Thread: .:Advertising and Charging for help:.

Device(s)
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

.:Advertising and Charging for help:.

It is forbidden to use Howard Forums to request warez, or help in fixing your phone for payment. It is also illegal to offer to sell software or repair a phone for money. Doing this via PM's is also illegal. You will get banned if you offer to sell software, repair or flash a phone for a price, or look to buy flashing software without visiting the proper Howard Forums forum for purchasing (BST forum, Advertising forum).

Advertising/Spamming - Any form of advertising or soliciting members or commercial website linking (excluding signatures of current HowardForum advertisers) whether publicly posted (including signatures) or sent privately (including email or PM) is strictly prohibited. This also includes, but is not limited to advertising with the intent to 'help people', or to provide 'free' products or services (e.g. 'free unlocking' posts), or links containing a referral or affiliate ID. While the forum is free for you to use, it is costly and time consuming for us to run so spam makes it harder to fund the forums. If you wish to advertise please use our contact form first.

Additionally, owners and/or affiliates of commercial websites who profit from selling mobile phone related products and services are prohibited from registering usernames resembling a URL of their site unless they first contact us about advertising.
    -------------------------------------------
    Free Cryptocurrency trading!
    https://www.binance.com/?ref=12860082
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam

Device(s)
    Nextel ic602
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

As I read the rules

It is forbidden to request warez but is it forbidden for me to post them as long as they relate to the specific topic? Plus is it forbidden to ask for unlocking codes? Please let me know as soon as possible!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Requesting or providing--even if by linking or giving instructions on where it could be found--something that can be considered warez is not allowed by the forum rules. More about it can alos be found in the ATTN: WAREZ thread. Unlocking discussions are allowed.

Device(s)
    Nextel ic602
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I got that but in an unlocking convo what could we discuss, is there any grey areas that anyone could cover.

Sample:

I know of a link that gives out unlocking codes.
    I know of place that gives out phone software.

Would those examples be allowed in a convo or not?

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunk
    It is forbidden to use Howard Forums to request warez, or help in fixing your phone for payment. It is also illegal to offer to sell software or repair a phone for money. Doing this via PM's is also illegal
    illegal |i(l)ˈlēgəl|
    adjective
    contrary to or forbidden by law, esp. criminal law

What you mean is "against our terms of service". There is no law forbidding offers to sell software or repair phones for money anywhere in the civilized world.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    rules are there for a reason