Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Storm 9530 Tips & Tricks Thread

Feedback Score
    When you press the phone button, it brings up the dial pad by default. You can change that by pressing the menu key while the dial pad is displayed, then select Options > General Options. From there you can change initial view default to: Dial Pad, Call Log, Contacts, or Previous

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Since so many Storm purchasers are new to Blackberries,

By default, your Blackberry will add a signature of "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" to the bottom of every email sent from your Blackberry. If you want to change this or to delete it altogether, log into your BIS account here

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Click on Edit for each of your email addresses and you can remove or change the email autosignature.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (since 2006);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jes7
    When you press the phone button, it brings up the dial pad by default. You can change that by pressing the menu key while the dial pad is displayed, then select Options > General Options. From there you can change initial view default to: Dial Pad, Call Log, Contacts, or Previous
    You're awesome jes7.....I was missing the fact when I hit the phone button that the dial pad came up. I was used to having the call log display on my Curve...now that's resolved!
    I am no longer an employee of VZW, I left on good terms and still think VZW is the best network in the U.S. and most helpful CSR's in any industry.

God Bless our U.S. Military.

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey, I tried that page, but I have no idea what my account name or password are. My MyVerizon one does not work. I tried creating a new account, but when I entered my Storm's PIN and MEID, it said there was already an account for that device. So when I asked it to send a message to my Storm with the account password, the message said that the username and password don't exist!

What might be wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jseah
    Since so many Storm purchasers are new to Blackberries,

By default, your Blackberry will add a signature of "Sent from my Verizon Wireless Blackberry" to the bottom of every email sent from your Blackberry. If you want to change this or to delete it altogether, log into your BIS account here

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Click on Edit for each of your email addresses and you can remove or change the email autosignature.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dougbbert609
    Hey, I tried that page, but I have no idea what my account name or password are. My MyVerizon one does not work. I tried creating a new account, but when I entered my Storm's PIN and MEID, it said there was already an account for that device. So when I asked it to send a message to my Storm with the account password, the message said that the username and password don't exist!

What might be wrong?
    Same thing here but my email is woking. Must be a problem with the system?

Feedback Score

What might be wrong?

open that page on your blackberry, and you can create a username and password from there...

Device(s)
    BB Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jes7
    Thanks. Thought about returning the phone over this. Didn't feel like a blackberry, if you know what I mean...

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never mind, I figured it out! You can create your special BB web site account from the email setup page on the Storm.

Doug

What might be wrong?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here is another tip (although it isn't limited to the Storm).....

Join the Blackberry Lounge. It is hosted RIM and it is free to join at

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/ownerslounge/

You don't really benefit much as far as support goes (you can find more info on a timely basis from forums such as HoFo), but occasionally they do offer free games or discounts off of software purchases or free wallpapers. I checked yesterday and they don't have anything for either the Bold or Storm yet.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're looking for themes or wallpapers, a good source to start searching is

http://www.berryreview.com

You can find out about new themes (from pay and free sources).

Device(s)
    9xxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    EVENT LOG--> In landscape Press and Hold 123 for num lock. Then press "/"/ to bring up the event log. Press Menu and delete log. Then pull battery and you will free up a lot of memory.

Device(s)
    Storm (9530)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme
    EVENT LOG--> In landscape Press and Hold 123 for num lock. Then press "/"/ to bring up the event log. Press Menu and delete log. Then pull battery and you will free up a lot of memory.
    uh. Maybe a dumb question but I am a BB newb. What application/screen do you need to be in to do this???

Device(s)
    MOTO DROID
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme

thanks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plcdude
    uh. Maybe a dumb question but I am a BB newb. What application/screen do you need to be in to do this???
    You can access the keyboard on any screen. It worked for me by going to landscape while on the Home Screen.
    In landscape mode, BB key > Show Keyboard > Press & hold the !?123 key to enable Num lock > Press "/"/ (The event log will appear) > BB Key > Clear Log > BB Key > Close.
    Hangin out.....

Device(s)
    RIM: 9530, 8130, 7130e
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you hover you finger on a message for a second in your mailbox it will highlight and do a quick search sender.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast