Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nokia e71 "Lock Code" question...

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500c Gold
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score

Nokia e71 "Lock Code" question...

Im really sorry if this has been asked before, but I am just curious about what I did to the phone.

I bought a Nokia E71-1 (RM-346 code: 0569999) second had from a guy on craigslist. It is branded from "3" in the UK I believe. It was Sim unlocked and worked great for a couple days until I noticed my voice mail box wasn't working. I called my provider (ATT) and asked them what the deal was. They said it was a device problem. So I found a reset method for the phone from searching the web. Holding CALL + 3 + * while powering on the phone. This worked great except now the phone is asking for a "Lock Code".

Is this a SIM unlock code or a phone unlock code? If it's a SIM unlock then I will get rid of the phone and get another, but if it's a phone unlock code then maybe I can possibly figure that out.

Can anyone tell me what I can do?

Thanks

Device(s)
    N8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Try entering 1..2..3..4..5

Device(s)
    N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Phone unlock code. The default should be 12345.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500c Gold
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Entering the code 12345 gives me a code error. Any other suggestions? I also contacted the carrier "3" for assistance, but I'm assuming they wont be able to help me much. I was just thinking that I could find a way to do a firmware update, do you think that would fix the problem I am having?

Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    can you start the phone again? if so, type *#7370# and then enter 12345.

What is wrong with your voicemail?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500c Gold
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I restart the phone and it sends me directly to the 'lock code' screen. My voice mail didnt kick in. It would have a busy signal when people called.

i talked to the guy that I bought it from and he mentioned that holding ctrl+shift+f upon start up would show a function screen but I didnt see that. Has anyone hear of this screen? I didn't find any reference to it in my web searches.

Device(s)
    Nokia N82 + 8GB Sandisk MicroSDHC + Nokia BH-501
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    So did the hard reset actually take place, or was it waiting for a lock code to continue?

If it was a network lock, you'd usually just get a "network restriction" error without a dialog to enter a code.

If it's a sim card PIN, well, you should know it. If not and you keep guessing, you will be prompted for a PUK code, which your provider can give you. If you enter the PUK code wrong too many times, your sim will literally be fried (seriously).

Back in Black.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500c Gold
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlarman
    So did the hard reset actually take place, or was it waiting for a lock code to continue?

If it was a network lock, you'd usually just get a "network restriction" error without a dialog to enter a code.

If it's a sim card PIN, well, you should know it. If not and you keep guessing, you will be prompted for a PUK code, which your provider can give you. If you enter the PUK code wrong too many times, your sim will literally be fried (seriously).

The reset did actaully take place because the theme has changed as well as the start up image and wallpaper.

Have you guys heard of a function screen when you start up the phone while pressing ctrl+shift+f?

The guy I bought it from said this would work but I didn't find this anywhere on the web when I was searching.

Any other suggestions?

I hate looking at my phone just sitting on the desk not doing a dang thing...

Device(s)
    Nokia E71x
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think the sequence you mentioned is incorrect: according to the 'E71 Hard Reset' thread, the sequence for resetting the phone is:

"Turn off. Press simultaneously: Call Key (Green key w/ phone icon on it), 3 (or Y), # (or J) and turn phone on, keep all buttons pressed until Nokia welcome screen shows-up."

Hope this helps.

Device(s)
    Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Original lock code was mentioned already and it should be 12345.
    Now the dude who sold it to you could have changed it in the past! ask him if he remembers doing that. And for the future dont believe what people tell you cause they will say whatever it takes to sell something (what was that Ctrl **** F stuff) never heard of it!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500c Gold
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    So I have come to realize the Ctrl f and restart didn't work and the seller said he never changed the Lock Code. This puts me into kind of a pickle. I tried every lock code I can think of and nothing. I tried 12345 and 0000 and 1111 and 1234, but it still isn't working. I was thinking that I could change the firmware to the new one, but I'm not sure if that would change anything. Any thoughts about the firmware upgrade?

Thanks

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Hi,
    I'm reviving this thread since I have the same problem and I haven't found a solution yet: my phone is asking fora lock code at startup and the default is not working after a hard reset.

The problem is that I have a strange keyboard problem: the "o" key is now working as the character key and there's an "o" in my lock code so I cannot access the phone at all.

Feedback Score

E71 Lock code.

My lock code got alphabet 'a' but key 'a' is not working. when I press key 'a'
    it comes up with '*h' so I'm not able to punch in my lock code. Can anyone help me how to get rid of lock code or reset it to default '12345'?
    I've tried hard reset by holding 3 + * + call button and turning on but it still just comes up to lock code screen. '12345' doesnt work here. cannot do *#7370# either. Tried to get rid of lock code screen by calling 112 but no luck. still comes back to lock code sceen as soon as i hang up.
    Can anyone help me with this problem please??
    I just want to reset the phone even if it means i loose all the applications and data.

Feedback Score
    Nokia phone lock codes can be reset (even for the newest models) with nothing more than Nemesis and a USB cable.

The first method in the link below doesn't always work but I can tell you that the second method works for even the newest models.

http://zblog9.wordpress.com/2009/07/...ault-settings/

Feedback Score
    i also hv a same problem like urs..if u got any info bout it.. plss inform at my email..
    [email protected]
    thxx..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast