi and the latest cell phone.

Telus prepaid is good for me, that and I get the Roadside assistance for $40/year. Free voicemail box and I can change plans daily or monthly on MTM.com

iPhone is on Rogers with $100 365 days 1 cent eve/week-ends.

I like my prepaid Samsung A620 and my Prepaid 1st gen iPhone. LOVE the Buick GN. (selling it come summer, Fast Furious 4, easy sale!)

Device(s)
    Optimus One
    Carrier(s)
    Telus (ex-Clearnet)
    Feedback Score
    I spend a couple of minutes a month on my phone. I pay my $10/month, and have rarely exceeded that, even when I pay for web browsing and a couple of texts.

Other than getting US roaming for a couple of days a year, I don't really have any reason to switch, since it's not as if I'd be using my phone more than I do now.

That being said, I've considered getting a smartphone or bberry for the data, assuming that I could transfer my accumulated P&T credits ($350+), and that I wouldn't need to pay for a voice plan that I wouldn't really use.
    / wild fantasy

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by free_gas
    -People like me who don't spend every minute of the day on the phone.
    -Needs to save money to pay for house. Heating bill is insane!
    -Enjoys spending money on a Buick GN instead of showing off with a crap plastic phone.

I grew up frugal so I don't live the big lifestyle like most young people these days who have to have an acura/audi and the latest cell phone.

Telus prepaid is good for me, that and I get the Roadside assistance for $40/year. Free voicemail box and I can change plans daily or monthly on MTM.com

iPhone is on Rogers with $100 365 days 1 cent eve/week-ends.

I like my prepaid Samsung A620 and my Prepaid 1st gen iPhone. LOVE the Buick GN. (selling it come summer, Fast Furious 4, easy sale!)

............................... What's a Buick? And when is Telus releasing it? I wanna see a pre-launch thread!!
    Hey Twerds, Follow me on Twitter!

RIP Telus Exclusivity: March 2000-March 2009.
    FIDO was decent: March 2009-July 2011
    Helllooo Tmobile Amurrricka: July 2011-?

Dumb Phones: Sanyo SCP4000, Sanyo SCP6000, Audiovox 8100, Audiovox 8300, Samsung A630, LG TM520, Sony T206, LG 490, Nokia 6265i
    Smart Phones: Kyocera 7135, UTstarcomm 6700, Blackberry 7130e, Blackberry 8130, Blackberry 8330, Blackberry 9530, iPhone 3G 16gb
    , Blackberry Bold 9700, Tmobile G2, Samsung Galaxy S2

Device(s)
    Active: iPhone 4S (Telus), HTC Touch (Bell), BlackBerry Z10 (Rogers), Sony Xperia U (Fido)
    Carrier(s)
    Telus, Bell, Rogers, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Prepaid is very useful to many people. I used Telus for prepaid like 6 years ago because all I needed was a phone and a little sms. The only reason I went postpaid was because of additional features such as data. I still rarely use many minutes on my phone.
    Five years on HowardsForums

Device(s)
    HTC Desire
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    My Mother is the same as canoe paul....... she buys a $10 or $15 card every other month or so and usually has minutes left over (they expire).

She uses it for an emergency phone, and to confirm plans or set up exact meeting spots, etc.

I've tried to get her to switch, even saying I could pay for her to go on a shared plan with me but she wants to keep her (bell) cell phone number..... argh.

Not all prepaid customers are flighty
    It's a cell..... it's a computer.... it's.... SUPER PHONE!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630, Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Who cares about prepaid?
    Sorry to confuse people but I meant this from a business stand point..
    Telus counts every prepaid activation as a negative towards a dealership
    and also with almost the same work going into maintaining/activating a prepaid client it basically makes no business sense. personally i say leave those prepaid activations for FF/BB and wal-mart

Device(s)
    BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom 39
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by karmakarma777
    ............................... What's a Buick? And when is Telus releasing it? I wanna see a pre-launch thread!!
    noob
    buick Grand National
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buick_Grand_National

on another note. anybody looking into prepaid should try speakout. $100 gets you 1 year's expiry on minutes, lowest minute rate, and a free phone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast