Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Storm 9530 Release Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Z(+)diac
    What part of the "screen clicking/suretype feature" don't you understand? You can select or at least HIGHLIGHT options on the phone, but in order to activate the option or physically select it you have to "click" the screen...
    I don't know many power-users who would call suretype a "feature." In order to type efficiently you really do need the qwerty keyboard. I've been thinking about how it could be corrected because I do want this phone to work, but I'm not seeing it. Basically, if I could roll my finger on to and off of selections (keys or menu items) and that would register the function without physically having to click the screen, yeah that would work. And the click does work well in many places - but not where it counts, and that's in the qwerty/landscape mode.

Device(s)
    LG enV3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux
    Mine says in the "About" section of the Options tab v4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

So do I have .65 or .82? lol.
    Unfortunately you have .65.. Anyone have .82 and having a better experience?
    Before:

After:

Previous Phones: Nokia 2125i, Samsung SCH-A950, LG VX4400, LG VX6000, LG VX8000, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, LG VX9900, Motorola q9m, HTC XV6800, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830 (World Edition), Blackberry 8330 (Curve)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flux
    wait what? lol. Sorry for my ignorance, lol.
    What everyone is referring to is the first part of the line you posted:

V4.7.0.65

or, version .65

When people say they've got .82, I suspect they're referring to .65 and just confusing the build version with the platform version (4.0.0.82) so you can more or less disregard (for now) any inquiries about build .82 because they're most likely just talking about the build that you already have.

When a new version is released this place will be buzzing about it, just check back later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jes7
    It would be nice if RIM would push a future software option to turn the click to type feature on or off, giving the option to just touch to type. Seems that it's a love it or hate it feature.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks guys, appreciate it :-)

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So I think I might be the most P'ddddd off VZW customer right now!..They shipped my storm to the wrong F'n address so I have to wait until it gets there on Monay and for the people to re-send it back to VZW then I will get it shipped to me from there...Lets say I wont see this phone until the middle of next week (after thanksgiving). And on top of that i asked the Rep how much for overnight shipping so I would receive the device on Saturday and she said 14.99 it turns out that that is overnight business day shipping and since today is friday I still wouldnt get the phone until Monday. This has been a long day and then to go through this just piles on it...So i tried having it re-routed and Fedex said they dont re-route them and I would have to talk to someone at VZW, did that and they still said NO. Its their fault and they still wont take the blame...GOT TO LOVE THE CUST. SERVICE!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8330
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB
    I ordered mine online at 630AM EST and it is already on its way. I was going to order the cradle at Newegg since it is only $17 but they are out of stock.
    Not sure if it's been said but I didn't see it. The cradles got held up in customs so that's why stores/online retailers don't have them in stock yet.
    I know there's a limited amount of details about the storm so far, but anyone know if it will have wifi?
    --------
    I agree, we need to fix the economy.
    Sooo, lets give benefits and throw money at people that don't work.

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok, so here's a question for youse guys...

It's clear the stores are out of stock, but do they have demo models? I'd like to mess with one a bit before I decide to bite...

Also, I'm past my 2-year contract on my old phone, and they've been telling me I get $100 discount on a new phone-- will that apply to the storm?

--

Pix

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I am very upset about the shipping situation today. I pre-ordered my phone on TUESDAY of this week. Checked EVERY DAY and called @ 8AM this morning to DOUBLE check that my order was going to go through - called every two hours and got nowhere. At best the last call I made the CSR said I MIGHT get it Wednesday of next week.

Today's release was like a monkey ****ing a football - the only good thing they did was take another $50 off, so I started @ $149 less $50 MIR and now it's $99 with $50 MIR so in the end it's $49. I have sold my 8830 so NOW I have to go to the store and "buy" another 8830 temporarily and then return whenever I manage to get my storm. At least the last CSR called me back and will confirm my order tonight with an email.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kashabrown
    I am very upset about the shipping situation today. I pre-ordered my phone on TUESDAY of this week. Checked EVERY DAY and called @ 8AM this morning to DOUBLE check that my order was going to go through - called every two hours and got nowhere. At best the last call I made the CSR said I MIGHT get it Wednesday of next week.

Today's release was like a monkey ****ing a football - the only good thing they did was take another $50 off, so I started @ $149 less $50 MIR and now it's $99 with $50 MIR so in the end it's $49. I have sold my 8830 so NOW I have to go to the store and "buy" another 8830 temporarily and then return whenever I manage to get my storm. At least the last CSR called me back and will confirm my order tonight with an email.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!!!!!!
    OMG i did the same thing...I put my 8330 on ebay wednesday and someone bought it yesterday and paid instantly so I feel so bad that I cant ship this phone out until I receive my storm whenever that will be..I spoke with a supervisor and told her about VZW employees who need to pay more attention to the info they enter and the info the release to the consumers. Bt she didnt mention taking any money off...Guess Ill be making another ANGRY call!!..
    Thanks

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Verizon should have released these in the middle of the week...Shipping on the weekends is limited and sometimes never happens lol

Feedback Score
    Sorry if this has been posted already, but this is a review of the Storm:
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/30330

I currently have an xv6900 and have been looking hard at the Storm. In fact until a few days ago I was pretty unhappy with the 6900. But the "official" 6.1 ROM update was posted in the wild, and I installed it, along with a GPS Fix called Valhalla, and voila, I now have Rev. A speed, and GPS to work with Google maps and Live Search.

Now with the Storm: from all I've read on this thread and on another one about GPS on the Storm, it looks like BB Maps give an accurate fix but not competition like Google maps and Live Search. That's not fair. I don't know anything about how good BB maps area, but I can tell you that Live Search is awesome powerful.

Whatever....!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I know we all have our own thoughts when it comes to BGR..but...he has a pretty convincing theory on the firmware problem:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...erry-storm-os/

Device(s)
    VZW iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tsao
    Not sure if it's been said but I didn't see it. The cradles got held up in customs so that's why stores/online retailers don't have them in stock yet.
    It probably hasn't been said because it doesn't sound true. Local VZW corp store had them in stock.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_IN
    Verizon should have released these in the middle of the week...Shipping on the weekends is limited and sometimes never happens lol
    You have no idea HOW many times I called since I placed my order on Tuesday. I called every day and SIX times today!! I guess with the problems with the original OS, we are lucky having to wait a bit for the finished product. It still galls me that they freakin HYPE up the release then stick it to a loyal customer. I am still upset. I will make sure I get the MOST expensive BB that they have in the store and use it until my storm comes....

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast