Thread: HTC in the Mall

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

HTC in the Mall

...or Dopod, at least. This photo was taken earlier this week in Beijing, China. How long until we get HTC kiosks in US malls?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    having fun out there jeff??
    From the HTC Magician to the One X, I'm one of the HTC OG's.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC_S60_Fan
    having fun out there jeff??
    Oh, I'm back in California as of this morning. Or did you mean "out there" = Cali?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    well cali of course as it's been 6 months since you moved out there but how was your asian trip?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You're somewhat close to me now, I live in Redwood Valley, it's about 8 miles north of Ukiah (Mendocino County) or 123 miles northwest of you in Berkley http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redwood_Valley,_California Come on up sometime, it's BEAUTIFUL up here Thanks for the shots of Bejing, I would love to see HTC Kiosks in the malls here in the US, I bet we never get them though, we can wish anyway Speaking of going back to Cali-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7iIttp6cY Classic Old School Rap, Classic LL Cool J!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @HTC_S60_Fan: Cali is treating me well so far, but it's nothing compared to NYC. Nothing. Shanghai made me homesick for a really big city, in fact...

@ilvla2: Cool! I assume you work for the railroad up there?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm not gonna say I told you so, but then again, with how dreadful financial services is, Sterns isn't looking so hot right now, I will look at Baruch instead.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC7iIttp6cY Classic Old School Rap, Classic LL Cool J!
    > mid 30's to remember that one I think! That made me 'LOL'. I remember listening to that sitting in the back of my manager's car as a busboy at Pizza Hut. He was showing off his new ridiculously large box speakers that were sitting up in the back window (just waiting to be stolen).

About the kiosks, 90% of the phones I buy are HTC and also bought over the internet without ever being seen live. A kiosk would be awesome and probably save me some money if I could thoroughly check out the phone before deciding whether to buy.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by nextel1996
    > mid 30's to remember that one I think! That made me 'LOL'. I remember listening to that sitting in the back of my manager's car as a busboy at Pizza Hut. He was showing off his new ridiculously large box speakers that were sitting up in the back window (just waiting to be stolen).

About the kiosks, 90% of the phones I buy are HTC and also bought over the internet without ever being seen live. A kiosk would be awesome and probably save me some money if I could thoroughly check out the phone before deciding whether to buy.
    Lol Yep, I am 37, I grew up on the old school stuff

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    [B]
    @ilvla2: Cool! I assume you work for the railroad up there?

No, though I would like to get on with the railroads (preferably with Amtrak), they are booming, both freight and passenger With Obama and Biden coming in, things should get even better, as both of them are avid train supporters and users I come from a long line of railroaders, so my love of trains and the high iron runs in my blood Their hiring has slowed down lately, along with most businesses in this economic hell, but hopefully in year or so things should start to pick up again, I am very hopeful with Obama coming in. I have my Conductor's Certification (Modoc RR Academy, 2008), a BA in History (Idaho State, 1997), Minor in Spanish (Idaho State, 1997) and Computer Certs (Empire College, Santa Rosa, CA-2001), so I'm well rounded

Currently, I work for my dad's firm, Cook Investigations, he does background checks for the Federal Government, I'm his Administrative Assistant, Technology Consultant and driver, we go allover NorCal on our cases, pretty much anything north of Santa Rosa and Sacramento to the Oregon Border is fair game. In fact, we're going over to Chico Thursday to do a case, it'll be an overnighter. It's all rural and smaller towns we work in, Redding is the biggest at 95,000, though on RARE occasions we get some work down in SF or over in Sac, that's only when they need extra help, as there are guys down there assigned to do those cases.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Strata
    [B]@HTC_S60_Fan:Cali is treating me well so far, but it's nothing compared to NYC. Nothing. Shanghai made me homesick for a really big city, in fact...
    For that sized city in the west, you'd have to go to L.A. 3.9 Million in the city proper, and around 14 million in the Greater Los Angeles Area.

Device(s)
    Telstra HD2 on ATT 3G
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    For that sized city in the west, you'd have to go to L.A. 3.9 Million in the city proper, and around 14 million in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
    Personally I found San Fransisco to be more NY like than LA. LA is a bit bland whereas San Fran is a bit more,... "culturistic/bustling/metropolitan"... IMHO

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceppc
    Personally I found San Fransisco to be more NY like than LA. LA is a bit bland whereas San Fran is a bit more,... "culturistic/bustling/metropolitan"... IMHO
    L.A. Bland? You didn't explore it too much

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    L.A. Bland? You didn't explore it too much
    I'm from NY and even i kno LA isn't bland

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by HTC_S60_Fan
    I'm from NY and even i kno LA isn't bland

Right on mi amigo I will admit, It does have it's share of not so nice things, like the traffic, but with Metrolink (Commuter Trains) and Metrorail (Subway and Light Rail) growing like crazy, that's improving, and getting around in SoCal is a lot easier than when I grew up there in the 70's and 80's, though it will take a while to get back the system the Pacific Electric had there prior to the 1960's. The Air Quality has also improved a lot, due to more transit and tougher air standards.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com
    http://www.mta.net
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Electric

As far as culture, well, L.A. has a ton, from Mexican to El Salvadoean to Chinese to German to Korean, and a lot more. Theatres, music, L.A. has a plethora of them, there is pretty much anything you would want in a big city. I was born and raised east of L.A in the suburbs, in a city called West Covina http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Covina,_California, starting Kindergarten in 1976, and graduating Covina High School in 1990 http://www.covinahigh.net/

I haven't been to NYC yet, the closest I've made it is Philly, but I want to visit it someday, and I HAVE to have some Corned Beef and Pastrami at the Carnegie Deli, NYC has a corner on Deli's for sure

Edit-Sorry Urban, I didn't mean to go so far off topic, I ramble a lot I know