Page 479 of 844 FirstFirst ... 379 429 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 529 579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

  1. #7171
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    251
    Device(s)
    Nokia 3650
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    "From my understanding the rebate will not work if you are not on a data plan of 20.00 or more."

    That's a bummer, and that is not clearly stated on the website or on the rebate form. Has anyone with tzones submitted the form and been rejected?

    The rebate form that came with my Nexus 4 says:
    "All Smartphones require a 2GB data feature or higher to qualify for the mail-in rebate card."
    Well, tzones is an unlimited data feature.

    It also says:
    "The respective data feature listed in the Qualifying Handsets and Required Data chart is required."
    I could not find any such chart.

    And then the checklist at the bottom of the form says it is required to submit 3 things: completed rebate card, proof of purchase, and "Required data feature." Not clear how you are supposed to submit a "data feature."

  2. #7172
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,949
    Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

    Nexus 4 are getting shipped now from Google. Guess I don't have to wait 2 weeks to "have my phone blocked" LOL
    Last edited by Antenna; 01-31-2013 at 12:42 PM.

  3. #7173
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Feedback Score
    0
    I ordered mine on Tuesday, the day they came out, And I just got mine delivered this morning via UPS! Woohoo! Gonna sell them on craigslist for $600 bucks like those turd! ijk,
    -----------------------------------------------
    My 920SH is amazing!
    My 920SH can get you hot and bothered!


    Currently using SH-06a! (WHITE)
    Will post Pictures soon!

  4. #7174
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    304
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone know if there is any app in the Playstore that would allow tethering with T-zones?

    I have the Note 2 working on my T-mobile T-zone plan except I want the ability to tether too, I know I can root and possibly install a custom rom, was wondering if there is any app that could enable that feature without me having to root.

    Thanks!

  5. #7175
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,865
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ucfgnome View Post
    Anyone know if there is any app in the Playstore that would allow tethering with T-zones?
    It is my understanding that Easy Tether and PDA.NET will allow you to tether via USB without rooting. I think PDA.NET also has an option to hide tether usage which may get around T-Mobile blocks.

    To use one of the wifi tethering apps like Barnacle, Wifi Tether for Root Users or Wifi Tethering, you'll need root access to install those.

  6. #7176
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,865
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenna View Post
    Guess I don't have to wait 2 weeks to "have my phone blocked"
    You're the one who stated in Post 7136, "Imagine T-Mobile blocking the phone". If you're busy imagining them blocking the phone, why order two of them?

    I answered someone's question that factually it's always a possibility that T-Mobile could block the phone. So I know the risk I'm taking. But if you have such great concerns about blocking, why not go and find another phone to use?

  7. #7177
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    531
    Feedback Score
    0

    Re: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

    What are your average t-zone data speed?



    Sent from my SGH-T989 using HowardForums
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #7178
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    145
    Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have tzone and few years ago I ordered the HTC HD2 that had a rebate requiring the data plan like this one on the Nexus 4. I ordered online and did not sign up for the data plan since I have tzone. I submitted the rebate anyway and got a rejection letter saying I did not have the "qualified" data plan. So don't expect to get your rebate with tzone as the data plan.

  9. #7179
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When you upgrade phones online, does that mean I need to wait til my 2 year contract expires. I tried it online but it is asking me to pay for full price. My contract expires in couple months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nardva View Post
    Back in December T-Mobile was allowing the Nexus 4 upgrade for 200 and you didn't need a rebate. Now the upgrade is 250 and to save an extra 50 you need the rebate. From my understanding the rebate will not work if you are not on a data plan of 20.00 or more.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using HowardForums

  10. #7180
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'll be getting a Nexus 4 soon, and would like to switch to T-zones from my $20 Preferred Android Data plan for the cost savings. I've been following this thread, but it's not clear to me what the best way of going about it is. I have a feature phone that I can switch to before I make the call. Do I just call retentions and ask for T-zones? Is there a special price, or name, or code that I need to mention? Thanks.

  11. #7181
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,865
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by itouchmacbook View Post
    When you upgrade phones online, does that mean I need to wait til my 2 year contract expires. I tried it online but it is asking me to pay for full price. My contract expires in couple months.
    You should be able to get a discounted upgrade 22 months after your last upgrade. You can go to Best Buy's upgrade checker and it should give you the exact date when you qualify:

    http://bestbuymobile.com/upgradechecker/

  12. #7182
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,865
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
    I'll be getting a Nexus 4 soon, and would like to switch to T-zones from my $20 Preferred Android Data plan for the cost savings. I've been following this thread, but it's not clear to me what the best way of going about it is. I have a feature phone that I can switch to before I make the call. Do I just call retentions and ask for T-zones? Is there a special price, or name, or code that I need to mention? Thanks.
    It's very difficult to get T-zones if you've never had it. T-Mobile clamped down on their reps giving that out awhile back. You can certainly ask for it. You may have better luck getting what's called the $5 Preferred Phone First. That's essentially the same as t-zones (uses the same devices) but it has a 5GB throttle. Your Preferred Android also has a 5GB throttle, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

    Definitely call in from your feature phone. Say that you no longer want to use a smartphone on your account and since you only have a feature phone, $20 is just way too much to pay for data. Tell them that you've heard of an inexpensive data plan for feature phones called T-zones or if they balk at that, throw out the $5 Preferred phone first option.

    T-zones came in three different prices: $2.99, $4.99 and $5.99. $5.99 is the most common. $2.99 can only be added to very old grandfathered voice plans. You might get a rep who will throw the $4.99 version on your account to save you $1 per month. If you get it on there, then you should be able to go over 5GB without a throttle.

  13. #7183
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It's very difficult to get T-zones if you've never had it. T-Mobile clamped down on their reps giving that out awhile back. You can certainly ask for it. You may have better luck getting what's called the $5 Preferred Phone First. That's essentially the same as t-zones (uses the same devices) but it has a 5GB throttle. Your Preferred Android also has a 5GB throttle, so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

    Definitely call in from your feature phone. Say that you no longer want to use a smartphone on your account and since you only have a feature phone, $20 is just way too much to pay for data. Tell them that you've heard of an inexpensive data plan for feature phones called T-zones or if they balk at that, throw out the $5 Preferred phone first option.

    T-zones came in three different prices: $2.99, $4.99 and $5.99. $5.99 is the most common. $2.99 can only be added to very old grandfathered voice plans. You might get a rep who will throw the $4.99 version on your account to save you $1 per month. If you get it on there, then you should be able to go over 5GB without a throttle.
    Thanks for this explanation. The throttle doesn't matter to me as I only use less than 1GB a month.

  14. #7184
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The 909, Southern California
    Posts
    9,949
    Device(s)
    Android
    Carrier(s)
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    You're the one who stated in Post 7136, "Imagine T-Mobile blocking the phone". If you're busy imagining them blocking the phone, why order two of them?

    I answered someone's question that factually it's always a possibility that T-Mobile could block the phone. So I know the risk I'm taking. But if you have such great concerns about blocking, why not go and find another phone to use?
    Again, I was trying to bring to light the fact that it seems ironic T-Mobile would allow "loyal T-Mobile users to use 'web special' upgrades" and then turn around and block the phone. Why allow someone to upgrade via a T-Mobile channel and then shut the phone down. You are missing the point. The Nexus is a fantastic device, I hope it remains unblocked. Hey if you want to lock yourself down for 2 years, and take that risk, do so.

    I would rather pay $60-120 more, and not deal with the contract.

  15. #7185
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can't search for 500 pages, but here is my question: can one open up the N4 and upgrade the memory to a bigger chip (like 32GB or something)?

Page 479 of 844 FirstFirst ... 379 429 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 529 579 ... LastLast

Bookmarks