Page 5 of 831 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5 64GB 6.1.2 Jailbroken
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Did you ask to speak with customer loyalty?

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well now I have two Internet connections.
    1. I set up MY CONNECTION using epc.tmobile.com apn w/o proxy. Thanks to DANSKA.
    2. Tzone using wap.voicestream.com which T-Mobile told me to setup and use.
    I have connected to Google, My Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., without any problems. A little slow. There are times where Tzone (wap.voicestream.com) tries to connect even when I am using/connected via epc.tmobile.com.

I guess my question now would be do I need both 1. and 2? Or can I delete 2 Tzone wap.voicestream.com?

I can try to delete 2 and see what happens. However, I don't know if that will cause a problem with epc.tmobile.com.

Danska: Your expert advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help up to this point.

Device(s)
    Orchid Sidekick Lx
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    First I spoke to a reg rep then I believe the disconnect dept..

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asctony
    Well now I have two Internet connections.
    1. I set up MY CONNECTION using epc.tmobile.com apn w/o proxy. Thanks to DANSKA.
    2. Tzone using wap.voicestream.com which T-Mobile told me to setup and use.
    I have connected to Google, My Yahoo, Hotmail, etc., without any problems. A little slow. There are times where Tzone (wap.voicestream.com) tries to connect even when I am using/connected via epc.tmobile.com.

I guess my question now would be do I need both 1. and 2? Or can I delete 2 Tzone wap.voicestream.com?

I can try to delete 2 and see what happens. However, I don't know if that will cause a problem with epc.tmobile.com.

Danska: Your expert advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help up to this point.
    The epc apn is pretty new and they don't advertise it or tell many people about it. It appears that standard procedure is that the wap apn is normal. You can get access to email, tmobileweb/tzones, callertunes, myfaves, and everything else with the epc apn. There is no reason to use the wap apn if you want.

The main difference between the wap apn and epc apn is a few reasons. The proxy is usually needed for the wap apn unless you have the full data plan. The wap apn blocks ports. (for streaming web. email and the such are ok). and the epc apn appears to compress images for faster loading time. In some phones you can change the compression settings by going to http://2.2.2.2/ but most phones can't adjust it.

If you tether with it, use the epc apn and your set. That's not really meant for that plan but i occasionally do it but don't abuse it.

In other words, the epc apn alone should be fine. I wouldn't worry about the wap apn

Hope that helps.

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meems
    First I spoke to a reg rep then I believe the disconnect dept..
    I just dialed 1.800.937-8997 using my home phone and went through all the options then finally got to speak to a girl and just asked for the TZone $5.99 plan. She could not find it, so I offered the code TZUNL599 and she found it and that was it. Then she turned me over to the IT Dpt and they gave me the info to setup my phone. Try it again.
    I ran into this when I got my Wing last year. I had to try at least 3 times before I got the special which turned out to be free after all my rebates.
    Good Luck!

Device(s)
    Samsung Omnia I900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Danska: Thanks!!! Do you mind if I post your info on the Samaung Omnia forum for the people who have an Omnia I9x0? I know that many of them would be very appreciative. If you so no, I will not post it there. Thanks again!!!!

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by asctony
    Danska: Thanks!!! Do you mind if I post your info on the Samaung Omnia forum for the people who have an Omnia I9x0? I know that many of them would be very appreciative. If you so no, I will not post it there. Thanks again!!!!
    The info i posted is pretty common knowledge here, so post away! I find the epc apn a bit faster on edge and gprs. About the same on 3g. (3g fast, edge slower, and gprs SLOW).

You can get away with a lot more with the epc apn. You can run google maps, opera mini, java applications, email, just about anything. It's one of the better things they have done.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    looks like code is expired...
    anyone else tired recently?

New Member.....

Feedback Score
    i just added it today the 19.02.09 and was all good... but they did give me tmobile web
    "Anything with a SIM"

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ok i did call back again they were able to do it.
    CS tells me im limited to 10mb.
    so what is the story unlimited or limited?

Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile·
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mi6007
    10GB maybe? 10mb is too small. Log onto my.t-mobile.com and check there. That will tell you. It took a while for it to show up on there so you might have to check tomorrow. You want to check your current usage. It should say Internet Access with either unlimited or something else.

Feedback Score

is not limited... they just pull words out of their ***

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    so... it show up on my-tmobile.com.
    but i can't get anywhere on my phone.
    if type www.google.com on my phone they went me to upgrade my plan...
    any help?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    so... it show up on my-tmobile.com.
    but i can't get anywhere on my phone.
    if type www.google.com on my phone they went me to upgrade my plan...
    any help?
    nevermind its working now....

Device(s)
    It's not about quanity of phones you have, it's the quality of the phones:)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT with fast 3G speeds Q(-_-)g
    Feedback Score
    Still this does not work for flexpay customers
    Girls are like phones. They like to be held, and talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll get disconnected!!!

Page 5 of 831 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 505 ... LastLast