Thread: i broke the screen already

Device(s)
    blackberry storm
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

i broke the screen already

lol. i chipped the corner off with a 1.5 foot fall from my lap to a tile floor. i will just call it into insurance and get a new one....

Device(s)
    BB Storm & Bold
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T & Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That sucks.
    Currently own (Yes all at once):
    On Verizon
    BB Storm, Samsung Omnia (Just sold!)
    On AT&T
    BB Bold, iPhone, Treo 750, Treo 680, Qtek 9100, Qtek S200, Cingular 3125, Samsung Blackjack, Blackberry Curve, AT&T Tilt

My HoFo Feedback

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that. Let us know how your provider responds. Would be interested to know how quickly they take care of you.

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking they will charge you something liek $50 for repair fees and tell you to take it to a store.

Device(s)
    BB Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    pics?
    Hope it gets worked out

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crow216 2
    I'm thinking they will charge you something liek $50 for repair fees and tell you to take it to a store.
    They will probably not tell him to take it to the store---this is not a warranty issue--and they most assuredly will charge $50 for a deductible.
    No longer a VZW employee, but still a good information source.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    CanAM:
    With all that money you save monthly with your Sprint plan, you should be able to order Hooked On Phonics - remember, the phone number to order this is 1-800-ABCDEFG.

Device(s)
    blackberry storm
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    since it doesn't take away from phone function i will get it replaced at a later date. it isn't that bad i actually chipped the corner off the top left (portrait mode). not that big of a deal right now. and i am absolutely sure i am gonna have to shell out the $50 for it so now i am going to "endurance test" the phone since i know i can get a new one at any point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseydrew
    since it doesn't take away from phone function i will get it replaced at a later date. it isn't that bad i actually chipped the corner off the top left (portrait mode). not that big of a deal right now. and i am absolutely sure i am gonna have to shell out the $50 for it so now i am going to "endurance test" the phone since i know i can get a new one at any point.
    Good idea, since it's already broken anyhow. You can become the official storm endurance tester...

Here is a list of good tests:

Start dropping it from higher and higher starting points

See how much it takes to scratch the screen and/or case

Carry it in a pocket with a bunch of keys

Drop it into a pond

Any others???

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix9
    Good idea, since it's already broken anyhow. You can become the official storm endurance tester...

Here is a list of good tests:

Start dropping it from higher and higher starting points

See how much it takes to scratch the screen and/or case

Carry it in a pocket with a bunch of keys

Drop it into a pond

Any others???
    If you are going to replace the unit how about dropping it off at a shelter for abused and battered women. As long as the phone still works they can activate it for a client to use in emergencies. Your local department of human services can help you find a shelter. Also if you have them write you a receipt the full amount may be tax deductible (incentive). However the shelter is a great place to donate used electronics etc that are still in working order.

Device(s)
    Bionic, Thunderbolt, iPhone4, Droid X, Incredible, Droid, Devour, Omnia II, Tour, Storm, Curve,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Ride883
    If you are going to replace the unit how about dropping it off at a shelter for abused and battered women. As long as the phone still works they can activate it for a client to use in emergencies. Your local department of human services can help you find a shelter. Also if you have them write you a receipt the full amount may be tax deductible (incentive). However the shelter is a great place to donate used electronics etc that are still in working order.
    If he plans to replace it with insurance, he has to return the one he is replacing.

Insurance replacements come without a battery and without any accessories.

The only time you don't need to return it to the insurance company is if you are replacing a lost or stolen phone, and then you have to have a police report. Filing a false police report is a felony.
    Member, Verizon Wireless Customer Council

Device(s)
    VX9800 (V)
    Carrier(s)
    VeriZon (VZW)
    Feedback Score
    I've never needed a police report for a stolen/lost phone..

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thats surprising. On saturday i dropped my phone from my coat pocket 3 times onto a marble floor ( i was wearing the coat) and literally there is not even a scratch on the thing. Not even the silver trim is cratched or anything.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand all of this. The people that did the nail test and others, and nothing happens, and yet people can drop it from a few feet and it cracks the screen. Guess I'll just have to be careful!!

They can make cell phone technologies that can download faster than my DSL line. Why can't they make a phone that I can use on my submarine?!