Thread: Another Great Conversation

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Curve 8320 Titanium
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Another Great Conversation

Here's a quick overview:

3 lines on a family plan all under contract until 12/2009.

Caller: "Why was I charged a $100 fee on the phone I sent back to you?"

Rep: "I am so sorry to hear you were charged a $100 Out of Warranty fee on your phone. Upon researching it I discovered that it was determined that there was some sort of physical damage to the phone that isn't covered under warranty."

Caller: "Watchu mean damage?! I ain't payin' no $100 fee because my phone wasn't damaged!"

Rep: "Ma'am, I do apologize for the inconvience this has caused..."

Caller: "I ain't payin', I'm just going to cancel my service, I ain't got no contract and can cancel!"

Rep: "I am sorry to hear you want to cancel, however that fee is a valid charge and I do want to let you know that you are currently..." CLICK....

Thoughts after the phone goes dead: Hmmm, ok, go ahead and cancel your account, not only will you still need to pay the $100 OOW fee but now you are going to get nailed another $300 in ETF's for canceling...HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't it be $600? Or are they on tiered ones...

Device(s)
    RIM Blackberry Curve 8320 Titanium
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you are correct. It would be $600, guess I can't multiply. D'oh!

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    when you do a warranty exchange, certified techs do examine the phones and look for 2 things, physical damage, and check the LDI's(liquid damage indicators) on the phones to see if any liquid came in contact, usually only 1 is visible to a person, but there is 2-3 that are hidden in sealed areas in the phone, usually behind the keypad and such, if found red, the fee is auto charged.

sorry
    My opinions and statements do not reflect the policies or stance of T-Mobile

T-Mobile, RSR