Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [FAQ] Unlocking iPhone 3G

Feedback Score
    Alright, rookie mistake but bought a used iphone, worked no problem with my sim card, but was running on version 2.2 i believe so when I made the mistake of plugging it into my itunes for the first time and updated it, it locked itself. Now the only screen available is the emergency call screen. Was wondering if anyone can help me out, thanks. This was done today , November 26th so I do believe it was most recent update version although i don't know how to check as i'm locked out.

Device(s)
    LG Tu720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi there,

I just went to a wireless guy to unlock my iphone 3gs... he did but told me not to let the battery die...i didn't but i've been having troubles calling out and when i was on the phone it just rebooted itself...now its stuck on the black background with the apple logo... is there anything i can do about this?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated...i'm without a cell and its so very frustrating.

Device(s)
    LG Tu720
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi there,

I just went to a wireless guy to unlock my iphone 3gs... he did but told me not to let the battery die...i didn't but i've been having troubles calling out and when i was on the phone it just rebooted itself...now its stuck on the black background with the apple logo... is there anything i can do about this?

Any help would be so greatly appreciated...i'm without a cell and its so very frustrating.

Device(s)
    Samsung Renown
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So I've don't some time reading the stickies and I had one question that I either missed the answer to or is too simple to be addressed. If I get an ipad and jailbreak and unlock it, will I be able to still get iOS updates in the future?

I'm guessing I have to "revirginize" the device to do this but just want to confirm it's possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    # Power on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if it’s in off state.
    # Connect the device to computer via USB cable or dock.
    # Run and open the iTunes program so that user will be notified when device enters DFU mode.
    # Press and hold Power or Sleep-Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
    # Release the Power or Sleep-Wake button and continue holding the Home button for 10 to 60 more seconds.
    # Wait until iTunes detects and recognizes the iDevice in DFU Recovery mode with notification message or system sound indicating hardware connect or disconnect.
    # The device is now in DFU mode.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks i needed to know what step i actually i missed....

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    In order to jailbreak the 3G and maintain the carrier, is there a specific tool / OS version that I should be using??

Feedback Score
    where do i get the unlock/jailbreak

Feedback Score
    Good tips and thank you

Feedback Score
    hi
    i have an iphone 3g 4.2.1
    i used redsnow and ultra snow to change the carrier to carrier 9.0 from at&t. i have installed an active sim card from simple mobile. i have toggeled the airplane mode to search for the carrier, but it never finds simple mobile.
    help!
    thanks!
    lisa

Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ip3g support unlock and jailbreak.
    Try that.

Feedback Score
    Lisa, did you ever find the fix for getting it to read your simple mobile sim? I am having the same problem with straight talk sim

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Feedback Score
    Need Help !i have an iphone with firmware version 4.1 (8b117)base band 5.14.02 and my question is Could i still jailbreak and unlock my iphone?

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Feedback Score
    Need Help ! i have an iphone with firmware version 4.1 (8b117)base band 5.14.02 and my question is Could i still jailbreak and unlock my iphone?

Feedback Score
    This is pretty outdated, except for the last few posts

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast