Thread: Event Rep.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t....again
    Feedback Score

Event Rep.

I applied for a position as an Event Rep. I had my first interview earlier today and it seemed to go very well. The guy who interviewed me wasn't a manager but one of the senior event reps for my state. The only question he couldn't answer was about health insurance. I did some research on the website but the info I found was rather vague. Do part time employees qualify for medical? Also, how long is the probationary or waiting period before I would be eligible for benefits?

I'd like to hear from some other event reps, how do you like it? Is it challenging? I am looking forward to it...if I get the position.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t....again
    Feedback Score
    ...anyone?

Carrier(s)
    Varies
    Feedback Score
    The job can be very rewarding, depending on what market you're in and if you get along well with your team. The same benefits are offered to part-time employees. Health insurance is available on the first day after the first thirty days of employment.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t....again
    Feedback Score
    That sounds great, thanks. I really hope I get the position.

Carrier(s)
    Varies
    Feedback Score
    Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and I'll be happy to tell you more.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t....again
    Feedback Score
    I guess I didn't get it. I never heard back. It's probably because I am too experienced and this is an entry-level position, I mostly see 18 and 19 yr olds doing it.

Carrier(s)
    Varies
    Feedback Score
    Sorry - I've been in and out of the forums due to my other job. It could have been one of many things. My previous positions easily overqualify me for the position as well, however I wanted to enter T-Mobile's corporate structure and was willing to sacrifice for a bit. Perhaps they went through a hiring freeze in your area - I know they're doing that here.

No need to insult the position just because you didn't get hired.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    at&t....again
    Feedback Score
    the job announcement is still open. I don't think there has been a hiring freeze. I didn't really mean to insult the position, I am sure it's a great job, I've heard good things about it which is why I applied. I guess I was a bit put off by the guy not calling me back. In fact since I have his cell number I should start calling him tomorrow morning and start being persistent with him. I'll remind him of the event-rep I saw in Wal Mart the other day, the kid looked like he was stoned out of his mind.

Carrier(s)
    Varies
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by astronomical13
    the job announcement is still open. I don't think there has been a hiring freeze. I didn't really mean to insult the position, I am sure it's a great job, I've heard good things about it which is why I applied. I guess I was a bit put off by the guy not calling me back. In fact since I have his cell number I should start calling him tomorrow morning and start being persistent with him. I'll remind him of the event-rep I saw in Wal Mart the other day, the kid looked like he was stoned out of his mind.
    It's unfortunate - it's one of those things where the bad eggs always stick out. Much like when a car speeds past you and you think "where is the cop when I need them?" only to find out that they're right there when you go 6 miles over the speed limit.