Page 604 of 844 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 654 704 ... LastLast
Results 9,046 to 9,060 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hello. Does Android preferred plan will work on iPhone as well?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itouchmacbook View Post
    Hello. Does Android preferred plan will work on iPhone as well?
    Yep. That's what I used.

Sent from my Galaxy Express
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the nexus 5 from google play work with preferred first web?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fattyhomer View Post
    Does anyone know if the nexus 5 from google play work with preferred first web?

Thanks
    No it won't work. Preferred phone first has the same device compatible as tzones.

Device(s)
    iphone 7plus
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

HTC One on t-zones

I have the $49.99 family plan with 500 minutes---2 cellphones and 2 voip phones. Only one line has the $2.99 t-zones, the other cellphone is not being used but I kept the family plan so i can keep the 2 voip phones. I am so behind on what is going on with t-mobile and i have no clue what the btv is or the preferred plan I keep seeing here. I am currently using HtC sensation xe and i am interested in getting an unlocked hTC One. Does anyone know if this phone will work on t-zones? I have seen HTC One 801n, hTC One 801e and HTC One M7. No clue what the difference is. Also, is there anything I should do with my plan or should i not change what I currently have? I don't need more minutes as I barely make/receive calls.

Feedback Score
    BTV stands for bridge to value. It costs $5 and it allows you to use any unlocked phone including the HTC One. The downside is that it is throttled after 5gb per month.

Feedback Score
    Bridge to Value - BTV

When T-Mobile stopped giving subsidies they started a program to try and convince everyone to move from the old grandfather plans to a Value plan. If you had a family plan where one phone was on contract, because you got a subsidized phone, the whole family plan was locked into your old grandfathered plan. Because you no longer could get a subsidized phone on the other lines that were out of contract they would give discounts on the lines out of contract to bring your costs more in line with the new value plans. They named the discounts Bridge to Value (BTV). It was used as a way to slowly migrate a family plan, line to line as the lines came off contract, to a new Value family plan. You could get a BTV discount of $5 per each add a line that was out of contract, taking it from $10 to $5. You could also get a $15 BTV discount on a $20 or more data plan on lines out of contract. Most data plans, Total Internet and Android are two examples, were then $20-$15=$5.

I did not have a data plan on all my lines. I was able to add a data plan to those lines. The Data was $20 with a BTV discount of $15. When I added the data a BTV add a line discount of $5 was automatically added. The cost stayed at $10 but with an added data plan.

When I called to get the discounts I could not get them but if I made a change to the plan, like adding or changing the data plan, the discounts would be applied automatically. I have heard that you can not get the discounts on all the lines. At that point they expected you to finish the conversion to a value plan.

Device(s)
    iphone 7plus
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    So should I give up my $2.99 t-zones and do the BTV? I currently pay about $95 a month for a family plan with 2 cellphones and 2 voip phones. Only one line has the $2.99 t-zones and will only need internet on that line. What is the advantage of getting an unlocked HTC One versus getting it from T-Mobile? If I get it from T-mobile I can pay it off in 2 years with no interest and I assume I can get the unlock code from T-mobile so I can use a local sim whenever I am out of the country. I don't think I use that much data so 5gb is not a problem. I just want to make sure I make the right change in my account.

Device(s)
    Treo 680P Unlocked, Nokia Nuron, Dash 3G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rfutscher View Post
    I have heard that you can not get the btv discounts on all the lines. At that point they expected you to finish the conversion to a value plan.
    This part is not true. You CAN get btv discounts on all lines in your family plan and still keep your grandfathered plan without conversion.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Feedback Score
    Ok. question for all you experts out there:

I have a $49.99 family plan 600min+myfav with two lines. both lines under contact untill Nov 2014 and there is a $10 loyalty deduction untill that date as well. One of the lines has $5.99 T-zone and the other $10 200MB regular data plan (with $5 additional loyalty discount untill Nov 2014). I have also bought subsidized phone last November. My total monthly payment is $50 including tax after all the loyalty discounts and 15% company discount.

here are my questions:
    - what type of plan I should expect with migration?
    - Is there any change I should make to my plan right now to have a better migration plan?
    - Are they going to remove the loyalty discounts after migration (I know they may do it for the $5 they have for the data plan of the second line but the $10 is for the whole account for renewing the contact for two years so is it possible they keep it?
    -what about the company discount? is it going away as well with the new value plans?

thanks for your ideas

Feedback Score
    What is the difference between T-Zones @ 5.99 and TMobile Web @ 5.99?

I was transferred from T-Zones to BTV but then requested that they put my T-Zones back on.

On their system Tzones and TmobileWeb is the same plan, but on my billing page it is showing as TMobileweb.

The strange thing is that while before the Nexus 5 would not run on Tzones, it was running on Tmobileweb.

any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Google/LG Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile (US)
    Feedback Score

Question T-Zones alternatives for grandfathered individual plans?

Quote Originally Posted by bluray911 View Post
    Ok, I need advice...help! I'm getting the Nexus5 soon but I have the old tzone $5.99 plan on my awesome plan (dtmsca). What's the best inexpensive internet plan I can get on my plan to use the n5? TIA
    Similar situation (but less awesome plan). I have a grandfathered "Get More" individual plan with $5.99 T-MobileWeb (t-zones), have not taken a phone subsidy or signed a contract since 2006.

If I had a family plan, I understand the BTV $5 Internet plans are the way to go to keep rates low while getting away from the device restrictions of T-Zones. What's the next best thing for individual plans?

I can wait until February 1 and see what happens with forced migrations (presumably the new plans won't have device restrictions), but I'm also interested in upgrading to a Nexus 5 earlier if possible. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by imit8 View Post
    Similar situation (but less awesome plan). I have a grandfathered "Get More" individual plan with $5.99 T-MobileWeb (t-zones), have not taken a phone subsidy or signed a contract since 2006.

If I had a family plan, I understand the BTV $5 Internet plans are the way to go to keep rates low while getting away from the device restrictions of T-Zones. What's the next best thing for individual plans?

I can wait until February 1 and see what happens with forced migrations (presumably the new plans won't have device restrictions), but I'm also interested in upgrading to a Nexus 5 earlier if possible. Thanks.
    This is a tricky question as this leads into mine. I had T-Zones on my account and it would not work with my Nexus 5. I went to BTV and had no problems. After running into some problems (lost tether), I requested to go back to T-Zones. on my bill it said Tmobile Web instead of T-Zones, but my phone was still working.

So I don't know if Tmobile Web has the same restrictions as T-zones, or if it was just a fluke because I went from BTV to T-zones.

Regardless, I am using BTV on my Nexus 5 now and it works fine.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    So let me get this straight, T-Mobile web 5.99 works with the nexus 5??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamezilla View Post
    So let me get this straight, T-Mobile web 5.99 works with the nexus 5??
    Not confirmed, as my instance may have been a fluke due to switching my phone through so many different data plans in a short period of time.

What I would like to know is if someone has Tmobile web and a Nexus 5 to confirm this other than me.

Page 604 of 844 FirstFirst ... 104 504 554 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 654 704 ... LastLast