Page 3 of 827 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Motorola G4 Plus, Blu R1 HD, LG Nexus 5, Motorola Atrix
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sion
    Thank you members of howardforums. I thought me getting the G1 caused me to loose my tzones $5.99 service forever. I started an online chat with a tmobile rep and got the $5.99 tzones service back. I played it dumb the whole way. This is how the conversation went on the first try....

Me: Well I was given this code TZUNL599 and if you can try maybe that will work, as my phone offered it to me.
    Cindy P: I'm checking on that feature, one moment.
    Me: I was given that code from a tmobile rep because I wanted to add the 5.99 tzones plan but I heard it wasnt offered anymore and the rep told me just use that code and I should be able to get the feature.
    So which was it? Your phone offered it to you or a T-Mobile rep gave it to you?

Device(s)
    Nokia N82, N900, iphone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    thanks folks. i forwarded the code to my aunt (who has a samsung behold inherited from her daughter) and she added the $5.99 by calling 611 last night on the first try.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3g 16gb (jailbroken and unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude
    So which was it? Your phone offered it to you or a T-Mobile rep gave it to you?
    neither...

Device(s)
    It's not about quanity of phones you have, it's the quality of the phones:)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT with fast 3G speeds Q(-_-)g
    Feedback Score
    I called 2 more times today and they keep saying they don't offer tzones anymore.

And everytime I give them the code they put me on hold and pretend to be entering the code just to tell me again that tzones isn't offered anymore. That my only option is the $9.99 100mb web.

So what should I do now and what departments are you guys talking to?
    Girls are like phones. They like to be held, and talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll get disconnected!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T mo
    Feedback Score
    ^Just call and keeping asking took me four tries the first 3 where women and were *****es not 2 be sexist or anything. The fourth person was a guy and he just did it. Be like you got it from an email because ur contracting is coming up and ask to talk to their supervisor...
    Past Phones
    Motorola: V400, V330, T722
    Samsung: D528, SGH-R225, SGH-R225, SGH-R225
    Sony Ericson: S710a, W600i, T68i
    Nokia: 6270, 6101
    Treo: 650
    T mobile Dash-X2
    Iphone 2g 8GB X3

Device(s)
    T-Mobile G2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Is anyone going to retentions for this?

How bout doing it in person?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well I tried 8 times again today and still no luck.
    I don't know if it is because I am on flexpay or because my contract started at the end of March. I was close thou. One lady said that it is a grandfathered plan but the code I provided her didn't work so I'm a little sad.

But that last guy I talked to was some Texan guy who was extremely friendly. Awhile back I downgraded my rate plan from 1000 minutes to 700 minutes and for some reason my contract got extended. He was able to change my contract so it can end at the beginning of April 4th. Thats 2 months earlier then June 4th so I did accomplish something today.

Also what is a good story that I could use when telling them how I got the TZUNL599 code?

And what department are you guys calling because when I dial 611 I say customer service and then customer service then the reps will just tell me that they don't offer tzones anymore and that there in no way for them to enter promotion codes on their computers. Is that a lie?

But yeah I will try again tomorrow. And then I will wait till I can actually find an old samsung phone to put my sim card in and then call 611. Because everytime I call them they some how know I have a tmobile wing even thou I keep changing the phone on the tmobile website to a Samsung X495.

Edit tried again a couple of minutes ago.
    I spoke to a nice old lady and tried to get id added on.
    I gave her the code and she says it's not working.
    She said invalid code and that it doesn't match the account type and subtype.

Then as usually they said they no longer have tzones and then she tried to get me on the 100mb $9.99 WHICH I said no to.

Did all of you have tzones $5.99 on your account in the past and then cancelled it and put it back on?
    Or you like me who has never had tzones $5.99?
    I don't know how much longer I keep doing this.
    Last edited by kmx; 02-05-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmx
    Because everytime I call them they some how know I have a tmobile wing even thou I keep changing the phone on the tmobile website to a Samsung X495.
    I don't think the phone you put on the website is what gets forwarded to customer service. Supposedly T-Mobile system recognizing the phones you've been using and lists those for the reps. T-Mobile system will also change an incorrect phone if you enter it onto the website. Not immediately, but it will change it eventually.

So yeah, your best bet is to use your friend's samsung. Maybe even call customer service with it and ask them some dumb tech support question about it so that you know that they see it in their system.

Then call and ask for T-Zones. It's probably next to impossible for them to give you the T-zones plan if you have a wing.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T mo
    Feedback Score
    T mobile know what phone ur using once you call use old samsung and ask them to try it and if not supervisor it and be like u contract is up so i got an email from them with the promotion code..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yesterday I forgot too add but I said the I got a paper in the mail with the promotion code and the rep was asking me to read the details of the promotion code like the phone number to call and which company it came from. So I just said I lost it but wrote down the code just in case.

Also I am a 1 year contract flexpay customer who has never had tzones before and my contract ends April 4th. What are my options on actually getting tzones on?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wow I've called in so many times now that some of the employees know my name since it's not your average American name.
    I was talking to this Nice Smart American girl who knew what she was talking about. I was talking to her about an transfering my flexpay account when it is out of contract to a regular post-paid account while keeping my phone number. Then when she said my name she said a rep tapped her and to tell me Hi It was some cool guy I talked to yesterday about the Samsung Memoir and the release date of Feb. 25th.
    He told her that he said Hi and I busted out laughing. How small is tmobile's call center?
    Now I'm kinda scared that they left notes on my account saying that I keep asking for tzones the other times I called.

Device(s)
    Optimus V
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish Skyeandce
    Wirelessly posted (HP 211 and SE Z780: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7))

I don't think it's gonna last long
    once you see G1 on "my phone" when you logged in, it's likely your tmoweb will be cutoff soon...
    T-Mobile does system sweep to ensure right branded device on right data
    the only exceptions are:
    you use non-branded devices
    you have Total Internet
    I've been using the 5.99 tzones with my T-mobile BB Pearl for a good 3 months now without any problems.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I don't think the phone you put on the website is what gets forwarded to customer service. Supposedly T-Mobile system recognizing the phones you've been using and lists those for the reps. T-Mobile system will also change an incorrect phone if you enter it onto the website. Not immediately, but it will change it eventually.

So yeah, your best bet is to use your friend's samsung. Maybe even call customer service with it and ask them some dumb tech support question about it so that you know that they see it in their system.

Then call and ask for T-Zones. It's probably next to impossible for them to give you the T-zones plan if you have a wing.
    I wonder if it takes some time for the system to see the new phone.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just got this plan added. I had customer loyalty add it on. At first he said there is no code for the t-mobile web. So i said one of your reps gave me the code awhile back so let me grab it and give it to you. So I said the code is tzunl599 And bam he added it no questions asked. He even removed my web2go which was 9.99 with 100mb cap. Thanks T-mobile

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Um, does't the 5.99 Tzones WAP access affect your internet speed and dispaly rendering with the G1 and kind of make it a pain to browse with?

Page 3 of 827 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 53 103 503 ... LastLast