Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: U900 Soul Full Flash Guide

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

U900 Soul Full Flash Guide

First thing to always remember, is BACK UP YOUR PHONE, Pictures,wallpapers,music, and any contacts you have saved on your phone. I am not responsible for any damage to you, your phone, computer, or lost of data in this process. This is a guideline intended for professional technicians.
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    What you will need:
    1. USB cable that came with your phone.
    2. Samsung PC Studio 3 witch can be found here:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/do...ia_cd=01011800
    Install this software first, it contains the drivers for your phone, and has every thing you need for backup.
    3. Multiloader 5.33
    4. New firmware
    Both can be found here:
    http://samsungflashfiles.uni.cc/
    -----------------------------Now you are ready to begin-----------------------------------
    1. Make sure Samsung PC Studio is installed and communicates with your phone. And unpack the firmware in a folder you can easily find it.
    2. Remove the Sim and MicroSD from your phone and replace the battery.
    3. With the phone OFF connect the phone and computer with the USB cable.
    4. While holding the no. 9 button on the phones key pad, tap the power button, the phone screen will come on black with a red stripe that says "Download"
    5. Now run MultiLoader v5.33
    6. Select the radio button that includes MSM6275/MSM6280.

7. Select Boot Change and Full Download.
    8. Then click Boot, and select the boot files from the unpacked firmware folder.

9. Click the Amss, Rsrc1, and Rsrc2.
    10. Then press the Factory FS tab, and select the appropriate files from the firmware folder also.
    11. Select (Low).r2c NOT (Mid).r2c. (Phone may not restart if you select mid)
    12. FOTA and ETC fields are left blank.

13. Click the Port Search button, it will find your phone and show the com port is ready.
    14.Click the download button and be patient, this will take a few minutes to complete.

15.When it's finished, it will show "ok complete".

16.Unplug the phone from the USB cable, reinstall the sim, MicroSD, and power up the the phone.
    17. Now with every thing complete, perform a hard reset by typing *2767*3855# into the hand set.
    18. When the phone resets type *#1234# into your handset to check your new firmware ver.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what exactly does this do? im expecting my phone tomorrow. I also have tmobile, can you let me know what i need to do to get tzones, mms, and text working? what settings do i need to put in? thanks

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Flashing a phone changes the firmare (software) on the phone. The reason to do this is over time the software is improved, apps are added, or just impovements to the phones operation. Some pepole flash because the phone dosent support the languge they want. As far as t-mobile settings, I will post them here next.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    T-Zones are found here by download http://tmobileuspublic.wdsglobal.com/

If manual T-Zones US.

Set name:
    T-Zones

Access name:
    wap.voicestream.com

Auth type:
    normal

User id:
    blank

Password:
    blank

Protocol:
    HTTP

Home URL:
    wap.myvoicestream.com

Proxy address:

Port:

Linger time:

Advanced settings:

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    thanks! anything special i need to know for mms and texts?

Device(s)
    Samsung U900 SOUL
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Which one is the latest firmware? "U900ADHC6" ?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Text dosnt need any setup, I will post MMS here.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Manual WAP:

Access name:
    T-MOBILE

Home URL:
    HTTP://216.155.174.84/SERVLETS/MMS

Proxy:

PORT: 9201

LOGIN:
    Blank

PASSWORD:
    Blank

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The newest most tested firmware is U900UXEHI1
    There is a newer one out I have just started useing, The only differance that I have noticed is it will recognize a 16gig MicroSD card!

You can find it here translated from Italian:

http://translate.google.com/translat...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Device(s)
    Samsung U900 SOUL
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok after reconnecting and connecting my USB into 3 different ports on my computer, I finally Download V5.33 to detect my U900 when I click "Port Search". It shows up "Ready [U900]" instead of just "Ready".

Well after I click Download, it downloads the first part of the firmware than it says 'Wait Reset !!' than it says "Serial Port Open Error!". What's the problem?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You are having a comport issue on a shared port. Something in your startup is hoarding your comports. This is easy to fix if you have Vista (just disable everything in your computers startup then restart.
    Make sure pc studio is NOT running (not even an icon by the clock)
    And there is no sync software either. It should be easy to track down what is grabbing your ports, disable it, and try again.

Device(s)
    Samsung U900 SOUL
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Ok finally got it working, I restarted my computer and than everything downloaded into the phone just fine. Just got done resetting my phone back to the settings I previously had it before the hard reset. I noticed this new firmware changed the left softkey from "menu" to "messages". Any other notable changes in this firmware?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What I notice from my original was the added Google maps, and 16gig MicroSD compatable. The menu is speed up a little, and a couple of new functions in the camera menu.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ill try this during this weekend as im not sure if this would work on my macbook, btw you saw my pm, should i just upload the newest version of the firmware which I am guessing is U900ADHC6 (the one you are talking about here?) or do i first need to download the one you were talking about in the pm or is it the same one (but you told me to reverse steps 10 and 11)?

Device(s)
    Samsung U900 SOUL
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by northwoodinc
    First thing to always remember, is BACK UP YOUR PHONE, Pictures,wallpapers,music, and any contacts you have saved on your phone. I am not responsible for any damage to you, your phone, computer, or lost of data in this process. This is a guideline intended for professional technicians.
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
    What you will need:
    1. USB cable that came with your phone.
    2. Samsung PC Studio 3 witch can be found here:
    http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/do...ia_cd=01011800
    Install this software first, it contains the drivers for your phone, and has every thing you need for backup.
    3. Multiloader 5.33
    4. New firmware
    Both can be found here:
    http://samsungflashfiles.uni.cc/
    -----------------------------Now you are ready to begin-----------------------------------
    1. Make sure Samsung PC Studio is installed and communicates with your phone. And unpack the firmware in a folder you can easily find it.
    2. Remove the Sim and MicroSD from your phone and replace the battery.
    3. With the phone OFF connect the phone and computer with the USB cable.
    4. While holding the no. 9 button on the phones key pad, tap the power button, the phone screen will come on black with a red stripe that says "Download"
    5. Now run MultiLoader v5.33
    6. Select the radio button that includes MSM6275/MSM6280.

7. Select Boot Change and Full Download.
    8. Then click Boot, and select the boot files from the unpacked firmware folder.

9. Click the Amss, Rsrc1, and Rsrc2.
    10. Then press the Factory FS tab, and select the appropriate files from the firmware folder also.
    11. Select (Low).r2c NOT (Mid).r2c. (Phone may not restart if you select mid)
    12. FOTA and ETC fields are left blank.

13. Click the Port Search button, it will find your phone and show the com port is ready.
    14.Click the download button and be patient, this will take a few minutes to complete.

15.When it's finished, it will show "ok complete".

16.Unplug the phone from the USB cable, reinstall the sim, MicroSD, and power up the the phone.
    17. Now with every thing complete, perform a hard reset by typing *2767*3855# into the hand set.
    18. When the phone resets type *#1234# into your handset to check your new firmware ver.
    Hmm... Did you just add that step? I flashed my phone yesterday and read all the steps, but I don't remember reading that one. Therefore I didn't do that part. Is it fine if I skipped it, or should I reflash my phone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast