Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Debranding W760a

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well, i didn't debrand it again, i actually just used SEUS and updated the phone, which made me loose all my mods. Took me a while to add them all back...

The unlock up key mod
    make the left soft key the camera
    make the right soft key Files (file manager)
    acoustic mod
    milky wave camera driver mod..

Have any of you guys did the recent upgrade? My w760 was blazing fast but after i put the above mods back in the file system it got back to the slightly slower speed. With the occasional freeze..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorDD
    ...And I ended up rebranding it because the debranded software lacked the Rogers messaging, email, and backup software that I liked. The only thing it let me do that I couldn't do before was manually switch from 3G to GSM and use MP3s as ringtones. I can live with the Rogers logo showing up every time I turn it on and off, and I have DRM Packager for the MP3 problem.
    Do you mind sharing on how you re-branded it back?
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    nokia 6230i unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    hey guys how can i delete some of the locked media files, apps, etc?
    do i use A2uploader?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thenhugosaid
    hey guys how can i delete some of the locked media files, apps, etc?
    do i use A2uploader?

this has been asked before, and I'm still waiting for someone to figure it out... I've got several apps I'd like to delete myself.. Have you tried digging around using A2uploader to see if you can find them?

Feedback Score
    It's very easy to delete protected apps.

Use A2Uploader and navigate to:
    TPA \ PRESET \ SYSTEM \ AMS

A2Uploader won't let you delete a protected file (i.e. won't let you delete a read-only file), so the trick is to over-write it with a new file that isn't read-only.

Therefore, upload a blank file with identical filename.extension to overwrite it. Now you can delete your blank file
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Carrier(s)
    Fido, So-net, China Mobile HK,B-Mobile(Japan)
    Feedback Score
    upload a cutomize_upgrade.xml which sets "deletable" to true for the files involved.

For example:

<image deletable="false" lock="false" unicode-name="Fido.png">image/Picture_Fido_342.4.png</image>

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the info guys

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson W760a
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question W760a

i have a SE W760a and am with Rogers Wireless in Canada and have tried debranding, but it just doesn't seem to work, i used the directions on http://www.sharkypr.net/node/320 but at step 5 and 6 the software won't pick up my phone no matter how long i stand there and hold the "c" button. could someone please help? am i doing something wrong?

Feedback Score
    Mine was Rogers too and I was able to do it.

Did you install Gordon Gate's Flash Driver? Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I got my computer to detect the phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung a870
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosakai View Post
    Did you install Gordon Gate's Flash Driver? Correct me if I'm wrong but this is how I got my computer to detect the phone.
    For what it's worth, on my XP machine, I had to install SEUS (vs. the Flash drivers advertised elsewhere and/or the ones provided with/by Davinciteam client) as otherwise I could only connect the phone to the PC once. Subsequent connections would show an error for the SEMC Flash driver in the Device Manager with an error along the lines of "an instance of this driver is already in memory". This would happen even if the first time the phone failed to connect for some reason.

After installing SEUS I can now connect / disconnect / reconnect the phone which makes it much easier to explore, esp. with a DB3210 where trying to read files locks up A2uploader's connection.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9