Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone figure out threaded text messaging on the Storm yet?

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Anyone figure out threaded text messaging on the Storm yet?

I remember this was talked about in the pre-release thread, and some said that any Blackberry could be set up to show threaded texts, but has anyone actually figured it out on the Storm? This, quite frankly, is a major yes/no factor in me getting this phone.

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY STORM2 - 2009 - BEYOND
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i am looking at my texts from earlier today, and they look pretty threaded to me. user sends me mssg, i reply, they reply, i reply, they reply... and the entire history is below. similar to an email exchange in which when you click reply you would see the previous persons email below what you are going to write.

from what i can tell, its there.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (Personal
    Feedback Score
    it's both threaded and unthreaded I think.

In the general inbox, msgs are displayed in the order they came in / were sent. But clicking on a msg then shows the thread sequence between yourself and the recipient.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100 -Retired
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think that's definitely the best way

Feedback Score
    I personally hate the way they show texts.....this is not true threaded. threaded = conversation boxes. Meaning if I text you and you text me a million times each, i only see your name once until I click it and the whole convo pops up. It makes for organizing and finding texts MUCH easier and enjoyable. Think of instant messages, imagine if every im opened a new box but each box showed all the messages, it would suck....Really wish they would add threaded to the phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The phone has threaded text messaging, yes.

I prefer how the BlackBerry does it for the most part, some people prefer how the iPhone does it. But yes, it is threaded.

Device(s)
    Storm, iPhone, Venus, VX9900, VX8600, VX8100, e815, VX7000, VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crow216 2
    I personally hate the way they show texts.....this is not true threaded. threaded = conversation boxes. Meaning if I text you and you text me a million times each, i only see your name once until I click it and the whole convo pops up. It makes for organizing and finding texts MUCH easier and enjoyable. Think of instant messages, imagine if every im opened a new box but each box showed all the messages, it would suck....Really wish they would add threaded to the phone.
    I completely agree with you on this one.
    Love without pain isn't really romance.

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Any screenshots/pics of how it looks?

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, it's impossible to know all this by just checking out a Storm at a store because there really isn't a history of back-and-forth messages on the demo phone. This is why I visit the boards!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    In the email/messages options, you can set how many previous messages appear in the thread.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by -XIV-
    Any screenshots/pics of how it looks?

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jseah
    In the email/messages options, you can set how many previous messages appear in the thread.

I don't see that option??

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeopardy98
    I don't see that option??
    Oops.....

Go to Options
    Go to SMS Text

Then set "Number of Previous Items"

Device(s)
    Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Forever!!
    Feedback Score
    It does have threaded messages in a sense, but not in the optimal way it could be. When I saw how my friends treo threaded the sms messages, it was nice. It's basically like BB Messenger where all the sms messages are grouped under the contact. If you click on the contact, it'll show the entire history of messages with that person. Very nice! The current sms format on the BB is pretty crappy, but I'm assuming they don't care much because they offer the messenger.

Device(s)
    Motorola DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    InspecterJones

Thanks SO MUCH for that image. Yes, it's not as "pretty" as the iPhone but that's much better than not having at least somewhat of "threaded" messaging as to say what I deal with now: Voyager.

The 160 Character (to other carriers) is still enforced with the STORM, right (I'm sure because it's to do with the carrier/service NOT the device; just making sure).

If anyone of you have sent a message OVER 160 characters and SEND it, do you receive a message from VZW saying something like "Messages over 160 to Non-VZW phones will only recieve first 160...blah blah blah?"

If you RECIEVE a message that's broken up into multiple messages (from another carrier) because they exceeded the initial 160 character limit....how does it show up in your inbox (threaded) screen? Just one right after the other, or is it "connected?"

Sorry for the thread jacking just figured it's best to ask here instead of making a new thread.

Thanks for any and all help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast