Thread: Missing Icons?

Feedback Score

Missing Icons?

So, this might be a stupid thread for most people but it was a head slapper for myself. Over thanksgiving everyone wanted to see my phone and by the end of the day the phone was freezing, there were missing icons, every program and it's mother was open, finger prints, dirt......you name it. Cleaning it and soft reset obviously solved all of those...except the missing icons. I went absolutely ballistic trying to figure out what happened to my games, applications and browser.

The fix? Someone clicked hide on them. It took me over an hour to figure this out after reinstalling twice on dm. Maybe I'm just stupid but it's probably my noobness to the interface. To get the icons back all I had to do was click "show all" and then find the icons and uncheck "hide." Even if this only helps one person, I'd be happy that nobody else goes through that frustration lol.....

the moral of this story? Show people what your phone can do, don't let them figure it out.

Device(s)
    Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also, a simple post on Hofo saying my icons are missing would have solved your problems in about 5 minutes. I mean I guess it's good that you learned but don't be afraid to ask here if you have questions. Sure you might get called a n00b (deservingly so ) but you'll also get some good help from this forum. (As I am sure you know)

Feedback Score
    lol Not new to this forum sobe.....check the profile for Crow216......
    http://www.howardforums.com/member.php?u=25210
    I wasn't home....it was thanksgiving dinner.

Device(s)
    Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    lol sorry, you get banned? Also... you could post from your Storm

edit: and I was just poking fun at the icon thing. We've all been there at some point, where you blow some small technical problem into some huge ordeal.

Feedback Score
    Nope. I left for awhile lol. Way back when Hofo instituted a new rules system the forum changed a lot. A couple hundred posters and myself part of the nextel forum decided to create another forum (that is still up and strong but I never post). Part of proving a point was that we gave each other our passwords and changed the email addresses and pw's to things that don't exist. So we could never log back in. 4 years later (storm), I started posting here again.

Feedback Score
    plz i need the driver for bbk storm