Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else downgrading from .86?

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Anyone else downgrading from .86?

Anyone else fed up with this version? I'm going back to .85, which by comparison was amazing. I can't go 6 hours without a crash or some feature locking up and requiring a reboot, which is followed by 10 media card crashes on reboot until one works. I'm going back to .85 and looking forward to .88+.

Feedback Score
    I just finished downgrading.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Feedback Score
    For me .86 is just .01% better than .75. I can use the full screen as a viewfinder. Other than that i don't see a difference. I still get the 3 random reboots per day.

edit: meant .75 VS .85 .85 was HORRIBLE!
    Last edited by Surfboard32; 01-18-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Daft Punk Tour!
    07-21 Los Angeles, CA - Sport Arena
    07-31 Denver, CO - Red Rocks

WOOHOOO!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS - 3.0.1 - jail broken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T unfortunately!
    Feedback Score
    Does .85 fix most of the lock-up and reboot issues.

I'm getting sooooo frustrated with this thing locking up and requiring me to pull the battery two and three times daily.

The random daily reboot I can live with, but the "hour glass" thing sitting there in an unending loop never bringing me back to a working OS is getting to be more than I can handle.

It's pathetic to think RIM could pass this for a functioning OS to be released to the public.

And don't get me wrong, I love the phone and what it's capable of, but geeeeze. It's almost not worth it wondering if every time I do to use a feature or two, is it going to lock up again.
    I want what I can't have...but thank God I will find it eventually on Ebay!
    OC3s are nice!

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRASVT

I'm getting sooooo frustrated with this thing locking up and requiring me to pull the battery two and three times daily.

The random daily reboot I can live with, but the "hour glass" thing sitting there in an unending loop never bringing me back to a working OS is getting to be more than I can handle.

It's pathetic to think RIM could pass this for a functioning OS to be released to the public.

And don't get me wrong, I love the phone and what it's capable of, but geeeeze. It's almost not worth it wondering if every time I do to use a feature or two, is it going to lock up again.
    I gotta tell you, .85 for me was like light and day compared to .75. Even .83 was better, but not quite as stable as .85. I dont know what the hell happened with .86, but some people report completelly different findings. I say go ahead and try it out. I didn't have a single reboot with .85 for over a week of using it, can't say anything more then that. For me, .85 is solid as a rock and I might just wait till we get past .90.

Device(s)
    Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I went from .76 to .86 with a wipe. After 2 days I wiped and went back to .76. I am tempted to go to .85 after reading comments on this thread.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COBRASVT

I random reboot the same, about 3 per day. I called Verizon today to complain about the reboots. Hopefully it gets logged.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, I haven't had a single lockup or random reboot on .86. With .85, I had it lock up on me once and that was the media card lock up the very first time I booted it up with .85 when I upgraded.

Device(s)
    Motorola
    Feedback Score
    I downgraded last week. Best decision I made

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfboard32
    I random reboot the same, about 3 per day. I called Verizon today to complain about the reboots. Hopefully it gets logged.
    you called verizon to complain about an OS that hasnt been release by them?

Device(s)
    Note 5 , Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    my biggest trouble was with .85

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon
    my biggest trouble was with .85
    Mine too! .85 was horrible!! .86 has been the best so far for me! Barely ever crashes, and rarely get errors anymore. The only drawback on my phone is battery life. I used to have 3/4 of my battery left after texting and a few phone calls. Now I'm down between 1/2 and 1/4 battery left after the same use in a day. Kinda sucks but I would have done ANYTHING to get rid of the Verizon screen of death 20 times a day!

Device(s)
    Droid X, Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    86 is running fine for me, only one battery pull so far and that was because windows didn't recognize it, been running it for about 5 days. I upgraded from 83 which ran good for me too.
    I got my phone on the 24th of Dec. and within a half hour after getting it I upped it to 83 ran it until about 2 days after 86 was released, then to 86, and only did a wipe for 83.
    I tried 85 on my previous Storm and it was a mess, so I didn't even bother with it when I received my replacement.
    Zõ§õ

Device(s)
    Droid BIONIC
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Nope, I'm not downgrading.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    VerizonWireless
    Feedback Score
    .86 has been incredibly stable for me. I've yet to run into any real problems though w/ any of the builds besides the media card inserted error on .85 that I got after every battery pull, easy fix though so not a big deal.
    vzdub

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast