Thread: I use expensive phones with pre paid plans, help

Feedback Score

I use expensive phones with pre paid plans, help

I am currently using a t-Mobile wing $450 purchased without a contract and buy 1000 minute blocks of time for $100 from t-Mobile. I know it seems strange buy I need the pda aspects of the phone without having a data plan. I am currently thinking about getting one of the more expensive Nokia phones, an N95 8gb, the n82, or a 5800 so I can sync it with my mac using isync. My windows mobile pro based wing no longer syncs with my mac using missing sync, in fact , all my contacts are deleted if I try to sync it, so I have given up . I want to go to another operating system, like symbian to give myself a chance to be able to sync my phone and computer again. I did several searches and could find no mention of people buying expensive phones while using pre paid plans.
    I've been looking at the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and some of the N series phones ( 82+95) are the phones I am thinking of buying outright for around $450 us dollars. I wanted to know if there are drawbacks to using these phones without a data plan. My wing (used in the US), does ok without a data plan but most importantly I need to isync it with my mac. These phones seems to be the closest to what I am looking for with isync plugins that are available. I would otherwise be happy with my wing, I just can't sync it. It's a bad feeling when I sync it and all of my contacts are deleted. I have no experience with Nokia phones and symbian os,so I thought I would ask for opinions in a Nokia forum. Are symbian operating systems comparable with Windows mobile pro, and should I stay with a touch screen like the 5800 because i'm used to it?

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    At&t. (3g sucks in NY/NJ)
    Feedback Score
    Wrong section.

Anyway, the E series sounds good for you. You are interested in PDA functions so E71 or E60 might work well for you.

Device(s)
    T Mobile Wing
    Feedback Score

I discovered the nokia 9300 and it was for me

Not looking for a camera multimedia heavy device but more of a pda phone, when I discovered first the n90 and the 9000 series phones I was thinking I would spring for a new N90, then compromise with the 9500 and found the 9300 was a bit smaller I couldn't resist. I purchased it from a seller in New York and probably 30 plus people before me bought the same phone from the same seller and all are happy, new in the box; At any rate I just finished ordering the phone and should get it next week and it is isync qualified so I'm hoping all goes well.

Feedback Score

I'm looking into the t-mobilel total internet data only plan

I'm about to set foot on new territory, namely data plans. I was looking at the tmobile plans and they have one called t-mobile total internet. Has anyone used or tried one of these add on plans? I may try to use it with one of the prepaid plans they are offening. Since I'm going to have two internet capable phones the wing and the nokia 9300 which is probably the one I would use, I guess the you don't know what your missing until you've tried it speaks for me. I've got a great phone plan now, $.10 per minute, no taxes etc, but I seem to be ready to not be so cheap and and actually waste some money on an actual phone plan. Currently I probably average$16 a month in pre-paid useage. Anyone have experience with tmobile total internet?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone XS Max, Huawei Mate RS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, China Mobile, Inmarsat
    Feedback Score
    $450... Expensive? Since when?
    ~ alphaod ~
    AT&T - Apple iPhone XS Max
    China Mobile - Huawei Mate RS

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(Nov. '07 - Present)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile Total internet is $20 a month for unlimited data usage(read: no data caps) and tethering is included. As of now, they bundled their data plans with their $5 and $15 messaging plans so you'd be paying $25 and $35 for 400 messages and unlimited messages respectively on top of the data.

Personally, Total internet is alright. It serves it's purpose. I don't know what else to say about it, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaekidd1012
    The Nokia E71: It turns you into an ***hole
    100th POST @ 3/27/08
    500th POST @ 2/08/09
    1000th POST @ 5/06/09

I haven't thought up a good new siggy yet so I'm gonna use this!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128GB matte black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why the hell do you have 2 hofo accounts?

And why would you get an antique like the 9300??

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    FYI, T-Mobile has no data plan for PAYG, you must get a flexpay account if you want a data plan on T-mobile.

If you don't want a data plan, make sure your phone at least has wi-fi. Most new N series and E series phones have them. I second the e71.