Thread: *82 woes

Feedback Score

Cool *82 woes

I spent the morning going over *82 woes, where my number is not unblocked for a one call only, where the party requests that the caller allows ID.

Started with AT&T chat, sent politely from there to Apple, and from Apple back to AT&T, this time straight to a tech. The tech took care of it immediately. He mentioned a published a list of equivalent codes to use from a few years ago (has anyone seen it, I would like to find it?).

Of course, did the dance turning the phone on and off, how many bars, reset the phone, version #, etc.

To make a long story short, instead of *82 on the iPhone -at least mine, one should use *31#. I have added the prefix for all my landline contact numbers that ask for the *82. I hope this is useful to someone else. Advanced apologies if this is a duplication. I was unable to find the right key words to search for this issue...

Device(s)
    IFONE
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ?????

Come Again

Device(s)
    AT&T GSII, MIUI, Siyah kernal @1.6ghz
    Carrier(s)
    Tmo for 8 years now AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wat? You lost me too

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    yeah......

um.....

ok?

Device(s)
    IPhone 16gb White 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Am I drunk..........wtf is happening here

Device(s)
    iPhone 3gS [32g] White
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    you can set your number to always be blocked. When someone does not accept blocked #'s, you have to "un-block" it. The op is teaching us how to unblock your #.

What was so hard about that?
    My HoFo Feedback

Palm Centro for sale <----Photos added Price drop <--- $75 shipped

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicktuso
    Wat? You lost me too
    All he said was if *82 doesn't work for some reason to temporarily unblock a restricted number, try *31# instead.

Which makes perfect sense, because *82 is an ANSI code, whereas *31# is a MAP code, which is what AT&T's network is built upon. 31 is the standard GSM feature code for CLIR and a * in front means activate feature.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hart1583
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    All he said was if *82 doesn't work for some reason to unblock your number, try *31# instead.

Which makes perfect sense, because *82 is an ANSI code, whereas *31# is a MAP code, which is what AT&T's network is built upon. 31 is the standard GSM feature code for CLIR and a * in front means activate feature.
    I think it's a she

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Samsung Captivate, MiFi 2200
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hart1583
    Nope, I am completely sober and it made no sense to me. Although, I am on a college campus, so chances are I have just been drunk since the first day of school. I don't drink, but buy association. You know.

Quote Originally Posted by XFF
    All he said was if *82 doesn't work for some reason to temporarily unblock a restricted number, try *31# instead.

Thank the Lord we have a smart person here! Despite the fact I still don't get it...
    Rock, Chalk!

Device(s)
    3g Iphone Jailbroken karz k1,v635, dell axim x51v, dell xps m1530, v3 razr
    Carrier(s)
    Att orange
    Feedback Score
    i guess howardforums should have a math test thing like gmail sending out emails
    vista ultimate on pc and xps 1530M
    Good old 3g IPhone JailBroken