Page 4 of 831 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmx
    Wow I've called in so many times now that some of the employees know my name since it's not your average American name.
    I was talking to this Nice Smart American girl who knew what she was talking about. I was talking to her about an transfering my flexpay account when it is out of contract to a regular post-paid account while keeping my phone number. Then when she said my name she said a rep tapped her and to tell me Hi It was some cool guy I talked to yesterday about the Samsung Memoir and the release date of Feb. 25th.
    He told her that he said Hi and I busted out laughing. How small is tmobile's call center?
    Now I'm kinda scared that they left notes on my account saying that I keep asking for tzones the other times I called.
    Thats funny, nothing to be worried about. You've shown to them how much it would mean if they let you add a previous plan feature.

I got them to add my old $4.99 T-Zones back on but here is the reason.
    I simply told them I was disappointed that they wouldn't add it considering I've been a LOYAL CUSTOMER since 2000. At this point I had zero add-on features to my account so it was zero or they could make another $4.99 off me.

But at the same time I inquired about porting and ETF fees. I was prepared to do so since I'm having to pay $30.00 per month on a necessary Nextel account for work. They asked why, I told them about Sprint's Boost Mobile $50.00 unlimited everything deal as well as my situation with the Nextel account with work. In other words if I drop T-Mobile using only Boost account eliminating Nextel need as well, I save $50.00/month total. So a $200.00 ETF fee is of no consequence. The question then becomes, do I make a move right then or do they try and keep me?

It's negotiations it's business nothing personal, I didn't raise my voice or anything it's not the end of the world.

You must bear in mind, they don't want you to pay a $200.00 ETF fee and move on. They would make alot more money if you stay.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinot
    Um, does't the 5.99 Tzones WAP access affect your internet speed and dispaly rendering with the G1 and kind of make it a pain to browse with?
    I have the "T-Zones" and if I tether, it connects at 3G speeds shown in my sig. I would think a G1 would browse on the 3G network but I could be wrong this.

Device(s)
    It's not about quanity of phones you have, it's the quality of the phones:)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT with fast 3G speeds Q(-_-)g
    Feedback Score
    Well I am finally going to say that this is not going to work for flex pay customers no matter how many times you try.
    Because Flexpay customers keep getting transferred to oversees call center to CS reps who can't speak English fluently and keep repeating what you said.

As soon as my contract is up I am just going to Start a new line of service with tmobile post paid because they get way better benefits and customer support reps than flexpay customers do.
    Yeah I might loose my phone number but at least I will get better benefits with post-paid!!!
    I finally wanted to do this after speaking to a nice post-paid rep who knew exactly what she was talking about.
    I was on the line with her for about 10-15 minutes and we were just talking about the benefits and better promotions of being a post-paid customer compared to a flex-pay customer. She was so nice and educated. Then she said I must know alot about phones since I knew about the memoir before alot of other customers.
    Then we got into a nice conversation about how I always find myself knowing more about promotions/phones/ and rate plans than the tmobile employees who sell phones do. And how most of the flexpay reps I get are reps from oversees who keep repeating what I say instead of fixing the problem.

Man I love the customer service reps who work in post-paid. They are always so happy and educated about their service.

I can't wait to join the t-mobile post-paid group when my flexpay contract is over at the end of March. Im'a say Get The $*%# Out to flexpay
    Girls are like phones. They like to be held, and talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll get disconnected!!!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Apparently I'm not the only T-Mobile post paid customer looking at Boost..

"..Carter says plenty of postpaid subscribers are switching to Unlimited. Where are they coming from? T-Mobile USA."

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493779

1st qtr. could get ugly for T-Mobile USA.

Feedback Score
    I had to go through marketing dept. Got my Zones though. Called several times.

Device(s)
    LG V20 and LG G Pad X 8.0
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile One Plan 6+1 lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 503ducati
    Apparently I'm not the only T-Mobile post paid customer looking at Boost..

"..Carter says plenty of postpaid subscribers are switching to Unlimited. Where are they coming from? T-Mobile USA."

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493779

1st qtr. could get ugly for T-Mobile USA.
    it depends
    I have dumped Boost in favor of ATT GoPhone
    bad reception in my home, and can't use regular repeater is an issue
    text messaging doesn't work at all, data is 20-25kbps
    T-Mobile has more reliable network than others (I seldom get dropped calls)

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    -I get dropped calls all the time, it's a running joke with my friends who all have T-Mobile.

-I rarely text message, nor have I ever relied on it. If I need to get a hold of someone I just call them.

-I use my cell phone to talk on, yes I know shocker huh? I have all the speed and reliability 3G will never have on my ultra portable notebook using WiMAX.

-State of Washington and Oregon has better coverage of iDEN than T-Mobile based on 1st hand experience over the last ten yrs. averaging 80k miles per year in automobile/cargo vans. These are two heavily treed and mountainous states.

If I can get out of ETF I probably will drop T-Mobile because the dropped calls are occurring more often lately, it's getting old.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just signed up for the TZone $5.99 plan. No questions from CS rep. Took only 2 minutes, then she turned me over to the IT Dept who gave me new Tzone settings. I have the Samsung Omnia I900 Unlocked with T-Mobile. Will report back when I actually get connected to the Internet since they said it may take an hour or so to get activated.

Device(s)
    Motorola A1200
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    acstony, if you don't mind, can you post the new t-zone setting after you are done testing??

Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justthinking
    acstony, if you don't mind, can you post the new t-zone setting after you are done testing??
    I think he's talking about the epc.tmobile.com APN which does not require a proxy and allows full internet.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This morning I still cannot get access to the Internet via TZone. I really don't understand why it takes so long to activate. Anyone else using T-Mobile and this plan?

If and when I do get access via TZone, I will let you know and I will pass on the settings. As of right now, I believe the settings would not be of benefit. However, for those who asked:
    Start>Settings>Connections>Connections>New
    Use Tzone or any other to ID the Connection
    Select the modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Next: Access Point Name: WAP.VIOICESTREAM.COM
    Next: Leave All Blank: User Name, Password, Domain
    Finish
    That is all I can pass on at this time. Will post again later today to let you know if I get connected.
    Hope this helps.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asctony
    This morning I still cannot get access to the Internet via TZone. I really don't understand why it takes so long to activate. Anyone else using T-Mobile and this plan?

If and when I do get access via TZone, I will let you know and I will pass on the settings. As of right now, I believe the settings would not be of benefit. However, for those who asked:
    Start>Settings>Connections>Connections>New
    Use Tzone or any other to ID the Connection
    Select the modem: Cellular Line (GPRS)
    Next: Access Point Name: WAP.VIOICESTREAM.COM
    Next: Leave All Blank: User Name, Password, Domain
    Finish
    That is all I can pass on at this time. Will post again later today to let you know if I get connected.
    Hope this helps.
    Well, it's wap.voicestream.com and you might have to use the proxy with that apn. 216.155.165.50 port 8080. No username or password. Or you can just use epc.tmobile.com (just like that) and no proxy. Try that.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by danska
    Well, it's wap.voicestream.com and you might have to use the proxy with that apn. 216.155.165.50 port 8080. No username or password. Or you can just use epc.tmobile.com (just like that) and no proxy. Try that.
    Danska: Thank you for your help. I did try both of those that you suggested and still no success. Apparently, T-Mobile has to do whatever on their side to establish some type of Handshaking? I have established total system protocols quicker than what I see T-Mobile doing. Will continue to update this status.

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asctony
    Danska: Thank you for your help. I did try both of those that you suggested and still no success. Apparently, T-Mobile has to do whatever on their side to establish some type of Handshaking? I have established total system protocols quicker than what I see T-Mobile doing. Will continue to update this status.
    Regardless of if you have a data plan or not, you should still have restricted access to both the wap apn and epc apn. You should only have access to wap.t-zones.com or wap.myvoicestream.com as that is the main portal for t-mobile. Check if you can get to one of those sites. The epc.tmobile.com apn w/o proxy appears to be faster and allows for more applications. So, i would use that one. If you can't get access to one of those sites, somethings wrong. A standard data connection to those sites is standard regardless of a data plan or not. (to check usage and stuff like callertunes.)

Device(s)
    Orchid Sidekick Lx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone know how is a solid way to go about getting this I tried like 2 times and a no go both times everyone said they couldnt do it at all?

Page 4 of 831 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 504 ... LastLast