Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Email and push experiences

Carrier(s)
    TELUS/Fido
    Feedback Score

Nokia Email and push experiences

OK. So ive tried gmail via the built in cx but it would occasionally drop my connection and not reconnect. In fact, sometimes when I tried to exit out of the messaging app, it will say that by exiting, it will also disconnect my gmail connection. Bummer!

I did some more research and really think a true push email (where a connection is running all the time consistently) may be the way to go. I like seven as a lot of you all recommend it. However, many reviews say it slows the phone down A TON. Im kinda (and I know a lot of people also dont recommend this) leaning towards the Nokia Email. However, one thing that concerns me is amount of data true push mail uses. I have a 500mb data connection...is that sufficient for just email and occasionally web browsling and slick?

What are some of your experiences with Nokia Email?

I tried to do a search here but it keeps giving me a script error saying out of memory or something

Device(s)
    Nokia N8, BBB 9700
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone and Telegraph
    Feedback Score
    Nokia Email is quite efficient w.r.t. traffic - whether or not it will go above your 500 MB quota is of course dependent on how much mail you get. (Though it would have to be thousands...)

Also, by default, it downloads only the first 2k or so of each message until you scroll down to the end of the preloaded content; after which it loads the rest.

-tor

Carrier(s)
    TELUS/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ok. So I just got it setup. Is it normal for it to create an account in the built in messaging cx as well? When I set it up, I have the actual email app (the red @ sign) and the built in client. However, the builtin client creates a 'gmail.com' account. Can I remove that?

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I had that happen the other day too, and I promptly removed everything - it's not supposed to do that. I'm assuming you went to the site from your phone - don't do that. On a PC, go to email.nokia.com and set it up from there, you should be asked to send yourself an SMS to set it up.

As for data, you should be fine. In the settings, you can tell it whether to download only the header, the full message, or the full message + attachments. With only the full message, an email is only like, 5-15kb, and there are 1024kb in 1MB, so unless you get gobs of email, you'd be fine.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I did exactly what you did and removed all the stuff. When it downloaded the app, it basically overwritten the app once again though. I dont think its a problem. The buttons work now.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia E71x
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try emoze, another decent solution that uses teh builtin messaging solution.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 NAM
    Carrier(s)
    Mobily
    Feedback Score
    i have been very happy with Nokia Email. I dont know of any Yahoo push services around for S60. Emoze could not get yahoo pushed.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzey111
    for some reason none of the text messages come in whenever i put my number in at email.nokia.com. any1 else got this problem and fixed it?
    email.nokia.com is really laggy. I got my text about 5 mins later.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I just started using nokia messaging so how do i delete my settings for the built in email app?

*nevermind i found out how*
    Last edited by vietalogy; 02-02-2009 at 10:31 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230i - Black/Silver
    Carrier(s)
    Hutch AP
    Feedback Score
    Im fine with it but it still misses important emails from my GMAIL account. I dont know where the problem lies i.e. google or nokia coz for this same reason I bought a BB and now I have the same problem with the BB and Gmail too.

Carrier(s)
    TELUS/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkanneganti
    Im fine with it but it still misses important emails from my GMAIL account. I dont know where the problem lies i.e. google or nokia coz for this same reason I bought a BB and now I have the same problem with the BB and Gmail too.
    by process of elimination, your problem seems to be coming from google. but im only guessing.

so far, nokia messaging has been great for me

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I wish I could try out Nokia Messaging on my 5800.
    [email protected] (Sports Tracker, Friend View)
    Twitter

Device(s)
    Nokia E72
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have the N78, and I'm not sure if I already have Nokia Messaging or just the built in client.

I went to email.nokia.com and tried to send the text message, but nothing ever happens. The website says to use the phone browser to download the app, but someone on this thread said not to do that.

I may already have the NM app, but I'm just not sure. It does not show up in my applications list, but I have the @ symbol in my Messaging Menu, and it says New mailbox next to it.

What do I need to do to try the NM app? I just want to make sure that I set it up right the first time.
    “The key to knowing the will of God is to have no will of your own." - George Mueller

My Feedback

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mo98
    I have the N78, and I'm not sure if I already have Nokia Messaging or just the built in client.

I went to email.nokia.com and tried to send the text message, but nothing ever happens. The website says to use the phone browser to download the app, but someone on this thread said not to do that.

I may already have the NM app, but I'm just not sure. It does not show up in my applications list, but I have the @ symbol in my Messaging Menu, and it says New mailbox next to it.

What do I need to do to try the NM app? I just want to make sure that I set it up right the first time.
    Best way to get the app is have Nokia send you a text. For some reason its not sending since last night. Still down this morning when I need to send a text to my other white e71. Guess we just got to play the waiting game.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How do I know if I already have the app? What is the difference between the NM app and the client. I have the @ symbol in my messaging folder. Is it possible that I already have the app? I bought the phone used from someone on these forums.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast