Page 841 of 844 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 12653

Thread: Grandfathered $5.99 T-Zones Data: Discuss All Related Questions Here ONLY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klaberte View Post
    I'll give that a try after I clear a few things up. First, will PUA Web Only work on Apple iPhones? Also, what's the deal on data caps, throttles, hotspots for that plan?

Anyone been successful with T-Zones to $5 PUA?
    Preferred Android Unlimited Web Only will work on any phone device, including iPhone. There are no caps (the 5GB cap for this plan was removed years ago) or throttling, except for T-Mobile's Network Management Policies, which apply to all data features on the network.

Preferred Android Unlimited Web Only does not include any hotspot features (officially). However, if you need or want hotspot functionalities, I would open a Mobile Internet line for such a purpose.

Feedback Score
    Hotspot feature can work if your using unlock phone and tethering to devices that doesn't have ipv6. I use it every now and then with a laptop.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafuzz View Post
    I'm currently on family time with BTV and will be travelling to Canada for few weeks. What's my best option? Just need to be able to call, text, and maybe data.

I see that the website still allow me to add SC NA tablet line? Would that roam for free in Canada? I can just use VoIP if data works.

What about digits paired with data? I'm not sure if that line can even roam when pairing with grandfather plan.

My last resort is just open a One line and close it after the trip or look into local sim.

AT&T prepaid (ex-goPhone) has free roaming (with data) on the $45+ plans in Canada and Mexico

If you're going to more than Canada, get a Google FI Sim. They have a lot of roaming partners. The device restriction is lifted and you can now use it in any phone. Plus it's high speed roaming data for the same $10/GB rate as domestic with a cap @ $60.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kk888 View Post
    AT&T prepaid (ex-goPhone) has free roaming (with data) on the $45+ plans in Canada and Mexico

If you're going to more than Canada, get a Google FI Sim. They have a lot of roaming partners. The device restriction is lifted and you can now use it in any phone. Plus it's high speed roaming data for the same $10/GB rate as domestic with a cap @ $60.
    att is absolutely no Go.
    T-mobile SIMPLE choice or any other plan all comes with free roaming for 200+ counties.
    or you can on data line phone on-demand,when you need travel to add $10 plan to get unlimited roaming

Feedback Score
    I'll give that a try after I clear a few things up. First, will PUA Web Only work on Apple iPhones? Also, what's the deal on data caps, throttles, hotspots for that plan?

Anyone been successful with T-Zones to $5 PUA?
    Well There is no cap on PAU but like tzones unfortunately hotspot tether is no go!! Pau works great on iPhone

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    So I was chatting with T-Mobile T-FORCE on Twitter last night about trying to add a 2nd BAN to add additional MI SCNA Lines. It was actually after 12 am & unfortunately I passed out while watching a movie before I could give the go ahead. They mentioned about adding additional MI lines to my already maxed out 5?

As far as my knowledge I don't think that is possible? Please see the chat transcript's below. I'm thinking of trying again now during the day to see if someone else can help me with this?

(Hello so I'm looking to add another BAN so I can add more SCNA MI Mobile Internet Lines. I am currently at the max for my legacy Family plan and have already looked at TMO one options but they just won't meet my needs.

I was chatting with a couple friends of mine and they sign it was rather easy to set up for them by TMO. I am thinking of taking advantage of some of the TMO tablet promos & they require new lines to be added. Thank you very much.

All the best,
    Ron.

Hey there Ron! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today!

I would be more than happy to look into this for you and see what your options are. I currently have your BAN xxxx account up right now. I see that you had a couple of MI lines on this one but you were looking to create another BAN to add more MI lines, is that right?

Thank you for clarifying on that for me Ron! I was looking into this and it does look like we should still be able to add MI lines to your account. Were you getting any kind of error when trying to add a new MI line?

If you wanted, I can try adding those new lines for you that way you don't have to go through the process of creating a whole other account.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    So I was chatting with T-Mobile T-FORCE on Twitter last night about trying to add a 2nd BAN to add additional MI SCNA Lines. It was actually after 12 am & unfortunately I passed out while watching a movie before I could give the go ahead. They mentioned about adding additional MI lines to my already maxed out 5?

What is:

BAN
    MI
    SCNA

Feedback Score
    What is:

BAN
    MI
    SCNA
    Billing Act Number
    Mobile Internet
    Simple Choice North America

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi (2nd SIM slot)
    Feedback Score
    anyone know what the status is of Global data passes and T-Zones these days? Nothing for international data shows up in my account anymore. use to see a data pass page, but today that is giving me a 404 error.

Edit: the data page missing appeared to be due to a tracker blocker*. Now that’s it’s working again, I’ll have to double check with T-Mo support that the One-Time 1GB, 1 week, $10 data pass still works for international too.

*found out the Add-On management works in the T-Mobile Android app too after I cleared the app’s data :/
    Last edited by phelme; 05-04-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S10 (G9730), Sony Xperia XZ2, Lumia 950 XL (Red Pocket)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Google Fi (2nd SIM slot)
    Feedback Score
    So, according to my chat with T-Mo support today there are -no more- international options for data for my Nationwide Talk & Text T-zones plan (~2003). The one that worked last Sept, a 10 day/1 GB pass at $20 has since been removed from the system. If true, this sucks. They checked with multiple departments and supervisors and couldn't find anything that would work. Now, it's possible the 1 week/7 day data pass at $10 might work, but they said the way the system is setup, they wouldn't know the billing until I tried to roam on data internationally with it. They think though the this on demand pass is limited to the US network. Which is odd because that pass would be redundant to me as I don't need it for the US.

Anyone chatted with support about this lately?

Feedback Score
    Use tzone for tethering for over 10 years with secret method...the usage never shows up in the system, use whatever as possible.
    canceled Spectrum cable Internet for years

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    Use tzone for tethering for over 10 years with secret method...the usage never shows up in the system, use whatever as possible.
    I wish I can drop spectrum and just rely on TMobile to save some money. But with monthly usage at home over 1TB I probably would get flagged and kicked off for abuse. It works well when spectrum is down though until you hit deprioritation and congestion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    If you don't mind would you perhaps share with me how you tether? I have unlimited grandfathered data plans with T-Mobile and unfortunately they took away tether from $5 Pau BTV data. I probably would just use for tablet, etc or on the go as we have unlimited home data thru Xfinity Comcast for $10 with 1Tb limit.

Feedback Score
    If you use a VPN it can make tether undetectable but that method was unstable when I used it. One way that works reliably is modifying the TTL of your client devices. Easiest is with windows, linux, and macos, can be difficult if you're trying to tether to another phone or tablet. Those don't allow you to change the TTL value without rooting or jailbreaking. You can go even further and use an OpenWRT or ddwrt router and use it to repeat the signal and modify the TTL value letting all devices connect to it and use it a replacement for your home internet.

Or just get jailbroken iphone and run tetherme tweak, seems to work out of the box without any tinkering.

Works with PAU, I'm sure it's no different with tzones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafuzz View Post
    If you use a VPN it can make tether undetectable but that method was unstable when I used it. One way that works reliably is modifying the TTL of your client devices. Easiest is with windows, linux, and macos, can be difficult if you're trying to tether to another phone or tablet. Those don't allow you to change the TTL value without rooting or jailbreaking. You can go even further and use an OpenWRT or ddwrt router and use it to repeat the signal and modify the TTL value letting all devices connect to it and use it a replacement for your home internet.

Or just get jailbroken iphone and run tetherme tweak, seems to work out of the box without any tinkering.

Works with PAU, I'm sure it's no different with tzones.
    Thank you. Seems like it's a bit amount of work and some adjustments that would need to be made in order for it to work. I'm sure it is against the terms of service though?

Page 841 of 844 FirstFirst ... 341 741 791 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 LastLast