Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet working on HTC Touch Pro. Here's how

Device(s)
    Htc Touch Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    I cant get my epst settings to save when i change it any input?

Feedback Score
    Anyone get the internet working while roaming? We're in Los Angeles right now and want to use GPS on the phone.

Device(s)
    HTcC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score
    I followed your instructions for getting my HTC to browse the internet. I t worked great in Columbus, Ohio. I am now working in San Jose, Ca and it keeps asking me for the password. Suggestions?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    *Unlimited PrePaid Services
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallas_w
    I followed your instructions for getting my HTC to browse the internet. I t worked great in Columbus, Ohio. I am now working in San Jose, Ca and it keeps asking me for the password. Suggestions?
    try revol as the password
    Please before you pm me find your way to the search button found here or google.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    *Unlimited PrePaid Services
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes0007
    I cant get my epst settings to save when i change it any input?
    Are you using QPST?

In some phones(like some Q's) after changing the wap settings they revert to factory, I dont remember but I think a custom rom will fix that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndx View Post
    It seems like these settings are not necessary.

MMS Setup

This is WAY more problematic than setting up internet. First there are several different MMS clients and each have their own settings. Second are the UA Profiles. I still don't have this working quite right.

The HTC Mogul can send and receive MMS messages, but they don't seem to go outside the Revol network when sending. The Touch Pro can send messages but when they arrive on the Mogul it shows a server address rather than a phone number. So this is a work in progress.

The most important things to know are these settings

MMS Gateway: blank
    Server: http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php
    Connect using: (the connection you set up for internet access)

UA Profiles - You can find and download these on the internet then store them on your phone and it seems to work ok. It's an xml file that tells the MMS client what files your phone is capable of viewing. So for the touch pro I downloaded a file called "HTC_Touch_Pro-1.0" and renamed it "tp-uap.xml" then moved it to the root directory of my device then set

Profile: C:\tp-uap.xml

Anyone with a Revol Motorola Q9C, please shoot me a message. I'd LOVE to ask you a few questions
    With that though do you have to have picture mail on your account b/c your instructions for the i-net worked fine without the extra (Palm Treo Pro)

Feedback Score
    I'm no longer a good source of info on any of this really. The wife and I switched to iphones on AT&T in October last year - which while not unlimited, the recent changes to the data plan mean we're actually paying less than we were on Revol and we've already got almost 4000 rollover minutes so it may aa well be unlimited.

I found that with mms it was really a lot more simple than it seemed at first. So long as the mms client your using is good then you can ignore the ua profiles and just enter the addresses above Nd you'll be all set. The only problem I was unable to resolve was that I could not properly receive them from my sister and brother-in-law, but I could get them from both their kids just fine.

Device(s)
    HTcC Touch Diamond
    Carrier(s)
    Revol
    Feedback Score

MMS on HTC Touch Diamond

I have a Sprint HTC touch Diamond that was flashed to Revol. Phone works great and internet works great in Columbus, Ohio. I deleted Sprint Picture mail and loaded AcrsoftMMS5.0.31.7. I can test but cannot send any pictures. I do not know how to enter the MMS settings that Houndx talks about. Suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Hello all. I have Revol service on an Alltel Motorola q9c that I had flashed. Everything worked accept for MMS. To get MMS to work on this phone, I had to do the following: Go to messaging. Highlight MMS. Click on Menu. Click on Settings. Click on MMSC Settings. At that point I only saw "Alltel MMS". Click on "Menu". Click on "Add" and call it "Revol MMS". When you click on it, fill in the following information:

Profile Name: Revol MMS
    MMSC: http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php
    Data Connections: The Internet
    Gateway: None
    Encoding: Binary

It works great. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2