Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Internet working on HTC Touch Pro. Here's how

Feedback Score

Internet working on HTC Touch Pro. Here's how

This is based off instructions found here and should work on most HTC phones. The process should be similar for any windows mibile device.

After the phone is flashed, your SPC should be 000000.

Open your EPST settings. This differs by phone, the touch pro is ##778# then go to Security and

HDR AN AUTH USER ID : [email protected]
    PPP User ID: [email protected]
    PPP Password: revol

Next:
    Go To M.IP Settings
    Change it to Simple IP only (this may not be right, I'm going to test it more but it's working)

Once you have done this Hit Menu then OK and phone will Ask you if you are sure you want to update and hit ok. Phone will restart.

WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename NETWORK to Revol wap, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is [email protected], password: revol Next hit Advanced then select the Servers tab:

Select use specific server address
    DNS: 10.2.1.15
    Alt DNS: 10.2.1.16
    WINS: 0.0.0.0
    Alt WINS: 0.0.0.0

After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy server make sure you type in wap.revol.us, Go to Advanced. My settings right now are as follows:

HTTP: wap.revol.us:80
    WAP: wap.revol.us:9201
    Secure WAP: wap.revol.us:9203
    Socks: wap.revol.us:1080

I'm not sure these are all correct/necessary but it's working so.. After this make sure that save and after that go to Internet Explorer and go to a website, at this point if you can view a website i.e google.com or some other website then your good to go.

I googled "mobile speedtest". choose the first link, then choose 100kb and the result was 57kbit/sec. Not record setting by any means but it's also not painfully slow.

coming soon - mms setup

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    *Unlimited PrePaid Services
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndx
    This is based off instructions found here and should work on most HTC phones. The process should be similar for any windows mibile device.

After the phone is flashed, your SPC should be 000000.

Open your EPST settings. This differs by phone, the touch pro is ##778# then go to Security and

HDR AN AUTH USER ID : [email protected]
    PPP User ID: [email protected]
    PPP Password: revol

Next:
    Go To M.IP Settings
    Change it to Simple IP only (this may not be right, I'm going to test it more but it's working)

Once you have done this Hit Menu then OK and phone will Ask you if you are sure you want to update and hit ok. Phone will restart.

WAP Set Up

1. Go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections

2. Go to Mange existing connections, at this point you can make a new one or edit one, I did edit, Rename NETWORK to Revol wap, Dial String should be set to #777, Username is [email protected], password: revol Next hit Advanced then select the Servers tab:

Select use specific server address
    DNS: 10.2.1.15
    Alt DNS: 10.2.1.16
    WINS: 0.0.0.0
    Alt WINS: 0.0.0.0

After that hit done.

3. Next Go to Proxy Settings, Make sure that Both boxes are checked, and for the Proxy server make sure you type in wap.revol.us, Go to Advanced. My settings right now are as follows:

I'm not sure these are all correct/necessary but it's working so.. After this make sure that save and after that go to Internet Explorer and go to a website, at this point if you can view a website i.e google.com or some other website then your good to go.

I googled "mobile speedtest". choose the first link, then choose 100kb and the result was 57kbit/sec. Not record setting by any means but it's also not painfully slow.

coming soon - mms setup

Good stuff I wish I could of put it out for you guys but they found out my hofo id and ASKED me not to make it public, idiots.

These settings can be used for almost all the phones if you can find a way to put them on.

Feedback Score

It seems like these settings are not necessary.

MMS Setup

This is WAY more problematic than setting up internet. First there are several different MMS clients and each have their own settings. Second are the UA Profiles. I still don't have this working quite right.

The HTC Mogul can send and receive MMS messages, but they don't seem to go outside the Revol network when sending. The Touch Pro can send messages but when they arrive on the Mogul it shows a server address rather than a phone number. So this is a work in progress.

The most important things to know are these settings

MMS Gateway: blank
    Server: http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php
    Connect using: (the connection you set up for internet access)

UA Profiles - You can find and download these on the internet then store them on your phone and it seems to work ok. It's an xml file that tells the MMS client what files your phone is capable of viewing. So for the touch pro I downloaded a file called "HTC_Touch_Pro-1.0" and renamed it "tp-uap.xml" then moved it to the root directory of my device then set

Profile: C:\tp-uap.xml

Anyone with a Revol Motorola Q9C, please shoot me a message. I'd LOVE to ask you a few questions

Feedback Score

Unhappy help altel htc touch pro

i am trying to get my htc touch pro on revol's network i cant get them to "flash" it for me i had the mongl and i flashed it myself then they said it would not activate on there network....i would actually call them on the phone from there network meaning i would dial *611 and talk to revol from the mongel but it wount work they said me flashing it myself ****ed the phone up so i sold it and got a brand new altel touch pro...did not **** with any service options at all and they said they could not flash it... they said they have never got an htc phone to work before.... i was wondering what your secret is...when i had the mongel on the network they said they could not forsably ad a new "serial number" for the esn into the system can somone please help me out feel free to call me or text me at 330-410-1470 greatly apreicated...thank for reading all that junk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rulermon
    i am trying to get my htc touch pro on revol's network i cant get them to "flash" it for me i had the mongl and i flashed it myself then they said it would not activate on there network....i would actually call them on the phone from there network meaning i would dial *611 and talk to revol from the mongel but it wount work they said me flashing it myself ****ed the phone up so i sold it and got a brand new altel touch pro...did not **** with any service options at all and they said they could not flash it... they said they have never got an htc phone to work before.... i was wondering what your secret is...when i had the mongel on the network they said they could not forsably ad a new "serial number" for the esn into the system can somone please help me out feel free to call me or text me at 330-410-1470 greatly apreicated...thank for reading all that junk
    The problem is that they don't have the drivers installed for the HTC modem. They need to put the phone in to diagnostic mode, attach it to the pc, THEN install the drivers. If they don't do it in this order it won't work. I went to four different stores before I was able to talk to a tech and get him to do it. See my posts about it here.

The best advice I can give you is to go to one of the smaller stores where you might have a chance to speak with the tech him/herself. At the larger corporate store I went to the first several times they wouldn't let me speak with the tech and even bringing printed instructions didn't help.

Alternatively, If you can get to the store I went to then their pc should already have the drivers installed. He flashed my Touch Pro, my wife's Mogul and his Touch.

Also, programming the phone youself does not "break" it but it can't be added to the network because the ESN isn't on their list until they flash it. They DO have the ability to manually add the ESN but they will NOT do it.

My two phones were flashed at the store located at
    1324 Vernon Odom Boulevard
    Akron OH, 44320
    Phone: (330) 983-6300

Feedback Score
    MMS Setup

This is WAY more problematic than setting up internet. First there are several different MMS clients and each have their own settings. Second are the UA Profiles. I still don't have this working quite right.

The HTC Mogul can send and receive MMS messages, but they don't seem to go outside the Revol network when sending. The Touch Pro can send messages but when they arrive on the Mogul it shows a server address rather than a phone number. So this is a work in progress.

The most important things to know are these settings

MMS Gateway: blank
    Server: http://mms.revol.us/revol/mms.php
    Connect using: (the connection you set up for internet access)

UA Profiles - You can find and download these on the internet then store them on your phone and it seems to work ok. It's an xml file that tells the MMS client what files your phone is capable of viewing. So for the touch pro I downloaded a file called "HTC_Touch_Pro-1.0" and renamed it "tp-uap.xml" then moved it to the root directory of my device then set

Profile: C:\tp-uap.xml

Anyone with a Revol Motorola Q9C, please shoot me a message. I'd LOVE to ask you a few questions
    Where exactly do you enter these settings? I can't find a place to enter MMS settings on the phone.

The internet is working great though! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    What kind of phone are you using? If you're using a windows mobile based device then you'll need to download and install an mms client.

Feedback Score
    My wife has a Sprint (now Revol) HTC Touch Pro. OK, I'll look for an MMS client. I thought it was built-in, like on my RAZR.

Feedback Score
    I just put arcsoft MMS from here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802

and it seems to work. I also found an xml file and put that on the phone. How do I tell the program to point to that profile? Also, what is the XML file supposed to contain?
    Last edited by marioxb; 05-23-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Feedback Score
    I'm using that version of arcsoft as well, you shouldn't need to add an xml file as the setting in that file already points to a valid xml file. I've had this problem resovled for quite a while but didn't thnk to revisit my post about it. In that thread is also a qvga version that doesn't require editiing the xml setting.

The ONLY problem I've having with MMS still is that my sister and brother-in-law use Palm phones on AT&T and I cannot download their attachments. They both recently upgraded to the Pro (I think) which is the Windows Mobile phone from Palm that uses Arcsoft and I STILL have the exact same problem. My nephew, who is on the same AT&T account, was able to send me pics on his old phone and got a new windows mobile phone and I can get his still. This peoblem has me pretty perplexed but I haven't given up on it.

tl;dr - The version of arcsoft posted above works fantastically for all pic messages except those sent from Palm phones, at least for me and the wife.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Yeah, that arcsoft is working great for my wife's phone. The only thing we recently ran into was that Revol made everyone upgrade their plans to use the internet.

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul / HTC Titan
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    i think we also need other info like ip addresses for mips default and all in epst.....

Feedback Score
    This step is NOT necessary and, as of recently, will prevent you from connecting to the internet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski
    i think we also need other info like ip addresses for mips default and all in epst.....
    If you're using a Windows Mobile phone, I've given you all the info necessary. I've done it several times now on my wife's Mogul and my Touch Pro. This works.

Device(s)
    Sprint Mogul / HTC Titan
    Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    i need a revol prl can anyone please tell me or post were i can get a revol prl...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast