Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: The Official Storm Applications OTA Thread Updated 03/14/09

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless -- ONE AND ONLY
    Feedback Score
    Please add the Memory Eye app to the list. Here is the CB link to the official thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...ry-eye-197955/

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tnt118
    If it's a .jad file, you have to open the link on the Storm itself, with browser identification set to blackberry.
    i just found this page on my blackberry and clicked on the link for the app i want and it said no app instance or something like that and booted me back to the home screen. what do i do?

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    How do I change or find the compatibility mode for starry night?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy2
    How do I change or find the compatibility mode for starry night?
    Works for any app.. Options - Advanced Options - Applications: Select app, hit BB button and select Disable Compatibility Mode.

Looks like a cool app. Here is an OTA link I found..

http://www.starrynightsupport.com/wi...tarryNight.jad

Feedback Score
    does the slider app to unlock the phone use up more battery than just using the regular lock?

Device(s)
    Razar V3c
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score

UPC look up app for BB Storm

I recently saw a app that you can use the camera funtion to take a pic of the UPC barcode and it would find or compare price on line or near you. I don't recall the site. Anyone has seen this app ?

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulises
    I recently saw a app that you can use the camera funtion to take a pic of the UPC barcode and it would find or compare price on line or near you. I don't recall the site. Anyone has seen this app ?
    This is for the g phone.

Device(s)
    Razar V3c
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    yes, Blackberry Storm 3G version

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulises
    yes, Blackberry Storm 3G version
    I think he meant for the Google Android phone (T-Mobile). There are a few apps for the Storm that do this but they don't work well and they are for 2-d barcodes not the traditional UPC tags you see in stores.
    "If you take no risks, you will suffer no defeats. But if you take no risks, you win no victories. "

Device(s)
    EVO 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSU159120
    I think he meant for the Google Android phone (T-Mobile). There are a few apps for the Storm that do this but they don't work well and they are for 2-d barcodes not the traditional UPC tags you see in stores.
    And they almost all require a bluetooth or com port scanner. Or self created inventory.

Device(s)
    A lot of them
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone noticed the AP mobile application used to be free, now costs money in the blackberry store? What gives with that?
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadTwink
    Has anyone noticed the AP mobile application used to be free, now costs money in the blackberry store? What gives with that?
    Yep! Worth the $3 to me though.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizone Wireless
    Feedback Score

Pattern Lock

I didn't see PatternLock mentioned here. It's an autolock application where you specify a finger pattern to unlock your Blackberry Storm. You can also lock while on phone calls too. I'm all about free apps but this one is only $2.99 and I love it so far.

See pics and video here. .

Device(s)
    LG enV3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

beyond 160 sms limit :)

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but it's in the main Blackberry forum. There's a new app that allows you to send more than the 160 characters that blackberry's limit you too. Anyways, you have to pay for it, and it is quite excessive, but check it out anyways. I've been using it for a couple of hours now. There are some issues, but it does what it's supposed to do.

Edit: I don't know if it's my phone or what, but it sometimes sends it in multiple parts or sometimes it just sends the first part =\.

http://crackberry.com/beyond160-cdma...s-all-you-want
    Last edited by nemadrol; 05-07-2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Before:

After:

Previous Phones: Nokia 2125i, Samsung SCH-A950, LG VX4400, LG VX6000, LG VX8000, LG VX8100, LG VX9800, LG VX9900, Motorola q9m, HTC XV6800, Blackberry 8703e, Blackberry 8830 (World Edition), Blackberry 8330 (Curve)

Device(s)
    Storm - Luvin it! :)
    Carrier(s)
    vzw - I'm back, best signal.
    Feedback Score
    TalkLock/SwipeLock - got an email last night from CellAvant (TalkLock). I had downloaded the beta when it first came out. I found it created varying side effects on my ringer volumes. That was when I was running .65 and subsequently .75. I uninstalled the program due to the varying volume side effects. I also left feedback on their web site. That feedback is probably why I received the Updated SwipeLock invite (selling for $6.99 less a $3 discount in the email for being a previous beta tester.

When I installed .122, I also decided to try ScreenLock - which has worked well but a bit of a nuisance to use the numeric keys during a call (have to use the back button to off ScreenLock and then the dialpad on-screen softkey to get the dialpad).

Saw a recent post of Mark_Venture's indicating, amongst other apps, he is using TalkLock.

so, my post is 2 fold:
    1) has anyone else using TalkLock experienced ringer volume fluctuations (from settings) while using TalkLock? If yes, what version firmware are you running?

2) post the info from the email:
    SwipeLock has all of the features of TalkLock, plus it enables you to:
    Fully-configure your settings - enter "white list" phone numbers that will not activate the screen lock, set a screen lock delay for incoming and/or outgoing calls.
    Quickly lock your whole device and unlock using a unique finger swipe pattern on the touch screen - faster and easier than typing an alphanumeric password!
    Put your device in Standby Mode to save battery and prevent screen touches and button presses.

Anyone else using the new version? What are your experiences compared to the beta TalkLock and compared to ScreenLock?

Thanks!
    "The only stupid consumer is the one who denies himself enjoyment because of the opinions of others."
    Reconlabtech @ AVSForum

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast