View Poll Results: Does this updated screen fix really work?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

64 55.17%
  • Possibly but not sure yet

32 27.59%
  • No

20 17.24%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Better fix for screen clicking issues.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I finally did the fix myself. The screen really does feel amazingly better. The corner by the send key wouldn't click unless I used a lot of force in just the right spot before--now the screen clicks uniformly around the entire way.

I'll post an update in a few days to let everyone know how it's working.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Feedback Score
    ^^^ Ditto what ShortSxit said. Fantastic fix, when I was having the exact same issue.

For me it was definitely a Torx T6. Some people say 7, but trust me, mine had T6 screws.

I ended up doing the left screw (closest to END key) 1/2 turn and the right screw (closest to SEND key and with sticker) 3/4 turn to get what I wanted.

Device(s)
    Droid X, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    I'm on Verizon,
    Feedback Score
    So what's the consensus here? I read everything from a quarter turn to 1&1/2. I stopped by Radio Shack and picked up a 20 piece electronics bit driver set for $17. Clicking on my Storm seemed a little clunky at first but I think I've gotten used to it. Still difficult to click on the lower extremes of the screen. I'm willing to take the risk as long as it doesn't screw things up. Should I start at 3/4 turn?

Feedback Score
    I would adjust it in SMALL increments. Start out with small turns, and adjust as needed. Judging by other threads, some phones need more adjustments than others.

Device(s)
    LG VX8100 -Retired
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It looks like I stripped my screw a little bit while doing this with another screw...dumb I know. Am I ****ed because of this?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Finally purchased a set of electrical bits so I could give this a go. I was not able to noticeably improve my click. I went from no screen movement to where I started from which was a relatively long travel for the click, longer in the middle than at the corners. This was a little disappointing given the great feedback on the screw adjustment here.

I have replaced the cardboard card on top of the battery and I'm back to a much crisper click with similar travel all over the screen. It was a T6 driver for my screws btw.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad this has help more people to enjoy their storm as I do. I updated the details a little.

1. Need micro TORX (T6) screw driver and small needle.
    2. Open back and you will see a red sticker and directly across from it you will see a silver screw. Under the red sticker is a identical screw. These 2 screws are screwed on too tight.
    3. Using the small needle, you can take off the sticker for replacement later. Unscrew both screws in SMALL INCREMENTS (Don't worry about them being too loose, they will still be tight) Storms are all not the same, so others might take more turns then others. If you find your screen getting stuck then you unscrewed to far. Screw them back and start over.

4. Replace sticker, screen is fixed. Send a Wonka Bar with a Golden ticket. I accept paypal.

5. I used to have to fix my console gamepads by doing this, so It just popped in my head to try this an it worked.

6. Enjoy your Storm.
    Last edited by Jascias; 12-13-2008 at 06:47 AM.

Feedback Score
    For those satisfied with the "screw" fix, was it good enough now to remove all your business cards (shims) etc.?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint Sero
    Feedback Score
    You guys can get a T6 at Sears for $1.49 or at Home Depot for $1.99
    I never thought an Indiana Jones movie with Area 51, Soviets, Red Scare, Marshall College, Motorcycle chases, jungle chases, a giant jungle cutter, car chases along cliff edges, neat locales, skulls, Cate Blanchette, John Hurt, Spielberg, and John Williams could ever be bad!

IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hi you guys, I recently have been running into problems with my touchscreen as well.. At first it worked amazing in all corners of the phone, and recently when i turn it horizontal to text, the back button and the A areas of the phone are very difficult to get to work.. are these the errors you all were having for you all to turn to this route?

I am not the greatest with tools so I'm nervous to try this if my problems will not be fixed this way. I purchased my phone through Best Buy so I dunno if it is worth going back to try and get a new one or to just fix it myself.

Thank you sorry for the long message, hope the holidays worked out for everyone and thanks in advance for your help.
    Y hello thar.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mileshorton
    Hi you guys, I recently have been running into problems with my touchscreen as well.. At first it worked amazing in all corners of the phone, and recently when i turn it horizontal to text, the back button and the A areas of the phone are very difficult to get to work.. are these the errors you all were having for you all to turn to this route?

I am not the greatest with tools so I'm nervous to try this if my problems will not be fixed this way. I purchased my phone through Best Buy so I dunno if it is worth going back to try and get a new one or to just fix it myself.

Thank you sorry for the long message, hope the holidays worked out for everyone and thanks in advance for your help.
    That is exactly what this trick is for. If you can use a screwdriver you can do this. I'm sure you can manage

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless -- ONE AND ONLY
    Feedback Score
    We got the tools set (torx) and my husband adjusted the screws for me, he did total of 1/2, and magic it is!!!! My click is wonderful!!!

Device(s)
    Cylon Droid Communicator
    Carrier(s)
    New Caprica Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Just voted yes. I was not really having any issues but decided to try anyway. I have to say the click screen is much more consistent now and just feels better when typing. I also updated the first post in this thread to include more info.
    Keep all PHONE discussion within the Verizon Phone Discussion sub forum. We will close/move threads without notice if you do not follow the the VZW forum rules. Report inappropriate posts by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right hand corner of any post, or the orange triangle in the bottom left for Premium members.

Feedback Score
    i can't really put into words just how much better the screen feels. I was OK with the paper fix....but this feels much better now. i spent $5 at the hardware store for the screw driver and as you unscrew it you can literally feel the screen let go because it was tightened much too hard.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless -- ONE AND ONLY
    Feedback Score
    Also, one thing you can do to measure exactly how much you turn, is mark the screw with a pencil like say the top position. Then when you turn, you can see how much you turned. Worked like a charm for me!!! I love my storm's clicking!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast