Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 162

Thread: Bold OS 4.6.0.234 (beta)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,124
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    Bold OS 4.6.0.234 (beta)

    I'm installing now...

    big jump for me .216 to .234

    I'll let ya know what changes I see
    Twitter: iMuggle
    Website: Mobile Nations

    The cake is a lie.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,978
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    It seems a lot faster and snappier. The wallpaper bug and media bug are both gone. Tethering to mac still doesn't work for me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    4,001
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4/Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    i really hope its a good update. Still on .216 here, waiting for that right firmware.
    @payroll
    is the quickness noticeable or no? the people at crackberry were talking about how the browsers ability to handle java script got better. Confirm?
    HF/CB

    "this thing you want, that you think you want, you dont want"
    LOL. KEANU FTW

    i wasn't born in 1977.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,978
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77
    i really hope its a good update. Still on .216 here, waiting for that right firmware.
    @payroll
    is the quickness noticeable or no? the people at crackberry were talking about how the browsers ability to handle java script got better. Confirm?
    I am coming from .190 to .234 as a note, but yeah I found the quickness noticeable. Everything just seems to flow faster and not take as long. When I loaded howardforums.com it does seem to load faster and not bring up the clock when loading the script. It does still happen occasionally though, when I loaded crackberry.com it took a while and the clock came up for a while.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    D.C.
    Posts
    4,001
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4/Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by payroll
    I am coming from .190 to .234 as a note, but yeah I found the quickness noticeable. Everything just seems to flow faster and not take as long. When I loaded howardforums.com it does seem to load faster and not bring up the clock when loading the script. It does still happen occasionally though, when I loaded crackberry.com it took a while and the clock came up for a while.
    hahah, i guess with have bolt and opera for sites like that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    5,724
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    What about battery life payroll? I'm currently on .190, tried .216 and hated the battery life so went back to .190.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,978
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpimp
    What about battery life payroll? I'm currently on .190, tried .216 and hated the battery life so went back to .190.
    Ill report back in a day or two to let you guys know. I just installed it like two hours ago so I can't really give an accurate statement about the battery just yet.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    425
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by payroll
    It seems a lot faster and snappier. The wallpaper bug and media bug are both gone. Tethering to mac still doesn't work for me.
    Am I the only one where tethering with Mac still works after upgrading from .185 to .216? In fact I just updated to .216 about an hour ago, right now browsing the forums through my Mac tethered.

    And that is how the cookie crumbles.
    »Feedback

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,124
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4c
    Am I the only one where tethering with Mac still works after upgrading from .185 to .216? In fact I just updated to .216 about an hour ago, right now browsing the forums through my Mac tethered.
    Tethering still works for me on my Mac. Haven't tried .234 but it worked under .216

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,978
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    What settings are you using?

    I am also using the BlackBerry 3G CID1

    For Telephone Number I have wap.cingular
    Account Name: I have my email
    Password: CINGULAR1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    189
    Device(s)
    My trusty ol' V60i...
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.216 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

    Quote Originally Posted by amkls704
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4c
    Am I the only one where tethering with Mac still works after upgrading from .185 to .216? In fact I just updated to .216 about an hour ago, right now browsing the forums through my Mac tethered.
    Tethering still works for me on my Mac. Haven't tried .234 but it worked under .216
    Which script did you use? I couldn't get tethering to work under .216

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    425
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I followed the instructions here:

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1468533&page=1

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    GSITA safe
    Posts
    42,722
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,124
    Device(s)
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4c
    That would be my walkthrough.

    I've been asking for them to sticky it for a while...apparently they don't listen.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    425
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Torch 9800
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by amkls704
    That would be my walkthrough.

    I've been asking for them to sticky it for a while...apparently they don't listen.
    Sounds good, so at least it confirms my suspicion that using that walkthrough and the linked script is the solution. Now I'm just wondering how the others users who reported that tether no longer works are setting it up.

    May I suggest to remove the Bold from the Mac's bluetooth devices, and also removed the Bluetooth Modem from the Network connections. Then re-add the device following the above instructions and see if it works.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Bookmarks